PDA

View Full Version : Carbi Clean

jerson
29-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I have a Tohatsu 30hp 2 stroke motor, I purchased the motor new in 2000. Apart from regular servicing I have done anything about using additives to clean the carbi. The motor runs very well since new. Should I be using additives to the fuel, if so which one, or just leave it alone?

Jerson.

Jarrah Jack
29-09-2012, 07:21 PM
With my 40 tohy I spray carbi cleaner into the intake every now and then and find it works well. It seems to clear things up. I also do the plugs at the same time. Its never needed anything else apart from the impeller and gear box oil every few years.

rowanda
29-09-2012, 08:20 PM
if it's running fine now, why touch it? Mate I'd leave it alone and keep regular servicing up to it
best thing for an outboard is regular use

jerson
30-09-2012, 09:49 AM
if it's running fine now, why touch it? Mate I'd leave it alone and keep regular servicing up to it
best thing for an outboard is regular use

That's what i thought. Sometimes you feel like you should be doing more.
This motor has never let me down in 12 years. Amazing.
Jerson.

rowanda
30-09-2012, 09:53 AM
that's it, if you do regular servicing I wouldn't be doing anything. You could use on of the fuels that has cleaners built in to stop gumming of fuel etc but regular use will do that...good excuse to tell the Mrs you need to use the boat. but after 12 years if she's going strong then enjoy!! Oh and just don't EVER use E10 in your boat...asking for touble