PDA

View Full Version : How long?

kingtin
03-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Do you persevere with one lure?

Having caught 3 bass on a particular lure during a previous session, I opted to stick with this one last trip out. I trolled for nigh on 4 hrs without a touch, changing lures every half hour on my other rod. I guess it was just one of those days as nobody else had any luck either that day. The only fish I caught was when I chucked a soft unweighted Z Man at some lily plads and got smashed first cast.............just my luck as it was time to head off.

So do you tend to stick with a proven lure when fishing is tough, or do you change lures if not getting any hits? Also, how can you guage what depth a spinnerbait is travelling at? I tried a lighly weighted beetlespin 1/16th oz and placcy on the troll but kept hitting bottom at 10ft. I thought it would travel higher than that at around 3 knotts

cheers

kev

BobbyJ123
04-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Always take a dozen, or so lures, softies and hard bodies. But I only fish for barra and the odd sooty. Might be trolling, so 1 lure up, say a 12+, another going back, might be a 20+. Casting around the weed beds, might use an 8+ on the edges, or a scumfrog over the weeds.
Always changing lures to suit the type of water.

Feral
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Not long, 10, maybe 15 minutes tops. Will keep a lure on for a while once it catches a fish.

TheSaint
09-10-2012, 03:10 PM
It all about 'Cracking the pattern' so you need to change your speed & lure to find what they want every time you fish...

killitfillit
09-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Some times i will fish a lure all day if i'm confident it is the right one.
That one fish that you pull on it may make a big difference.When times are tough that's when you find out how good that lure is.
If the fish are on and you aren't getting any on old faithful then it may be time for a change.

Bronson
11-10-2012, 11:46 AM
mostly ill stick with casting the one lure that I've got faith in. But if the fish don't show any interest in that lure within 15-20 casts ill swap to a different colour in the same lure.And if i still cant seem to budge a fish to bite buy now ill change to a deeper diver.usually if i catch say 5 bass in the one little area on the same lure then they go off the bite switching to another lure or another coulour usually does the trick.

Bron