PDA

View Full Version : Crab Pot Bait (Chicken Carcases)

thedeckie
18-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Just a heads up for those that use chicken in there crab pots, I have just been into Jack Purcell meats at Virginia and collected some chicken frames.

They have got bags of chicken frames for $1, there is around 3 frames per bag and the good thing is if you buy one you get one free.

Jack Purcell Meats
46 Pritchard Rd.
Virginia
3865 3666

I'm not sure if this is cheap but sounded cheap to me, they still have a fair bit of meat on them as well, the lady told me that they freeze well also.

Cheers

Paul

mattooty
18-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Awesome cheap dog food to!

ubar
18-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Cheers for the heads up mate....ive been using chicken frames and chicken drumsticks as the chicken drumsticks are $3a kilo , just need to get the the mudcrabs right size and sex now ...lol

manta man
21-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope you have more luck than me, with chicken carcases. Tried a couple of times absolute nothing. Because i leave my pots in for 24hrs the stench when i retrieve them is something to behold. Myself can"t go past the old humble mullet (Produce every time) trouble is they are very hard to come by, at the moment. Will be dropping the pots later this week hoping for a feed of muddies. Cheers Manta Man