PDA

View Full Version : Where do people buy there service parts (anodes, filters etc)

Snapperscott
16-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Where do people buy all of there annual service parts?

Ive been searching ebay and the like to good prices for anodes, oil filters, water separators, air filters, oil, gear lube etc.

Interested in what website provide competitive prices. (preferably oz sites).

scott.

Troy Wood
16-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Call Jesse at Seaquest Performance. 07 3889 3033. Excellent range with even better pricing. Ships nationwide daily!

Alchemy
16-10-2012, 07:38 PM
BLA has a good range of parts

http://bla.com.au/default/shop-online/engine-maintenance.html

rocklobster
16-10-2012, 08:19 PM
depends what engine you have . I have found it cheaper to purchase through boats.net or sim yamaha in the states for filters and other stuff . Talk to a few friends with boats and bulk order to keep freight down . You would find plenty of dealers purchasing water pumps and parts overseas at half the price

Salad Fingers
16-10-2012, 08:31 PM
for my old motor bought all my stuff from boats.net
unreal service, quicker to my door than ordering from the southern states usually - and significantly cheaper.

new motor i guess i will be taking it back to the dealer every couple of months for servicing.. ughh so not looking forward to having a motor under warranty in some ways lol.

Noelm
17-10-2012, 01:51 PM
kind of think unless you are going to buy a dozen or so filters and water pumps, then buying over seas is not worth the effort, I just go to my local authorised dealer and buy the stuff I need, he gives me a discount anyway, and I just walk away with the stuff I need, might be OK for big price items, but for (say) an oil filter, just spend the $25-30 and be done with it.

rocklobster
17-10-2012, 08:36 PM
The new F250 offshore oil filter was around $75 . 2 landed here with freight i think was about $105 . I have been told that dealers have slow freight (overseas) for filters ,water pumps etc and over night in Aust for immediate breakdowns

Chamelion
18-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I like the look of boats.net ... Fully new powerhead may be something I'll look into in the future (hopefully not too near). Wonder what exactly it comes with...

finga
18-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Here. Where else is there to buy outboard stuff??
http://www.gdmarineservices.com.au/index.html

Not a bad sort of a bloke to have a chinwag with either. And the bugger knows a thing or 30 about outboards.