PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story?

Oh Gee
30-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I have just come back from the annual trip to Fraser Island and are wondering what the story is of the diesel engine (looks like a Gardner) in the surf just north of the Mahino. Did it come from a boat wreck or did someone lose a tourist bus?

finga
30-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Did you try and start it?
A bit of "Start ya bastard" and she may have gone. :D

lucee81
30-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Could be out of fuel if that don't work.

Luc
30-09-2012, 07:12 PM
It's the new eco friendly engine that runs on salt water!!

shy guys
30-09-2012, 07:14 PM
So thats where me engin is thought I lost something back there

lucee81
30-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Can't be your engine I'm sure yours is on the Bruce hwy somewhere. :)

Beatsworkin2
02-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Just got back to my uncle reckons its a land cruiser because anything he sees like must be a Toyota he's got a f truck hoping to hear how he went today caravan and boat in tow hope he got home okay because he thinks his truck is invinsable a little bit of me hopes he got bogged he's got photos of me now snatching me out on the way home with the boat on last time was the other way round got photos now blockhead don't want to listen to any more stories babas or out they come

Zippidy
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Just got back to my uncle reckons its a land cruiser because anything he sees like must be a Toyota he's got a f truck hoping to hear how he went today caravan and boat in tow hope he got home okay because he thinks his truck is invinsable a little bit of me hopes he got bogged he's got photos of me now snatching me out on the way home with the boat on last time was the other way round got photos now blockhead don't want to listen to any more stories babas or out they come

What did you just say?

Axl
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
What did you just say?

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

lucee81
02-10-2012, 05:38 PM
This one time in English beatsworkin2 failed.

Dignity
02-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Windows has a language converter but even though i tried them all it didn't work, the closest I got was:
Şimdi yanında devede kulak kalsa amcam geri a land cruiser gibi görüyor çünkü bir şey olmalıdır'a f forklift Toyota umut gitti nasıl duymak için bugün karavan ve römork tekne elde etti umut ev uygun çünkü düşündüğünü invinsable yaptığı kamyon, biraz umut ediyor beni çıkmaza sahip'in fotoğrafları beni şimdi beni vuruntuları yolu üzerindeki, tekneyle son kez ters fotoğraf var şimdi odun gibi dinlemek istemiyorsanız daha fazla hikaye: Herbalism alternatif veya bunların

lucee81
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Windows has a language converter but even though i tried them all it didn't work, the closest I got was:
Şimdi yanında devede kulak kalsa amcam geri a land cruiser gibi görüyor çünkü bir şey olmalıdır'a f forklift Toyota umut gitti nasıl duymak için bugün karavan ve römork tekne elde etti umut ev uygun çünkü düşündüğünü invinsable yaptığı kamyon, biraz umut ediyor beni çıkmaza sahip'in fotoğrafları beni şimdi beni vuruntuları yolu üzerindeki, tekneyle son kez ters fotoğraf var şimdi odun gibi dinlemek istemiyorsanız daha fazla hikaye: Herbalism alternatif veya bunların

That was easier to understand than what beatsworkin2 wrote.

Axl
03-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I am into my third week working in the middle of Australia starting to get tied and cranky then this thread comes along.

It has given me the best laugh I have had in weeks thanks fella's:LMAO:.

Dignity
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
some Turk will probably get on and post that it is gibberish also

lucee81
03-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I know that what dignity wrote was about a Toyota forklift.
What i don't know is what beatsworkin2 was on about.

PROS
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
some Turk will probably get on and post that it is gibberish also
it is gibberish.

Max The Turk

Chamelion
04-10-2012, 03:44 AM
http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/09/12/sailor-and-his-boat-fall-victim-to-seas/

A DETERMINED skipper unwilling to abandon ship was eventually forced to watch as seas battered his boat into submission off Fraser Island.

Mechanical failure is expected to be blamed for the boat's bitter end and its operator calling for assistance from island police.

The captain, believed to be from outside the region, first alerted authorities he was in trouble and requiring assistance on Monday morning.

Tin Can Bay and Sandy Strait Coast Guard volunteers attended the boat, which was stranded about 200m from shore, and close to where the Maheno famously beached in 1935.

Hervey Bay Water Police Sergeant Paul Bacon said the stricken ship was dangerously positioned and unable to be towed clear by rescuers.

He said the position of the boat - among breaking waves - forced its operator to drop anchor in an attempt to combat swells.

But the move ultimately proved hopeless with the vessel breaking into pieces as holiday-makers watched on.

"He was advised that if his situation deteriorated during the night to activate emergency signals - EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon) or flares - which he did so just before 1am this morning," Sgt Bacon said.

"Essentially the vessel anchor has given way and the vessel has washed ashore where (the skipper) was assisted by Fraser Island Police."

lucee81
04-10-2012, 05:47 AM
http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/story/2012/09/12/sailor-and-his-boat-fall-victim-to-seas/

There is always one that ruins a good story with the truth.
We're fishermen everything's a lie.

Dignity
04-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Wow - you got all of this from beatsworkin2 thread, you are an absolute genius, I will stick to fishing.

Oh Gee
04-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Finaly the truth emerges. I knew it would one day, but had a good laugh at some of the replies. Thanks to all.

G

PS. I did try it Finga, But I think it was flooded...

CT
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
We drove past that morning and it was fairly heart breaking watching some poor sod walking along the beach trying to salvage some of his worldly possessions.