PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Vengence Propellor Slight Cavitation - Outcome

J2DAG83
14-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey Gents

I posted a few weeks ago about a slight cavitation type issue with my merc vengence prop on my 175hp optimax...... For those that read the previous thread the outcome was i spent $57 including post to have it sent to yan at propellor repairs australia, in simple terms he added more cupping which by visual terms appears as though they have tigged up the outside tips of each blade and ground in more "cup" to each blade.

End result is on saturday i had none of the previous issues, admitedly it was me, my partner and 2 shar peis as apossed to 3 x 90kg blokes and an esky full of all the required things.... Tiem will tell if its fixed completely but for nowmit appearsthe $60 instead of $800 has done the job...

Full credit to Yan as i told him up front i'd shell out for a better prop and he knocked it back in favour of me letting him play with the vengence.

I'll probably still get a better quality one at some stage but i will be getting from Yan thanks to his honesty.

Cheers

Jared

J2DAG83
14-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Sorry bout the shitty spelling fellas..... Fkn ipad i can't see what i've typed once it gets out of screen to spell check...haha

Cheers

Jared

Moonlighter
15-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Good stuff Jared.

I picked up a second-hand SS Vengeance for my last boat, sent it to the same mob who tidied it up, cupped it, came back looking like new and performed great. You can be confident your problems are solved. More people and weight in boat = prop deeper in water = even less chance of cavitation, slippage etc.

And yes, the bloody iPad spell checker that auto changes words to what it thinks uou meant gives me the craps, too!

Cheers

ML