PDA

View Full Version : Mercury blueband gauges?

zac320
15-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Hey guys my '77 savage avenger is in getting the transom replaced, while the 1984 blueband 90 was off I replaced all coil packs and leads and rebuilt fuel pump(motors had a power head and gearbox rebuild so just replacing stuff that wears out so I'll have a trouble free summer), anyway I took the motor off before I took it in and it was a prick to take off! What lets down the boat is the old cracked gauges that don't work. What gauges work with a 84 merc blueband, on the dash is the speedo rev tacho and trim, that's all I want.
Also I'm gonna take the boat and motor to a shop to get motor fitted plus get the carby kits fitted at the same time. Is there anything else I should replace on the motor that's a wearable part?
Thanks

finga
15-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Were the hydraulics leaking?

Steeler
15-10-2012, 05:01 PM
PM sent and hope the info helps.

zac320
15-10-2012, 05:35 PM
No mate hydraulics wernt, cheers steeler.
Btw people I never spent the money on the power head rebuild! It was already done! So I Dnt mind a splashing a bit of cash here and and there to make it 100% reliable for summer

finga
15-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Did they do the cooling jackets?

A useful gauge is a head water pressure gauge.
It's easily done in the tower of power and it makes it really easy to see if the water pressure drops.

Fed
16-10-2012, 07:56 AM
The only concerns I'd have would be the exhaust baffle plate & the bottom crank seal but if the powerhead was 'rebuilt' I'd expect they were done.
It could be worth asking the question.

zac320
16-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I am not in contact with the previous owner anymore. And I can't find the receipt for the rebuild. Even though it was wasn't a detailed summary. I'm more so worried about getting some gauges, are they pretty universal. Steeler sent me link but what type of gauges do I have to get for a blueband. Cheers

Fed
16-10-2012, 08:54 AM
I'd look for second hand ones from the wreckers in good condition, keep it all nice & standard.