PDA

View Full Version : jack head skeleton

martib
02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
hey all i caught a nice jack today for fnq standards(46cm and fat),and i want to keep the head skeleton for my son who loves jacks,whats the best way to get the flesh off with out to much drama...if i had meal worms id use them but i dont.;D
let me know your thoughts
cheers marty

wayno60
02-10-2012, 06:21 PM
if you can keep the birds and cats away stick it out in the back yard and let the ants do their job..try and cut away as much of the skin/scales as you can.

Dignity
02-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Set it in a crab pot overnight, then you can give him the head and eat the crabs. Mate of mine tried to throw a marlins head onto a big meat ants nest at the back of his place and it worked a treat until the local foxes decided there was enough meat on the head for them to get a meal, he never saw it again.

samson
02-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Cook head in alfoil in oven and remove flesh and skin and put the jigsaw together

Big_Bass_Fisherman
02-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Put it in a crab pot (or anything to stop the foxes/dogs/cats) and then onto an ants nest.

Heath
03-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Boil it..... then hit it with the hose on high pressure. All the meat will simply fall off

Fuscus
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Heath is right, boil the head until the flesh starts to flake off. Then gently use an old soft toothbrush to clean up the bones. have fun putting them back together. A touch of bleach and plenty of washing will make the bones very white, to stop cockroaches nibbling at any cartiledge left give a light coat of rod epoxy

Fucsus

tunaticer
03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Boiling is the fastest method, but be very careful of the teeth when they come loose, they are easy to lose.
After boiling and getting rid of most flesh then set on a ants nest to remove brains etc.

jmwarner
04-10-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm not 100% sure if this would work but try a water/causticsoda mix. It causes some nice burns so if you get any on you wash it offstraight away. Use water, don't use vinegar!!! I know it sounds silly butpeople have done it in the past. It would be interesting to see if it works onfish but with little ones around it might cause more trouble than good.