PDA

View Full Version : Re-mapping a 75HP Etec

Leighton
15-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Has anyone had a 75HP Etec re-mapped to 90HP spec.
I spoke to Tivoli Marine today, they said there is no difference between a 2007 75HP Etec and a 90 HP Etec other than engine management.
For around $200 you can effectively turn a 75 in to a 90.

Salad Fingers
15-10-2012, 06:53 PM
would love to see it done for $200. you would have a great little earner there if you could do it.

unfortunately engine manurfacturers don't make it that easy.

cormorant
15-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Are they saying they can do it and what exactly are they going to do.

Been a while since I have played with them but the only people I know who can remap a etec are DFI and they due to EPA rules will only map as per the serial number so won't change a 70 to a 90. If you are talking about "chipping" by putting another chip between sensors and ECU you will have a few issues but it has been done to make lots of HP with older versions but won't meet EPA yadda yadda. You would want to rally trust the chip and I am not aware of if they are done well or will implode your motor.

If the motors are identical in every aspect you could grab a ECU off a wrecked 90 and reprogram in your injectors coeffecients and then you would have your 90hp but you need to buy that ECU. I have assumed that BRP haven't barred the 90hp ECU from accepting 70hp injector serial numbers or something similar so you may have to buy the wrecked 90hp injectors as well. After all that you need to be 100% sure why the wrecked motor you are buying failed otherwise your block will be headed the same way without any warranty.

Interested to hear what you find out and look up the etec forum and bounce it around over there and tell us if there are decent chips avaliable or spare ECU cheap somewhere?