PDA

View Full Version : Battery Cables

dadstinny
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Hi all, need to replace my battery cables and was wondering if any one had any recommendations in Sydney?

Looked at whitworths / bias but they seem to only have 1.2 metres made up and need about 1.6 and preferably something that's not going to deflate the wallet ;D?

deckie
05-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Whitworths DO sell any length u want or another is Aquavolt up my neck of the woods in Syd. Have always had great service and advice, check his website coz pretty sure he delivers and he's a gun leccie. OR just go to the shop to pick up.

Ask for tinned marine 2 B&s or about 32sqmm cable is fairly standard to slightly overs. Dont get lost in the wire/cable nomenclature...leccies like to confuse the shit out of everyone by having 10 terms for the same bloody thing.

Unless u have a proper swaging tool, measure the lengths reasonably accurate, order both cables and ask for the lugs done. Alternatively slip a few $ to your local auto/marine leccie to do them.

dadstinny
06-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Cheers for that looks like a trip to aquavolt is in order....

Looks to be about $50 per 2m cable!

Whitworths / Bias only sells the cable in pre made cuts from what i can tell in 1.2 metre max lengths.

Ill give them a bell before I go over to aquavolt and confirm.....

juggernaut
06-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Whitworths online is showing 183cm leads, amongst other sizes.