PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha F115 Scheduled Service

thelump
17-10-2012, 08:50 AM
I have an F115 Yamaha that is due for its hundred hour service soon. Had its first at 20 hrs and now has around 118 hrs on the clock.
I shopped around a bit to try and find a decent price but was blown away at the differences in price. Anywhere between $350 and $500 before parts are added. Labour only! Thats the Yammy dealers and one quote $666 including all parts required.
The non yammy guys were a bit better at $250-$280 plus parts but dont know if they can reset gauges and have computer gear for printouts etc.
What I am curious about is how much is necessary to be done at this stage? I would of thought just an oil and gear oil change and maybe fuel filters. Would plugs, impellor, anodes etc need changing at 120 hrs of fairly normal use? Would the warranty be voided if I were to use a non yamaha tech?

fisho64
17-10-2012, 01:27 PM
hey mate, I dont believe you can be forced to use a nominated dealer except for the initial 20hr (or 1000km on car), only a "suitable qualified mechanic".
However, for the sake of $70 diff between the dealer and non ($280-$350) I wouldnt worry too much about it and just use the dealer @ $350?

Noelm
17-10-2012, 01:46 PM
At 100 hours, they SHOULD, check the water pump, and if needed replace it, do the gear oil, engine oil and filter, check the fuel filters and replce if needed, and any sacrificial anodes, check any moving parts for lube and adjustment, remove the plugs and check/replace, compression test, and a general all over "check up" an authorised dealer is sometimes preferred, simply because they have the computer software, and all the manuals with specs for adjustments etc, however, they do tend to charge a bit more, and should use only genuine parts and oils.

thelump
18-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah i suppose I just was amazed at how much you pay. Maybe I should have bought an ETEC?

LittleSkipper
18-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I think as always with any service agent "You get what you pay for" have the service done on the cheap and that's exactly what you'll get. "CHEAP" with a little "NASTY" thrown in for good measure?

WalrusLike
18-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I am in the same boat and was considering Stones Corner because they had some good reports on here.

I also have a local marine shop that I trust but they are not Yammie so won't have the computer stuff.

Gon Fishun
18-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Some, of the bigger companies and franchises have a habit of replacing maybe faulty parts.
Check what you have to sign before work begins. Even write it in yourself, no other work to be carried out unless informed.

fisho64
18-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe I should have bought an ETEC?

Probably wont be sayin that when time comes to sell it.::)