PDA

View Full Version : Boondall Wetlands

Rustness
18-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi all IM just wondering if anyone can tell me if Boondall Wetlands are a green zone or not? I walked my dog through there a few times and thought about dropping a crab pot in while walking her but heard it could be a green zone. Thanks for any advice.

robersl
18-10-2012, 10:04 PM
yes on of the creeks is i think the 1 that runs under the gateway is until up past the gateway

TheRealAndy
18-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Nundah creek is a green zone up to the mangrove line up to the gateway bridge. West of the gateway, no problem. East of the gateway outside of nundah creek is questionable. There is 2 main offshoots of the creek, one is the drain to the Boondall Entertainment Centre, one is just south of that and heads into the mangrove swamp. I debated if it were legal to put pots in up there, but the legislation is vague. General consensus is that if it has water in at low tide, its a green zone.

Rustness
18-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Thanks all. I was thinking about dropping one in about half way between the creek you go over in the gateway and the entrance you can drive in when you turn off the gateway. So would that be green zone area?

TheRealAndy
19-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks all. I was thinking about dropping one in about half way between the creek you go over in the gateway and the entrance you can drive in when you turn off the gateway. So would that be green zone area?

When you say the entrance you can drive in, you mean the start of the bike/walk track where the building (information centre) is? Ie, off bicentennial road? IF you are walking in from the track, its debatable if its a green zone. Chance of getting caught up there are pretty much nil anyway, the fisheries only every go up nundah creek.

The green zone ends at the mangrove line of nundah creek, and I think this includes all the tributaries from memory.

kingcray
19-10-2012, 01:14 PM
yeah a real shame. had some good crabbing / prawning / bream fishing sessions up nundah. I drive over the bridge every day and every now n then see a kayaker up there flicking a lure.