PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Point Boaties Market 4th Nov. this sunday.

dayoo
17-10-2012, 10:20 AM
The Victoria Point Boaties Market is on again on Sunday 4 November 2012 at the Victoria Point State School.
I will be there with all by goodies jigheads, jigs and sinkers and hopefully my new lizardhead jig (waiting on hooks from the USA).

Cheers
Barry

tropicrows
17-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks Barry, I'll be there this time with all sorts of good and not so good boating stuff, and other bits.

theoldlegend
17-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I suppose I could wander down for a look............

Might even run into Tangles...........

TOL

netmaker
17-10-2012, 02:12 PM
and i will be there with oodies with a marquee set up and table and chairs collecting signatures for petitions and doling out flyers etc etc etc...

Axl
17-10-2012, 03:59 PM
It looks as if work commitments will finally allow me to make it to one of these market days, as long as all goes well I look forward to comming down and having a look.

tropicrows
30-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Can anybody tell me what time the gates open for sellers.

Lucky_Phill
30-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Can anybody tell me what time the gates open for sellers.

I googled vmr victoria point:-

http://www.vmr.org.au/

all details there.

LP

theoldlegend
30-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately it's looking like I won't be able to attend this one. :'(

Something to do with domestic flights between Brisbane and Mt Isa.........

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.......

I hope Tangles keeps his end up for the team. ::)

TOL

finga
30-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Unfortunately it's looking like I won't be able to attend this one. :'(

Something to do with domestic flights between Brisbane and Mt Isa.........

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.......

I hope Tangles keeps his end up for the team. ::)

TOL
I might have to be a ring in for you seeing I'll be in Brisbane until Sunday arvo.
I wonder if marlin Mike is on duty that day?

dayoo
30-10-2012, 08:07 PM
TOL sad to hear that you can't make it.:'( I have a new jig called the undertaker that I will be showing for the first time. Maybe Tangles will get one for you;)

Cheers
Barry

theoldlegend
31-10-2012, 05:05 AM
TOL sad to hear that you can't make it.:'( I have a new jig called the undertaker that I will be showing for the first time. Maybe Tangles will get one for you;)

Cheers
Barry

The "undertaker" Barry?? Now that sounds interesting. Hope it's not shaped like a coffin or something.

TOL

dayoo
31-10-2012, 10:08 AM
The "undertaker" Barry?? Now that sounds interesting. Hope it's not shaped like a coffin or something.
TOL

No mate the jigs will dispatch a lot of fish when they are laid to rest by the undertaker.

Cheers
Barry

cajunnsw
31-10-2012, 12:07 PM
There was a fantastic jig/casting lure in the 70's and 80's called the undertaker. They were branded "Irons" and included, coffin, assassin, and others along those lines. They even bought out a series made in aluminium at one stage.

dayoo
31-10-2012, 07:56 PM
There was a fantastic jig/casting lure in the 70's and 80's called the undertaker. They were branded "Irons" and included, coffin, assassin, and others along those lines. They even bought out a series made in aluminium at one stage.

Yes mate my brother and I used them many times back then. They were good hand made lures. Some of my lures are named after these lures.

Cheers
Barry

Lucky_Phill
03-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Bumping this thread.

A very worthwhile event.

Lots of other goodies there besides boating and fishing gear.

Also a good place to cacth up with fellow AF'ers.

Sellers and Buyers in at 5.00am

closes midday.

Sausage sizzle and coffee available.

Monster VMR raffle

$10 for sellers site and a " donation " from the buying public for entry.

See you there....

cheers LP

Horse
03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Phill, are you going to have any of your slugs out?......... For sale that is;D

Lucky_Phill
03-11-2012, 08:09 AM
NO, but i will bring some along.......

I should have my phone on me.....

or I will be near the sausage sizzle :)

Cheers

AnthonyL
03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I will be there bright and early guiding the cars in the carpark then will be at the back gate collecting for VMR... say hi if you see me Anthony.

Tangles
03-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I am a non starter... its not right if TOL isnt doing laps of the tables with shiny things! so going fishing/crabbing instead...got some of those new ZEREK shrimps to throw around

TOL reckon we will have to check out Dayoo's new lures next market...

Lucky_Phill
03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Who is going to buy me breakfast then Mike ??????

keep an eye on your signature........ :P :)

LP

dayoo
04-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Just got home from the boaties market. Car felt a bit lighter on the way home. Sold plenty of jigs and jigheads including the new undertaker. Glow sinkers were popular also.
Had the fishing machine helping me and said hello to plenty of Ausfishers including Moonlighter, Lucky_Phill, Netmaker, Horse, Greg (Wickerd)Lamprecht, Popgun 19 and many more.

Cheers
Barry

Lucky_Phill
04-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Well Barry, my wallet was a lot lighter after leaving the markets, but I have to say I did get a bargain or 2.

The undertaker looks the goods. :)

It just wasn't the same without TOL.

Also caught up to a few AF'ers....... and signed some petitions.

LP

netmaker
04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
and signed some petitions.LP

that must be my cue...
think i had my first profitable boaties market yet;D well, actually the only 1 yet! sold a fuel tank for $20, 7 packs of plastics for $10 and my commercial stick blender for $40. bought $25 worth of barrys jigheads, $10 raffle tickets, $8 on coffee and snags and $10 to set up. woo hoo, $17 profit;D. dont ask me about cost of goods sold tho:(.
i am posting the days petition results in the boat ramp thread. suffice to say i am very happy with todays results. luv the boaties market and i reckon we should have an unofficial m&g counter lunch after the next 1;D.
cheers
davo

Horse
04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
. luv the boaties market and i reckon we should have an unofficial m&g counter lunch after the next 1;D.
cheers
davo
Sounds like a plan Davo

Boat Hog
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
How much did you get for the shirt Davo?? ;D

netmaker
04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
How much did you get for the shirt Davo?? ;D

LOL:LMAO:. strict ausfish uniform today mate;)

shy guys
04-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I wore the shirt today Dave pictures to come

Firsttimefisherman
04-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi guys and thanks for the jigheads today Barry . Looking forward to using them next weekend.

As my username suggests I am a first time fisherman and dead keen to learn the ropes.

I am based in the Redlands (Wello) so please bear with my stupid questions from time to time.

Always keen to follow a few boats out for some fun in the bay and beyond.

I have a 4.39m tiller steer tinny with a 40hp cyl Yammy on the back so happy to go where ever that will take me (while I learn the bay and bump into a few sandbanks - but the ipad seems to help me negotiate my way around).

outta line
05-11-2012, 07:00 AM
was another big turnout yesterday .. as i had a stall didnt have time for a good look around so my profit was good for the day...lol.. usually come home with a bit of gear... did get to meet lucky phill and bought a float off sid fisher.. so put some names to faces but was in a bit of a rush as my stall was unattended maybe next time will be able to have a bit more of a chat...

tropicrows
05-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I end up make $333 from the sale of my quality junk Glad Alli was with me, that girl can sell anything. Always amazed what people buy and in the end not to much stuff went back into the shed. Cleaned out Barry of his 1 1/2 & 2 oz glow sinkers, and picked up new Penn trolling rod for $25 bucks.
Phill, you didn't give me any of those slugs, you didn't even tell me you had some with you.

chappie
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I made a late decision to go and have a look with my youngest lad. Note to self, need to arrive earlier then 10.30. Met Netmaker and Oodies and signed petitions while the lad got some soft plastics from Dave (Thank-you Dave, told his mother he scored some soft rubbers). Then i needed Dayoo for some of the other bits that make them catch fish but i think i was too late, couldn't find Barry. Saw Graham, had a cool drink, bought some raffle tickets wandered around a bit more then went and looked at the water and agreed with the lad that it would have been a good idea to have packed a rod so he could use his new plastics.
All in all a nice time with the boy.

dayoo
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
A lot of sellers including me left around 10.30am. Sorry you missed out.
Wallet couldn't hold any more notes;D

Cheers
Barry

mowerman
05-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I end up make $333 from the sale of my quality junk Glad Alli was with me, that girl can sell anything. Always amazed what people buy and in the end not to much stuff went back into the shed. Cleaned out Barry of his 1 1/2 & 2 oz glow sinkers, and picked up new Penn trolling rod for $25 bucks.
Phill, you didn't give me any of those slugs, you didn't even tell me you had some with you.

You mean to say someone BOUGHT that stuff?.:):)

Rod

Lucky_Phill
05-11-2012, 07:17 PM

MMMM post number 17 of this thread may have given it away... ::) :P :-X

LP