PDA

View Full Version : Alberton Boat Ramp

gunna
28-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I am collecting the boat from Loganholme tomorrow and want to put it in the drink somewhere nearby to water test it. I figured I might as well chuck some plastics around for an hour or so at the same time. Looking at Whereis it seems that the Alberton ramp is a good option. Just wondering if its a good ramp and if the vehicle will be safe there ?? And it appears to be on the south side of the river - that right ??

Cheers for any help.

bf90
29-09-2012, 03:15 AM
yeah mate it is on the south side of the river, and I wold not leave my x mother in laws car there either. I have herd of so many cars getting broken into there hey and yeah mine has been one of them, some nice guys put a brick through me drivers window and took me gps, the bloody car was just 1 week old you will be a lot better off crossing the river to the carbrook ramp, it is a private ramp behind the cable ski park and the caravan park, the down side is $10 to use the ramp but at least ya car and trailer will be safe there. It is a lot easier to get to the cable ski ramp than the alberton ramp from loganholme, if you just want to dunk the boat for a blast there is a ramp in loganholme next to the footy field right next to the logan motorway, I have used it many times and is a good little ramp. Cheers Brad.

Owen
29-09-2012, 06:24 AM
There's a small ramp at skinners park that's free.
Head down Redland Bay rd and turn right onto Skinners rd at the intersection of Redland Bay and Mt Cotton rd

gunna
29-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks guys.

FishHunter
29-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Every time I read the thread title I get a wtf feeling. I used to live in a Alberton except it was about 600km from the coast and on another continent :)