PDA

View Full Version : Boat Options - Tinnie sold time to upgrade

keen_angler
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Have just sold the tinnie, now the fun begins, it’s time to upgrade.

So, this is what I have and what I am after so please provide as many options as possible, as most of you know that it is a very big task in picking the right boat, but I just want to make sure that I am looking at all options.

Budget - $35k
Age – up to 4 years old
Size – 5 - 6 meters
2stroke/4stroke – 4 stroke preferred (115hp +, not sure if a 90hp would be enough for this size boat)
Hull construction – fibreglass
Max beam – 2.2m
Usage – family days on Moreton bay, fishing Moreton bay and outside, also able to do solo trips launch/retrieve
Other – needs to be half/cuddy cabin, as have 2 children under 4

Thanks in advance

barra71
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
This one may help in some ways worth a look.. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?187574-Need-new-boat-advise.

Chimo
02-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi K A

Seafarer Victory, ticks your boxes, two good bunks, comfortable and seaworthy. Either the Mk One 5.9m or the Mk Two 6 m length.

The 5.9 is the same hull as the Vermont that has even longer bed and you can run with moderate, lots or extra lots of horses. See Jabba's rig for extra HP.

Cheers
Chimo

PS FRP has a life of 50 plus years in the nuclear industry, four years ..... ?

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12156428

What the heck go for broke!
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=13154382 (Looks like Lindsay Frys last boat?)

ozynorts
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Stop looking here it is.
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=13344283&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=17&eapi=2
I am biased though as I have just bought although got a 2 stroke. If this on had been for sale then I would have been after it for sure.

Spaniard_King
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Some people above have overlooked your specifications so I will ask.

Why max beam of 2.2M this may hinder your options some what

keen_angler
03-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks All for your input.

Spaniard_King, the reason fr a max beam of 2.2m is for storage, it can than with modification to the windscreen fit into the carport.

What are peoples opinions on the price as it looks for the one that ozynorts (thanks) posted http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=13344283&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=17&eapi=2, as this one has really interested me, but seems a bit high in price when you compare a new one to this one which is a 2008 model

LittleSkipper
03-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Negotiate the price with the seller? Nice Boat!

hilta1
03-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi, altough these may be to wide and to dear but when the other guys were mentioning seafarer victory, i will sell mine if someone is interested, just cant be bothered advertising it on boat sales etc and getting tyre kickers haggling etc. heres a photo pm me if anyone interested,

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Hey keen angler, no probs. As littleskipper said haggle the price. It is not too far off the mark IMHO. It may be a little high but the value of anything is what the buyer is prepared to pay. Get it checked out and surveyed and then negotiate the price. If anything pops up on the survey that can be used as a bargaining point. Also remember when you are talking about a new boat price you are talking base boat price. A new boat very rarely ends up costing the advertised price unless you don't want anything that isn't advertised. For example, the seat boxes eskies for that boat are an option as are the camping covers and the ski pole.

Jarrah Jack
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
As others have said KA, don't even think of paying the asking price for boats advertised on boatsales etc. Its a buyers market and you have the cash so throw in a low ball offer and go from there. You can be surprised at what some people will accept to move on from selling a boat.

keen_angler
03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
so what would be the suggestions on an offer to give the seller

Fed
03-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd build a bigger carport.

Jarrah Jack
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
so what would be the suggestions on an offer to give the seller

30k with about 32 in the back of your mind would be fair to me on that asking price. It should still be subject to the boat checking out ok.

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 11:31 AM
agree with jarrah on price.

keen_angler
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone, I will try and go check this one out this week.

If you see anything else, please post it up.

Just one more question, I have been looking on the following sites, are then any others that I should be looking at:
Boatpoint/Boatsales
Trading Post
Ebay
Gumtree

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
That's about it for websites but there are local rags etc that don't always have online stuff.
Also if you can't get to see it for yourself yet try finding someone on here that lives on the coast, smithy is one, and they can maybe have a look for you.

hilta1
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Gee i cant wait till you guys go to sell something, i will be there with bells on throwing prices at you!!!! lol but seriously would any of us bargain and haggle on say our wages? or anthing we go to sell?? Not haveing a go at anyone as i think we are all the same, we want a bargain or we dont want it, It is across the board as i contract to a retail store and the same there, if something is on special the customer still haggles to get the price down!!lol BUT when the shoe is on the other foot very rarely will we drop our wanted prices. just saying, please dont take it personel anyone. Regards Mark

Fed
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm a non haggler if the price is fair but if there's something I like that's over priced I'll try & bring the seller down to earth.
Two boats ago I sent a buyer away in tears because he made an offer to me on a very under priced boat, I refused to sell it to him at any price.

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Gee i cant wait till you guys go to sell something, i will be there with bells on throwing prices at you!!!! lol but seriously would any of us bargain and haggle on say our wages? or anthing we go to sell?? Not haveing a go at anyone as i think we are all the same, we want a bargain or we dont want it, It is across the board as i contract to a retail store and the same there, if something is on special the customer still haggles to get the price down!!lol BUT when the shoe is on the other foot very rarely will we drop our wanted prices. just saying, please dont take it personel anyone. Regards Mark
that's the way of the world. it's why the buyer has the upper foot in a market like this. I had to sell a house at a price lower than I wanted but that is what the market dictated so that was that. no offence taken mate

OZ 640
03-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey Mate,
Not sure if this is suitable, brand spanking new. I think there is a bit of a lead time though as they cant keep up with demand

http://www.##############.com.au/images/boats/baysport/sports_545/Baysport%20545%20Sports_2011.pdf

Hope it helps.
Cheers Dale

Spiderpig
03-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Have u considered an evolution? They have won awards and have great customer service.

cobiaman
03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Have u considered an evolution? They have won awards and have great customer service.

Just ask dicktracey about their service...

ozynorts
10-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey Keen, how did you go? Did you get to check it out?