PDA

View Full Version : Landbased in the bayside area

Drussman
24-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey guys. Havent posted for a while. Still trying to crack them at the Goldie. Ive switched back to bait for a while. Been fishing Budds' Beach and getting some small whiting and I even convinced the missus to try as she has never caught a fish in her life. Long story short, she caught her first whiting and loved it and now she is bugging me to take her somewhere she can catch some keepers. We did all right on Sunday. Caught a few just undersize and she caught her first Bream at 23cm.

Well with the road works going on down the coast for the V8's its time to change it up. Was hoping someone who fishes landbased in the Wynnum/Manly area or Viccie Point/Redland Bay area who can get me started. Hoping to catch whiting, bream and flathead.

Thanks guys. Keep the awesome reports coming. I fish vicariously through you guys :)

Captain_Zero
27-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Try the Raby Bay canals (have a look on Google maps for landbased access points/little jetties), Manly rock wall either side of the boat harbour or Lota Creek mouth at low tide (you need to walk across the mud flats so the missus mightn't like that). Usual estuary suspects and a few suprises available in these spots. Tide change at dawn or dusk is best with live/fresh bait.

Cheers

Chris