PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Monthly Magazines

barra71
09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
FRESHWATER FISHING “GUTTED” BY LNP GOVERNMENT
“It is quite clear that the LNP Government has no affinity, recognition or understanding of the significant role that freshwater fishing plays in the lives of many Queenslanders” Mr Robin Caddy said today. Mr Caddy is President of the Freshwater Fishing and Stocking Associa...tion of Queensland (FFSAQ). FFSAQ is the peak body organization representing freshwater fishers.
The statement came after the LNP Government announced details of budget savings that have impacted on operational procedures of Fisheries Queensland.
Mr Caddy said “ Fisheries Queensland has advised that 60 staff positions will disappear, and its focus from now on will only be on core legislative, policy and compliance. The entire industry development program that included recreational and commercial fishing and aquaculture will cease to exist. To be precise, freshwater fishing has been completely gutted by the LNP Government.
Mr Les Kowitz, Executive Officer of FFSAQ explains that because of these budget slashings, local community and voluntary fish stocking groups that relied on a contribution from Fisheries Queensland to enhance their local fishery have now been left out to dry by the LNP. The very survival of these groups must now be in jeopardy.
Activities no longer resourced by Fisheries Queensland include:
The Recreational Fishing Enhancement Program (RFEP) will cease to exist, which means that fingerling grants will no longer be available to stocking groups
There will be no further freshwater fish stocking workshops
The position of Manager for Recreational Fisheries no longer exists
As there are no Fisheries Extension Officers remaining, service delivery and assistance to stocking groups has ceased
The Fishcare Volunteer Program has ceased,
Fishway and waterway barrier works teams have been made redundant,
The Habitat Assessment and Monitoring team no longer exist
“What this means is that there will be virtually no avenue within Fisheries Queensland to assist community fish stocking groups with routine operations to maintain basic service delivery, and certainly nothing for future enhancement” Mr Kowitz said.
Fisheries Queensland has advised that the Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme (SIPS) will continue to operate as per current arrangements.
Mr Caddy said “That this decimation of assistance to the freshwater sector was clearly a kick in the guts for regional communities. These voluntary organizations have worked tirelessly over the years to enhance their local fisheries and thereby improve their lifestyle and social values while at the same time adding to the local economy of their area. To be now treated in this manner is deplorable”.

cqfreshie
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Well ... voters were warned. Can Do will do as he wishes. Who ever thought this guy was the best thing for Queensland were deluding themselves.

SWANO1
11-10-2012, 08:13 AM
so you would rather live in a fantasy world racking up year after year of unpayable debt, where if unemployment went up we could just create more fictitious positions, why do you think 10 years ago it was the cheapest state to live in and now the dearest???? i'm not happy with whats happened RE cut backs but to make an omelette you have to break a lot of eggs. My business has suffered and will suffer a fair bit more in the future i would say as a direct impact of the carbon tax , i know this is straying into a federal area , but take a few steps back and look at the whole picture.
cheers swano

Gazza
11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Mate , shutting down a frontline service like FW fish stockings will do nothing to make your business more viable.

SWANO1
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Gazza, your premier now, why don't you save the freshwater stocking and say ,,,,,, make more cuts to the health service and ,,,, yeah sack half the firebigade!!. would that be a better outcome?? READ the last line of my earlier post.
cheers swano

SunnyCoastMark
11-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Not sure what the post has to do with the title "FISHING MONTHLY MAGAZINES"??

Anyway, our government bodies have been overstaffed and there will be further knee jerk reactions via the shedding of jobs. Come another few months and they will probably start employing staff again when they realise they have gone from one extreme to another.

Unfortunately that is the norm for most governments............

Mark

barra71
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Not sure what the post has to do with the title "FISHING MONTHLY MAGAZINES"??

Anyway, our government bodies have been overstaffed and there will be further knee jerk reactions via the shedding of jobs. Come another few months and they will probably start employing staff again when they realise they have gone from one extreme to another.

Unfortunately that is the norm for most governments............

Mark
Not sure what the post has to do with the title "FISHING MONTHLY MAGAZINES"?? This was from there site were i got it from. i tryed to change it but wouldnt let me for some reason.. i dont know who put the angry face on the post as i didnt do that part...

SunnyCoastMark
12-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Not sure what the post has to do with the title "FISHING MONTHLY MAGAZINES"?? This was from there site were i got it from. i tryed to change it but wouldnt let me for some reason.. i dont know who put the angry face on the post as i didnt do that part...

Ahhhh - OK - I couldn't see where you had said that your post was an article from a magazine................ I thought that you were angry at them (QFM?) and couldn't work out why?.

Thanks for clearing that up. - I'll sleep much better now ;)