PDA

View Full Version : Small plastic boats.

ubar
15-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone Im looking at buying a plastic boat as i just want something to throw in the back of the Hilux and head to rivers around the sunshine coast mudcrabbing. I looked at the pelican range and really like the PREDATOR 103 ,POLY SWIFTS AND THE FINN RANGE. Does anyone have any experience with them ? Im a 100klgs they rate up 270klg just want something for crabbing...Ill run a electric or small motor on the back.

If anyone knows someone who is selling something similar shoot pm

Thanks

Spiderpig
15-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Don't like the polycraft tuff tender?

Shelby35
15-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Don't like the polycraft tuff tender? My Dad had one great little boat for getting around creeks had a 15hp yammy on went great.
Byron

Patfink
15-10-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.boatsamillion.com/ShowAdvert.asp?AdvertID=9618281

How about one of these...cheap, light and glow in the dark;D

ubar
15-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey thanks guys..yey the tuff tender look great but ill think ill go with the link that patfink gave ..$990 cant go wrong ..wish it didnt glow tho i will be called the ghost who floats....and even at night people will say "theres that fat dude in his glowing boat"...lol Hopefully i will wave a big male mudcrab at them as i putter past....god who am kidding i wont be over taking anyone....

LittleSkipper
16-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey thanks guys..yey the tuff tender look great but ill think ill go with the link that patfink gave ..$990 cant go wrong ..wish it didnt glow tho i will be called the ghost who floats....and even at night people will say "theres that fat dude in his glowing boat"...lol Hopefully i will wave a big male mudcrab at them as i putter past....god who am kidding i wont be over taking anyone....

Only one small problem ubar? The seller on the link Patfink gave you! "Cunninghams Marine" are no longer in business.

finga
16-10-2012, 11:43 AM
There's a poly mob at Yatala. Just don't ask me to remember their name
They make a 2.4m boat
They're next to Uni-Span and their address is 30 Computer Road Yatala.

cormorant
16-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Plastic is heavy so check you can move it around without damage and consider a tinny. Lots about used as tenders and lightweight FG as well.

Patfink
16-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Only one small problem ubar? The seller on the link Patfink gave you! "Cunninghams Marine" are no longer in business.

:-? It might still be worth giving Peter Evans (number in the link) a ring not sure about Cunningham but he rang me 2 days ago about buying a new Yamaha outboard?

LittleSkipper
16-10-2012, 08:55 PM
:-? It might still be worth giving Peter Evans (number in the link) a ring not sure about Cunningham but he rang me 2 days ago about buying a new Yamaha outboard?

Peter Evans used to be a sales rep at Cunninghams Marine! He now works for Brisbane Yamaha at Burpengary. If your still interested in a small plastic tender then try "Australian Marine Centre at Springwood.

ubar
17-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey thanks everyone cheers for the help....i just went brought a decent kayak esky on the back , pots up the front and start losing these 15 klg that ive obtained , cheers guys.

cormorant
17-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Funniest thing I've seen is a mate with a muddy on a kayak. The muddy won and he can still have children but it was a close call and lucky day- need a extra hand. Ya just can't lose concentration for a second. Not as easy as you think if there is any weight in em or you weight them for strong currents but Ok well up the creeks. Can launch at places others can't for easy access- some exercise a flick and then come back to check pots.

ubar
17-10-2012, 10:51 PM
HA HA HA cormorant i went visual and pictured exactly where the muddy was lol. Mate to be honest ive been in Noosa for 3 months and have had pots stolen and raided and im fed up with it...Kayak to go way way up creeks and not here boats roaring around and having gear raided...Found some good spots already and seen some decent bream , catching alot of bream at moment buy missing my poppers as i reckone that is the best fun fishing for anything.