PDA

View Full Version : Fisheries Queensland, feeling the force !

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys.

I really hope this Government can address the issues it has identified and restore FQ back to a worthwhile and productive department in the near future.

Myself, and many others will be hammering down the doors of every LNP member of Parliament we can to let them know that what has occured to the department, is not sustainable and needs to be fixed, asap.

Further, I will need to clarify if the RUF attached to vessel registration is to continue to be used for rec fishoes infrastructure etc and NOT plonked into " general Revenue ".

I know the last Government left this State broke and I hope the current one can sort it without too much hurt, but it appears they may be going too hard, too soon. I know their intentions are good and policy is designed to improve the State , budgetary wise.

I'll get more info posted as soon as I can. If you a FQ staffer and reading this, as I know a lot of you do, and you have been........ let go, thanks for your time and effort in the job and hope to see you back helping rec fishos of Queensland in the not to distant future.

Cheers Phill

Dear Fisheries Stakeholder

You will be aware that the State Budget released on 11 September 2012 outlined budget savings of $31.7 million for the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, and a workforce reduction of 496 positions, which includes vacant positions.

Fisheries Queensland's contribution to the budget savings was $4.3 million this year. As a result, our workforce will reduce by around 60 positions. This will mean that Fisheries Queensland will have a workforce of 190 people by the end of June 2013.

Given these budget savings, we are re-focusing our remaining resources on our core legislative, policy and compliance roles to deliver on the priorities of the Government.

The activities that contribute to the savings include:

· ceasing the Fisheries Observer Program
· ceasing the Industry Development program for commercial and recreational fishing, and aquaculture
· ceasing the Fishcare Volunteer Program
· ceasing operational activity for waterway barrier works construction
· scaling back the freshwater fishing program - focus of activity will be on Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme, freshwater stocking policy, native fish scientific expertise and pest and noxious fish
· re-structure of the Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol to build capacity and expertise in priority regional locations
· not providing funding for the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (a decision for this year only, with review in future years)
· the Marine Ecology Group (seagrass monitoring) transitioning across to James Cook University
· rationalisation of Brisbane-based senior management and support services.

The next few months will see us transitioning from these activities, and by the end of the year the staff who provided these services will be gone. We will be working with all stakeholders over the next few months as this transition occurs.

The reduction in staff numbers has required a new structure to be adopted. Broadly there will be two groups.

· Group 1 - focus on management, assessment and review of fisheries and fisheries habitats
· Group 2 - maintaining the operational aspects of our work including compliance, education, data collection, licensing and assessments of development approvals.

Fisheries Queensland can no longer sustain the previous management structure which had individual managers for each activity area, or fishery. Leadership roles in Fisheries Queensland until the end of 2012 will be:

- myself as Managing Director

- Andrew Thwaites, A/Executive Director, Policy and Strategy (Group 1 lead)

- Bea Duffield, Executive Director, Monitoring and Operations (Group 2 lead)

- Mark Doohan, Director, Policy and Strategy

- Ian Fricke, A/Director, Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol

- Nikki Moore, Regional Manager (South)

- Mal Pearce, Regional Manager (North)

I know many of you will be keen to work with the new team looking after management, assessment and review of fisheries (formerly known as Harvest Management). Mark Doohan will lead the team for the next few months to ensure that the Government's goals of delivering the netting buyback and completing the reviews of the trawl, crab and freshwater fisheries occurs in a timely manner.

I look forward to continuing to work with you all over the coming months.

Regards

Maria

Maria Mohr

Managing Director, Fisheries Queensland

Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry

Level 2, 80 Ann Street

Brisbane Q 4000

Telephone: 07 3224 2268

Mobile: 0423 821 006

Email: Maria.Mohr@daff.qld.gov.au

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2012, 06:20 AM
There is Maria's email and contact details at the bottom of the post.

You guys know what to do, go hard !!

LP

Qlder1
24-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Phil for that. Do you know where to access info on boat/trailer regos and how much is raised , where it goes etc??

thks, Brad.

Gazza
24-09-2012, 01:39 PM
FW stockings is a concern.....maybe :-? , I suppose 'trending' fingerling releases can be easily documented 8-)
Less Fisheries on-the-beat with SW , doesn't concern me at all.
We just have to be a little less PARANOID at the ramp ....thinking everybody else is taking undersize and exceeding limits ,and of course selling fish ,direct to the Public ::)

jmo
1 line ,1 hook in Green Zones scenario...should be accelerated asap

Further, I will need to clarify if the RUF attached to vessel registration is to continue to be used for rec fishoes infrastructure etc and NOT plonked into " general Revenue ".
Yep ,that IS important >:(

Mike Delisser
24-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Some of the fisheries programs wound up this week to save money are fully funded out of the PPV component of boat regos :o:o:o WTF

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Mike, I have sent Maria an email asking about this and other issues regarding the RUF ( old PPV ).

Hope to hear back soon.

If it is true in that programs fully supported by the RUF are being shut down and those funds used, are heading to general revenue, then that is not acceptable.

LP

Mike Delisser
24-09-2012, 05:36 PM
It's true baby.

Here's an excerpt from Les Kowitz's letter to the Minister. Les is the excutive officer of the FFSAQ and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me postiong this here. Guys like Les who have volunteered countless hours of their time to make Qld's freshwater fishing what it is today must feel gutted with these cuts.

FFSAQ has now been advised that the Recreational Fishing Enhancement Program (RFEP) will no longer exist, and as such, funding contributions to fish stocking groups will cease. Funding of the RFEP was derived from the special fee levied on boat registrations (PPV / RUF). Currently this charge is levied at $18 per vessel. As FFSAQ is not aware that this levy is to be discontinued, why is it that the RFEP is no longer being funded by this source of revenue.

This also prompts the following questions:

· Does the PPV/RUF levy still apply to all boat registrations
· If so, how much revenue is now being received from this source
· Who is administrating this funding, and where is it now being allocated
· As this funding is derived from a specific sector of the community, why has not this sector been consulted if the allocation formula and process has been changed.

Minister, it is now incumbent on you to clearly and specifically respond to the above queries. The freshwater fishing sector is most concerned of the manner and direction that the LNP Government is taking this significant recreational activity.

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks Mike, let's hope Les gets an answer soon.

Yes, I have met Les and he is a fresh water legend for his tireless work in this area.

LP

Qlder1
25-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Approx. 250000 boats registered in Qld, paying $18 RUF equates to 4.5 million dollars collected per year.

As our std boat and trailer rego fees should more than cover the maintanence of boat facilities, such as ramps etc, the govt seems to have effectively given us a RFL by stealth....>:(>:(

Lucky_Phill
25-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Fishcare are wound up, but still this on the Fisheries website.

http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_8187.htm

Mike Delisser
25-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Fishcare are wound up, but still this on the Fisheries website.

http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_8187.htm

There's loose ends everywhere Phill, they can't keep up with the changes, or maybe half the guys who look after their websites have been let go.

WalrusLike
26-09-2012, 07:13 AM
This kind of chaos is what happens when you apply simplistic rules like 'cut XX%'.

Heavy handed, sudden direction changes are bad in a car or a boat or a government.

Remember the landslide? So there isn't anywhere near the concern in pollies minds about public perception as there normally would be.

The fishing will go downhill and the fishing groups will have less clout. It always happens after a landslide unless your group is part of the inner circle.

And it appears that fishos and boaties are not.

nigelr
26-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Sunfish funding gone also?

FordGT
27-09-2012, 07:02 PM
We all need to do our bit to hold them accountable, and ensure the special funding money is either spent where it was promised, or taken off our boat / trailer rego.

Matthew

Luc
28-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Fisheries contribution to savings $4.3 M, PPV/RUF $4.6 M.

Sudden decision that the PPV/RUF is now rec fishing's contribution to fisheries management (or is that MISmanagement).
Reason, apparently it is not enshrined in the legislation that this money must be used to enhance rec fishing.

Horse
29-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I saw the writing was on the wall the moment Can'Do rolled Fisheries up into the new Department of Aqriculture, Fisheries and Forrestry. It has a definite primary industries focus with recreational fish

From the departments website
"Our business

Queensland's agriculture industries provide more than $13 billion to the Australian economy annually and encompass the full range of production activities in the food, fibre, lifestyle, forestry and fisheries sectors.
Our strategic plan (http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/documents/Corporate/DAFF-strategic-plan-2012-16.pdf) envisages ´agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries generating economic prosperity for Queensland communities´.
Our mission is to maximise the economic potential for Queensland's industries on a sustainable basis.
We deliver this through four major outputs:

industry development
biosecurity
forestry
fisheries.

Profitable primary industries create jobs, expand Queensland's export markets and support economic growth."

I believe that Fisheries were still underfunded under the Bligh regime and now they have been gutted. This change in focus would be the reason Mark did not get a start as Fisheries Minister. He would have been focused on the recreational fishery rather than the primary industry view currently held by the new body

charleville
29-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes, I see what all of you blokes are saying ..... recreational fishers were better off under the Labor government; State Government employees were also better off under the Labor government; Clive Palmer was better off under a Labor government; as was ..... etc, etc etc.

;D;D;D

NAGG
29-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Mark did his job well when it came to selling the LNP to the Ausfish community ........ I bet there a more than a few members that feel that they have been royally rogered !

Are there really fishoes that support this regime ? ....... for all of the bitching about Blighs fishing policy - what have we ended up with ...... Firstly no better & now decidedly worst >:( A great outcome for Qld fishoes

Chris

Mike Delisser
29-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Mark did his job well when it came to selling the LNP to the Ausfish community ........ I bet there a more than a few members that feel that they have been royally rogered !

Chris

He had a couple of accumplices.

I seem to remember before the election I suggested a Qld Gov with the Katter Party holding the balance of power would be good for Qld rec anglers, naturally this was scoffed at by MP Mark, Larry and Curly and we were informed only an LNP Government would look after Qld rec anglers.

NAGG
29-09-2012, 06:39 PM
He had a couple of accumplices.

I seem to remember before the election I suggested a Qld Gov with the Katter Party holding the balance of power would be good for Qld rec anglers, naturally this was scoffed at by MP Mark, Larry and Curly and we were informed only an LNP Government would look after Qld rec anglers.

We remember ...... & clearly why one has kept in his hole
I'd love nothing more than these blokes to come on here a try to squirm their way out of it -

Chris

Horse
29-09-2012, 07:07 PM
We remember ...... & clearly why one has kept in his hole
I'd love nothing more than these blokes to come on here a try to squirm their way out of it -

Chris
I don't think we should be pointing the finger at AF members. I reckon most LNP supporters were conned. I voted for them but I'm not happy with just about everything they have done so far. Hopefully Cant Do changes tune soon and starts to build and service Queenslanders

NAGG
29-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't think we should be pointing the finger at AF members. I reckon most LNP supporters were conned. I voted for them but I'm not happy with just about everything they have done so far. Hopefully Cant Do changes tune soon and starts to build and service Queenslanders

Sorry .. when it is fine to come on here and beat all and sundry around their heads about just how good it will be is one thing ....... now they have to stand up & explain to all & sundry just what has happened .
It's more than a case of standing by your convictions either ....... because it has been a con !

Chris

ifishcq1
29-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Yesterday I was at a meeting with Bill Sawynok after a phone call from Kim martin and they both told me that the assistance for the tagging program has pretty much been withdrawn
it only shows to me how ignorant the State Gov is when Infofish has the biggest tagged fish data base in the world and more data on fish movement than anything in existence
a small portion of our boat rego fees went towards fish tagging and sustainable fishing as promised so where will our rego money go now?
it doesn't seem to matter which party is in power, they all have no idea of the value recreational fishing has in the economy and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public

WalrusLike
29-09-2012, 10:35 PM
.....and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public

Good point. It's all well and good looking at economic numbers but there should be great value placed on something that is so important to so many people.

Pollies wake up and actually serve the interests of your constituents.

finga
30-09-2012, 08:05 AM
a small portion of our boat rego fees went towards fish tagging and sustainable fishing as promised so where will our rego money go now?
it doesn't seem to matter which party is in power, they all have no idea of the value recreational fishing has in the economy and for that matter the quality of life of the general voting public
I wonder if they know that the money we contribute through items such as the SIP licenses and PUV fee are meant for specific uses and not general revenue??
Do I renew my SIP?

grumpy santa
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Running up to the last election the LNP wanted our vote and Labor needed our vote.

At the next election, the LNP might need our vote to stay in government.

Just watch them crawl over broken glass to give us anything we ask for to get our vote.

We fish and we vote but the trouble is neither party is worth our vote.

WalrusLike
01-10-2012, 08:01 AM
.....Just watch them crawl over broken glass to give us anything we ask for to get our vote.....

Sorry Santa I must disagree. They won't crawl over broken glass and they won't deliver anything they say.

They might say they will crawl over broken glass.... But once they're in, they will do what they all do..... take the path of least resistance.

bluefin59
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Mark and his cronies never offered ANYTHING to start with and lied as to what they would LIKE to see so as to have us believe they where going to offer us something that may benefit rec fishers ,but how can you offer something when you have no control over it . I would suggest they(mark &timmi) where conned as much as we all have been even though they should have known better. Cambell Newman is a dud of the greatest proportions he is a lier and a criminal with what he is doing to us and as I said elsewhere don't get sick or expect immediate help in our hospital system as he is destroying that as well by closing parts of wards and cutting back on staff . A big thanks to backbench seat warmer Mark ( I will look after you) Robinson 👹👹and his easily lead mate Timmi Boy 👺👺👺a great example to us all thanks ...Matt

Steeler
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Sorry .. when it is fine to come on here and beat all and sundry around their heads about just how good it will be is one thing ....... now they have to stand up & explain to all & sundry just what has happened .
It's more than a case of standing by your convictions either ....... because it has been a con !

Chris

Don't forget the odd profanity thrown in for good measure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

PinHead
01-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I give up..not even interested any more. Have been blatantly lied to on this site about LNP rec fishing policies on numerous occassions. It would not matter one iota what was said, emailed or sent to this LNP Govt..they don't give a rats. All about CanDo destroying everything to save some bucks. MP's blatant lies and their followers blindly repeating them. Nepotism etc is rank in the PS...and on and on it goes. LNP, ALP..what difference does it make? The average punter does not get a fair go and never will..governed by autocrats with their own agendas and nothing else.

To all pollies..all a waste of space...liars and cheats..nothing more and nothing less.

Luc
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Couldn't be bothered to send a representative to the Rec fishing conference and pulled out of the Sunfish AGM.

All other states view Qld fisheries as the "cot case" of fishing in Australia and probably now see Qld as the nut case.

Rec fishing is estimated to be worth at least $billion to the Qld economy. What government would be stupid enough to ignore and mismanage such an industry.

I'm sure they'll be back at the next election with another load of promises.

Hambone
16-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Actually there were five representatives from FQ at the Rec fishing conference....and FQ wasn't invited to the Sunfish AGM this year or last year....

Couldn't be bothered to send a representative to the Rec fishing conference and pulled out of the Sunfish AGM.

All other states view Qld fisheries as the "cot case" of fishing in Australia and probably now see Qld as the nut case.

Rec fishing is estimated to be worth at least $billion to the Qld economy. What government would be stupid enough to ignore and mismanage such an industry.

I'm sure they'll be back at the next election with another load of promises.

FordGT
17-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Has anyone received any replies regarding the "reallocated funding"?

Also, does that mean the SIP permit will be cheaper as they are "scaling it back"?

As usual, less bang for your buck continues...

Lucky_Phill
17-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I do believe and will confirm soon, that the RUF will not be touched. ( re-directed )

I also believe that Sunfish's funding is not totalling withdrawn and that only the administration funds ( about 1/3rd ) is being re-directed.

I will have further info soon.

LP

Lucky_Phill
17-10-2012, 03:08 PM
I have been mulling over this thread for a while.

I am trying to remain silent, but need to know something. :-?

There have been a few that have posted here and stated that certain MP's, LNP and AF members lied to us.

Just wondering if you can factually and unequivocally state ( by referencing ) the lies........ what these lies were ?

NO ............... heard this, thought that, etc.......... please state ( copy and paste would be ideal ) the lies.

I can say without a doubt, that I have been let down, at best. Knowing full well what was said in the lead up to the election and what was heresay. I also know that many here have misrepresented the truth in what was said and or did not understand what was said / promised.

To date, I personally know of no lies ( regarding our interests, Rec Fishing ) coming from the LNP.

I would also suggest that those of you who stated that the LNP lied, and cannot produce the facts to back that up, stick to what you know best. :-X

It is really bad form to post away and create confusion or fear, all based on perception or interpretation and not facts.

I look forward to your responses.

cheers LP

Gazza
18-10-2012, 02:36 PM
AF members lied to usQ. Phillip/Mark-MP-Fisho/toothfairy?? "did you state/post a LNP RecFishing policy".....would be released before the actual Election date. ??

p.s. toothfairy I FORGIVE YOU as we know your not real :-*

charleville
18-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I am trying to remain silent, but need to know something. :-?

There have been a few that have posted here and stated that certain MP's, LNP and AF members lied to us.

Just wondering if you can factually and unequivocally state ( by referencing ) the lies........ what these lies were ?

I have no doubt that you would be wanting to remain silent, LP, given your active campaigning in these forums before the election.

In fact, I would reckon that all card carrying LNP members would be hanging their heads in shame now.

The concern is that more is likely to come. I declare that I am a swinging voter who looks for a good reason to change a government rather than silly Holden versus Ford type partisan politics, of which we saw a deluge before the election.

Shame! Shame! Shame! to you brainless partisan twits.

The thing that got me most was indeed the extremist misogyny displayed in these forums. . In my view, a lot of the problems that Bligh had to deal with came from the policies of Beattie as premier and Mackenroth as treasurer. So the vile abuse that was thrown at Bligh still amazes me. Likewise, that spelling of "Julia" with an "r" on the end that certain ill-mannered people and indeed, even, the odd moderator, who should know better, has chosen to practise. Clearly, the LNP party machine told their drones to barrage social media with abuse and that is what the mindless idiots did and by so doing sucked in a lot of support that might not have been there if rational debate was not pushed aside by puerile school yard chants and name calling.

Well, as we have learnt over time, the guys on this website and elsewhere who display the greatest misogyny seem to have the disease of the brown bottle or, alternatively, have had serious relationship problems with women that end up in the courts in one form or another, or both.

Of course, such boorish behaviour originates at the top. If an organisation endorses the leadership of a bullying, misogynist, lying leader, then by his example, it must be ok for the partisans to follow his leadership and practise the same.

Take Tony Abbott. (Yes - please do!) A proven liar over and over again and very unworthy of the position that all partisan LNP people have given him.

He has been humiliated by Julia Gillard over his attitudes to women in her 15 minute speech in the parliament last week. So humiliated that the images shot around the world. What chance would he ever have at establishing a position of respect with world leaders, especially ones who really count like Angela Merkel?

It only took nine minutes of one solitary angry woman's tirade to reduce this cocky narcissist into a miserable wreck of humiliation and self doubt. Nine minutes!

Look at the images from the TV coverage of that speech below. Shades of Dubbya when he was told of the 9/11 bombings.

How could anyone believe in this bloke's capability to lead Australia in tough circumstances without his strong willed wife's petticoat to hang on to?

https://img.skitch.com/20121018-t2rjcc9esufh88r3k47smdk525.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2xat/untitled-22)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2xat/untitled-22) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

Worse, of course, is that the man is a self confessed and ongoing liar of the first order.

Self Confessed? Well a certain ABC TV interview delivered the truth of that to us but there have since been multiple times when Abbott has been caught out as being a liar, leading to this recent statement by Laurie Oakes in the News Ltd. media. Should we be waiting for a slander lawsuit by Abbott against Oakes and the News Ltd. media? I doubt it. The guy lies over and over and over again it seems.

https://img.skitch.com/20121018-re651wdwejk6ujy1fik6h6rw67.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2x3g/tony-abbott-has-a-credibility-issue-herald-sun)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2x3g/tony-abbott-has-a-credibility-issue-herald-sun) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

So what we know with undeniable accuracy, is that Abbott looked like a scalded, mongrel dog after being lambasted by just a lone, angry woman. We also know by his own admission that he is an inveterate liar.

Therefore, in keeping with the spirit and tone of the quality of anti-Bligh and anti-Gillard posts which have been approved for publication within these forums by the moderators, we shall now all be OK to refer to the Liberal leader as that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott.

So, having established that the LNP endorses leadership with the character of a lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, it follows that those sort of values should be expected within the LNP ranks, especially lying.

Were lies told to electors by the LNP before the election? By definition they would have had to have been. Here is one post that suggests same.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?183284-For-those-interested.&highlight=tackle+tinnie+show+campbell+newman

Apparently Campbell Newman announced after stealing seminar time at the Tackle and Tinnie show that an LNP government would be "fishing friendly."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who would trust anyone who supports and promotes the LNP after seeing their track performance? Only a partisan.

Steeler
18-10-2012, 07:07 PM
One of your best Charleville. Of course porkies were told before the election for heavens sake.

As for the that that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott. well where do you start. God knows how many times he has changed his mind on policy over the last decade. I can recall about 5 yrs ago he gave a verbal spray to Roxin, shock horror when he realised the microphones picked it up.

Be very surprised if that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott gets the chance to contest the next fed election as leader of the opposition. Christ he didn't even have the hoggies to put it all on the table in Indonesia recently.

Mike Delisser
18-10-2012, 08:40 PM

To date, I personally know of no lies ( regarding our interests, Rec Fishing ) coming from the LNP.

cheers LP

Are you serious Phill. I recon a few Ausfishers didn't appreciate being strung along with these little gems referring to the release of the LNP's rec fishing policy.

MP Mark 6/7/11
"As I said, very soon some broad strategic directions on fishing and fisheries management (those we have been espousing to date) will be made public, with more detail and announcements when Anna Bligh announces the election."

MP Mark 3/7/11
"The LNP will release some policy directions soon and more details when the election is called."

MP Mark 23/6/11
"But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

MP Mark 28/11/11
"We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called."

MP Mark 18/6/11
"We are still in our consultation process and will announce policies as we get closer to the election.
Mark"

MP Mark 24/7/11
"I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that."

Red Land Times 28 Nov 2011
Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election

Fo me personally I found it a disgrace for an elected MP to come on to a fishing website and post this which IMO is an attempt to mislead. Anyone who knows anything at all about Newman would laugh at this statement.
MP Mark 20/4/11
"To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing."

Lucky_Phill
18-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I have no doubt that you would be wanting to remain silent, LP, given your active campaigning in these forums before the election.

In fact, I would reckon that all card carrying LNP members would be hanging their heads in shame now.

The concern is that more is likely to come. I declare that I am a swinging voter who looks for a good reason to change a government rather than silly Holden versus Ford type partisan politics, of which we saw a deluge before the election.

The thing that got me most was indeed the extremist misogyny displayed in these forums. . In my view, a lot of the problems that Bligh had to deal with came from the policies of Beattie as premier and Mackenroth as treasurer. So the vile abuse that was thrown at Bligh still amazes me. Likewise, that spelling of "Julia" with an "r" on the end that certain ill-mannered people and indeed, even, the odd moderator, who should know better, has chosen to practise. Clearly, the LNP party machine told their drones to barrage social media with abuse and that is what the mindless idiots did and by so doing sucked in a lot of support that might not have been there if rational debate was not pushed aside by puerile school yard chants and name calling.

Well, as we have learnt over time, the guys on this website and elsewhere who display the greatest misogyny seem to have the disease of the brown bottle or, alternatively, have had serious relationship problems with women that end up in the courts in one form or another, or both.

Of course, such boorish behaviour originates at the top. If an organisation endorses the leadership of a bullying, misogynist, lying leader, then by his example, it must be ok for the partisans to follow his leadership and practise the same.

Take Tony Abbott. (Yes - please do!) A proven liar over and over again and very unworthy of the position that all partisan LNP people have given him.

He has been humiliated by Julia Gillard over his attitudes to women in her 15 minute speech in the parliament last week. So humiliated that the images shot around the world. What chance would he ever have at establishing a position of respect with world leaders, especially ones who really count like Angela Merkel?

It only took nine minutes of one solitary angry woman's tirade to reduce this cocky narcissist into a miserable wreck of humiliation and self doubt. Nine minutes!

Look at the images from the TV coverage of that speech below. Shades of Dubbya when he was told of the 9/11 bombings.

How could anyone believe in this bloke's capability to lead Australia in tough circumstances without his strong willed wife's petticoat to hang on to?

https://img.skitch.com/20121018-t2rjcc9esufh88r3k47smdk525.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2xat/untitled-22)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2xat/untitled-22) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

Worse, of course, is that the man is a self confessed and ongoing liar of the first order.

Self Confessed? Well a certain ABC TV interview delivered the truth of that to us but there have since been multiple times when Abbott has been caught out as being a liar, leading to this recent statement by Laurie Oakes in the News Ltd. media. Should we be waiting for a slander lawsuit by Abbott against Oakes and the News Ltd. media? I doubt it. The guy lies over and over and over again it seems.

https://img.skitch.com/20121018-re651wdwejk6ujy1fik6h6rw67.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2x3g/tony-abbott-has-a-credibility-issue-herald-sun)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/e2x3g/tony-abbott-has-a-credibility-issue-herald-sun) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

So what we know with undeniable accuracy, is that Abbott looked like a scalded, mongrel dog after being lambasted by just a lone, angry woman. We also know by his own admission that he is an inveterate liar.

Therefore, in keeping with the spirit and tone of the quality of anti-Bligh and anti-Gillard posts which have been approved for publication within these forums by the moderators, we shall now all be OK to refer to the Liberal leader as that lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, Abbott.

So, having established that the LNP endorses leadership with the character of a lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog, it follows that those sort of values should be expected within the LNP ranks, especially lying.

Were lies told to electors by the LNP before the election? By definition they would have had to have been. Here is one post that suggests same.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?183284-For-those-interested.&highlight=tackle+tinnie+show+campbell+newman

Apparently Campbell Newman announced after stealing seminar time at the Tackle and Tinnie show that an LNP government would be "fishing friendly."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Who would trust anyone who supports and promotes the LNP after seeing their track performance? Only a partisan.

One of your best Charlie. thanks for . nothing !!!!

LP

Lucky_Phill
18-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Are you serious Phill. I recon a few Ausfishers didn't appreciate being strung along with these little gems referring to the release of the LNP's rec fishing policy.

MP Mark 6/7/11
"As I said, very soon some broad strategic directions on fishing and fisheries management (those we have been espousing to date) will be made public, with more detail and announcements when Anna Bligh announces the election."

MP Mark 3/7/11
"The LNP will release some policy directions soon and more details when the election is called."

MP Mark 23/6/11
"But we will release policies prior to the election - policies that will make it clear where we are going in producing a sustainable future for our state's fisheries while protecting the right to fish."

MP Mark 28/11/11
"We will release policies once they are complete and when the election is called."

MP Mark 18/6/11
"We are still in our consultation process and will announce policies as we get closer to the election.
Mark"

MP Mark 24/7/11
"I would like nothing more than to have an election soon and to put out fishing policies in detail. But the Premier controls the timing of that."

Red Land Times 28 Nov 2011
Mr Robinson said his party would release details of its fisheries plan as soon as Premier Anna Bligh announced the state election

Fo me personally I found it a disgrace for an elected MP to come on to a fishing website and post this which IMO is an attempt to mislead. Anyone who knows anything at all about Newman would laugh at this statement.
MP Mark 20/4/11

Thanks Mike for........... ummmm

Pointing out what one person stated, which btw you haven't qualified as lies, but still no reponse as to the LNP lies....

LP

Lucky_Phill
18-10-2012, 09:44 PM

re-read it Charlie........ thanks for answering my question in response to the rec fishing " lies " issue. :-?

BTW, what ever you smokin, ya better share it around, it's G O O D stuff !!!

LP

Lucky_Phill
18-10-2012, 09:55 PM
So after all this hoo haa, all we can come up with is that ONE rec fishing MP provided the fishing public with what he wanted to do on, near and about election time.

That did not happen the way he wanted it.

Was this a lie ? That is probably open to interpretation, but clearly and understood by those that are inteligent enough to understand, what an MP says he hopes or would like to happen, but is not adopted ( AS YET ) by the party is no more than set back and a misunderstanding.

If the best and ONLY issue you can come with is that the LNP did not release a Rec Fishing Policy before the election, as promised, ( not by the party, I will add ) then I'll take that to the bank and deposit it under ........ account " Fine by Me ".

I might be too hasty in this response as I am yet to see the " lies " cut and pasted and as I stated and asked nicely, quailified.

But then again, I was always on a hiding to nothing.......... that's the Communist / Socialist agenda,,, divide and conquer...... fear and confusion.

It's been a long day and I was hoping for some closure or at least something to take to the LNP and say " WTF " !!! Please, please give some ammo guys !!!!

LP

Lucky_Phill
18-10-2012, 10:03 PM
BTW...........

FACT

There were 4.......... that's F O U R policies concerning rec fishing released on

9th March 2012
9th March 2012
10th March 2012

& 21st February 2012

funny thing is, the election was held on the 24th March.

OK< so we didn't get a " Recreation Fishing Policy " as defined by that specific wording, but we did get 4 policies B E F O R E the election that concerns that criteria.

Just thought I would put that out there .............

LP

Mike Delisser
18-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I might be too hasty in this response as I am yet to see the " lies " cut and pasted and as I stated and asked nicely, quailified.

LP

And you never will see an LNP lie Phill, I don't think you are capable of being that objective when it comes to politics. The rest of us on the other hand know that MP Mark as the LNP's Shadow Fisheries Spokesperson came on Ausfish and promised us many many times over that he'd deliver a comprehensive and detailed Rec Fishing Policy as soon as Anna Bligh called the election.

charleville
19-10-2012, 12:38 AM
And you never will see an LNP lie Phill, I don't think you are capable of being that objective when it comes to politics.

That's the problem with card carrying partisans. It is not about logic; it is about a religious belief in something great and mysterious that will produce good in the end, no matter how much damage it does along the way.

I can hear the chant coming, "The great God LNP works in mysterious ways", from circles of people holding hands and sobbing in rooms filled with clouds of incense and LED lights flickering faintly in an uppermost corner of the room just behind the stained glass image of a certain lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog....

Reminds me of a school teacher mate of mine who was a Young Liberal in the early 1970's. He had a big colour picture of Billy McMahon on his bedroom wall. :o

I could never work that out. He reckoned that he joined the Young Libs to meet chicks but instead had this whopping great glossy colour poster of big ears Billy McMahon, the most colourless personality who ever entered politics, on his bedroom wall. :-X

Now let's see, who might our own LNP partisans have on their bedroom walls?....

https://img.skitch.com/20120802-jc52tctgr3rfnegt6c6ji6c4g1.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/ekehb/page-1)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/ekehb/page-1) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

(Post script: Forty years later, my school teacher mate is still single. He did have a lovely girlfriend for a while in the 1970's but alas he could not make a commitment. She subsequently married a clergyman who died about ten years ago. For two or three years, my mate has re-established his friendship with that very lovely lady but, well, you know, they still live in separate houses and have separate lives.

I guess that my mate still cannot make a commitment. Just a true, died in the wool, LNP person, I guess. :-? )

Mike Delisser
19-10-2012, 01:00 AM
BTW...........

FACT

There were 4.......... that's F O U R policies concerning rec fishing released on

9th March 2012
9th March 2012
10th March 2012

& 21st February 2012

funny thing is, the election was held on the 24th March.

OK< so we didn't get a " Recreation Fishing Policy " as defined by that specific wording, but we did get 4 policies B E F O R E the election that concerns that criteria.

LP

So that's a fact is it? 4 policies concerning rec fishing.....
How do policies on protecting dugongs and turtles & dredging Trinity Inlet for better navy & cruise ships access address the criteria of a rec fishing policy? And were they even MP Mark's portfilio? Just because a policy contains the word "marine" doesn't mean it concerns the criteria of a rec fishing policy Phill. Now you're just grasping at straws to cover for MP Mark.
http://lnp.org.au/news/environment/lnp-will-outlaw-cruelty-to-dugongs-and-turtles
http://lnp.org.au/policies/grow-a-four-pillar-economy/real-access-for-trinity-inlet

Mike Delisser
19-10-2012, 01:49 AM
That's the problem with card carrying partisans. It is not about logic; it is about a religious belief in something great and mysterious that will produce good in the end, no matter how much damage it does along the way.

With some Charlie, but it's not always like that. My wife spent over 10 years working for the Qld National Party and we have some great friends from those days. Most are honest hardworking people that are there to try and make a difference to our country. There's nothing wrong with championing a political cause, but it's the increasing few from all sides (and their stooges) that place their cause above truth and honesty that give politics such a bad name.

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 05:38 AM
OK< so the ONLY thing " lie " that has been told is a non-release of a specific policy.

Well shave my beard and call me normal, the friggin sky is about to fall down. IS THAT IT ????

In your signature Mike, there are three statements.......

2 of them are true statements and to this date remain true, the other statement has been recorded in history as a Lie.

You see Mike, people DO NOT READ what was said and at all times interpret the words for their purpose.

Statement 3 in your signature and also noted in a previous post clearly states a " fisheries plan " and yet people are banging on about a policy. Chalk & Cheese.

I digress, I DO want people to qualify the lies, I DO want to take them to the LNP chiefs, I NEED those lies in hand for ammo.

IT's not a matter of being objective, it's a matter of FACT. I don't think people understand why I have asked for the LIES.

Again, all you got ( and others so far ) is that an MP , prior to the election made a statement about a policy and that policy has not hit the public forum........ at least he did not stand up in front of the world and LIE directly to millions and that Mike, you can take to the bank.... Julia's statement IS A LIE, and can be qualified. This is what I am asking here, for someone to identify the LIE and qualify it.

If , as you identified, the LIE people here are jumping up and down about, is the simple non-delivery ( release, as we are unsure if the policy exists, unless someone here has inside info to counter that ) of a specifically titled policy, then I think people need to come out from behind the woodshed ask, What am I doing ?

Answer......... jumping up and down about NOTHING, for if as people suggest, it is the Policy that does not exist, then the complaints etc are about nothing.

I think Charlie, Gaz and Steeler and others should have enough time on thier hands to troll the internet pages to post something that resembles a lie ( of importance ).

Seriously, a non-release of a specifically titled policy.......... that's not even a broken promise from the LNP, and promises broken are less important that a dedicated and intentional LIE.

Please, someone give me something to take to Noody........... something of substance, something that affects rec fishing directly ????

LP

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 05:43 AM

I can hear the chant coming, "The great God LNP works in mysterious ways", from circles of people holding hands and sobbing in rooms filled with clouds of incense and LED lights flickering faintly in an uppermost corner of the room just behind the stained glass image of a certain lying, misogynist, scalded, mongrel dog....

Reminds me of a school teacher mate of mine who was a Young Liberal in the early 1970's. He had a big colour picture of Billy McMahon on his bedroom wall. :o

I could never work that out. He reckoned that he joined the Young Libs to meet chicks but instead had this whopping great glossy colour poster of big ears Billy McMahon, the most colourless personality who ever entered politics, on his bedroom wall. :-X

Now let's see, who might our own LNP partisans have on their bedroom walls?....

https://img.skitch.com/20120802-jc52tctgr3rfnegt6c6ji6c4g1.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/charleville2/ekehb/page-1)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/charleville2/ekehb/page-1) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

(Post script: Forty years later, my school teacher mate is still single. He did have a lovely girlfriend for a while in the 1970's but alas he could not make a commitment. She subsequently married a clergyman who died about ten years ago. For two or three years, my mate has re-established his friendship with that very lovely lady but, well, you know, they still live in separate houses and have separate lives.

I guess that my mate still cannot make a commitment. Just a true, died in the wool, LNP person, I guess. :-? )

I think of spending your valuable time avoiding the question, you could afford the person asking the question the respect of an answer.

Seems you are taking the " ALP Hand Book of Spin " a little too far.

LP

charleville
19-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Seems you are taking the " ALP Hand Book of Spin " a little too far.

Have never been a member of any political party and never will be. However, that you have such a phrase at your fingertips suggests that there is such a handbook for card carrying LNP members.

I think of spending your valuable time avoiding the question, you could afford the person asking the question the respect of an answer.

Nah. My gripe is with the tone of the political debate that you and other LNP partisans get down to on Ausfish. Childish school yard name calling does not engender any confidence that the name caller is worthy or being taken seriously in any posts relating to politics. Childish name calling certainly signals that the name caller is not worthy of respect by civilised, intelligent people.

There won't be any investigative or analytical pursuits of any worth coming from political partisans, just feeble attempts to justify their political choices no matter how bad the outcomes.

Start calling the PM "Julia" rather than "Juliar" and you might start to retrieve some of the respect that you have lost; respect that a moderator should be very careful to not lose in the first place.

That a moderator wants to engage in political slanging matches in the forums that he is moderating is just plain dumb. Ausfish is worth better than that.

Greg P
19-10-2012, 06:08 AM
So let me get this right - you want respect for the PM role but you think you are funny depicting the Premier of Qld as Hitler ?

charleville
19-10-2012, 06:55 AM
So let me get this right - you want respect for the PM role but you think you are funny depicting the Premier of Qld as Hitler ?

The point is that disrespect begets disrespect. That is Alan Jones' problem at the moment. As an old boss of mine once said, if you hit someone with a stick, they will come back with a bigger stick.

If you want rational debate on Ausfish, then clean up your own house first and we will see a return to the standands of 'fair go" and courteousness that has been a hallmark of Ausfish as long as I can remember and which attracts members from other states because their local fishing websites don't have the same standards of courteousness.

Instead, now we seem to get drunken abusive posts and politically biassed taunting and bullying and subsequent defensiveness that will have the net effect of alienating membership of Ausfish. Some self important galoots even use the "Dislike" button as if it were a weapon, the poor deluded eunuchs that they are.

Any political party that gets into power is never going to be perfect. No different to buying a new car. Its value depreciates 20% as soon as you drive it out of the car yard. Same as a political party coming into power. Their promises can be discounted by 20% the moment that they are sworn in.

So why are people so surprised?

At best you can judge government performance on balance; viz, on balance is this government performing OK enough? There is no need for personal vitriol ;cos like I said, if you hit someone with a stick, they will come back with a bigger stick.

If members don't like their favorite pollie being portrayed in a certain way then they should not invite the opportunity for that to happen that by being obnoxious themselves.

Steeler
19-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Phill

I think the purpose of this whole thread epitomises your massive dissapointment in what the LNP has delivered since there appointment.

I guess to some people on here Marks statements were taken as gospel and thus since nothing he said has eventuated would regard that as being a lie. Important or not, its got me buggered is that like core and non core ?????.

Perhaps Marks silence and seldom appearances on here these days sums everything up.

Camhawk88
19-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Sorry Charlie, had to dislike mate just to see if my balls shrivel up and drop off.

So far I remain intact!

Mike Delisser
19-10-2012, 09:43 AM
If you told some one 15 times over 6 months not to worry because you'd finish painting their house before Xmas, then you left them high and dry, would it be fair to say you had lied to them?

Actually, when you meet with the LNP big guns, tell them this one......
MP Mark 20/4/11
It should crack them up.

Let me guess, it's not a lie or a con either, it was only meant to be a joke.

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 03:04 PM
OK, charlie, I asked simple question that a simpleton could understand, and all I got from you ( not inferring anything here ) is BS and nothing even remotely resembling an answer to a SIMPLE question. If you have nothing to contribute towards the answer, do not reply to me or it. That is SIMPLE.

Mike, did respond with quotes and I thank him for thank, but failed to qualify the lie. ( IMO ).... Mikes latest response about telling a customer when the paint job would be finished etc, is close, but no cigar, as speaking directly and relatively to MY question and facts... the painter that made the promise, in Mike's scenario, was just a brush-hand and NOT the boss and because of that, the BOSS cannot be held responsible. For the SIMPLE people, that is directly related to what Mark R stated and what Noddy did.

I direct no abuse or inference at using the word Simple and it is not directed at anyone in particular, just using a verb & noun to describe the veracity of the emotion to which I direct obvious and common-sense understanding of sentences, paragraphs and words...................... in English.

Steeler, I take your comments onboard and agree mostly. I feel let down... NOT lied to, that is IMO< too harsh. We all know that Mark got shafted after the election, but being the good bloke ( leaving politics aside for an instant ) he is, continued in his private and insular fight for better outcomes for rec fishers in Qld. To this very day he brings to the attention of the party in various ways, what certainly helped the LNP into power at the last election and that was ALP disasters, but also the tidal wave of Rec Fishing support.

FWIW< we ( rec fishos ) still have the $120 mill Marine Infrastructure plan in place. There is funding in that for rec fishing activities, items and programs etc....We still have our plight sitting on the table of the LNP party room. We still have a couple of very passionate rec fishos sitting at the same tables as the men in charge and we still have political experience guiding future policy decisions for recreational fishers.

I am happy with that, just not the expediency of the roll out, but I did elude to this just days after the election, even though it is not my place to do so. On that note, if I make a call, promise that an incoming Govt will do this and that, and it does not happen, am I a liar ? Taking into consideration I have no input or authority to make such promises !
\

What we don't have is a clear and public policy from the LNP on Recreational Fishing in Queensland . We still have a policy, legislation and regulation etc, left over from the previous Govt. So in essence, we DO have a Recreational fishing policy, just not the right one.............. yet !!!!!!!!!!!!

To tell a lie, one must first know that the lie is about to be told. Intent !!! If you state something you believe ( will happen etc ) and that something turns out to be not correct, through no fault of your own, is that lie ?

Honestly folks......... answer that question in relation to any personal experience you or your family have had.

Example.... I call client, “ I'll be at your place in 10 minutes “. If I turn up in 11 minutes, due to traffic accident, have I lied ????????????? It's all to do with intent and the details. It is simple.

LP

Gazza
19-10-2012, 03:36 PM
What we don't have is a clear and public policy from the LNP on Recreational Fishing in Queensland .

Example.... I call client, “ I'll be at your place in 10 minutes “. If I turn up in 11 minutes, due to traffic accident, have I lied ????????????? It's all to do with intent and the details. It is simple.
LP
MP Mark as the LNP's Shadow Fisheries Spokesperson came on Ausfish and promised us many many times over that he'd deliver a comprehensive and detailed Rec Fishing Policy as soon as Anna Bligh called the electionYes Phill , you are a Liar ,a habitual one , IF you repeat "the lie" many,many times.

;) UNLESS the "Traffic Accident" was the LNP winning the Election :-*
p.s. the Election was "completed" seven(7) months ago :o

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 04:04 PM
OH My God................ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Never, ever would I have thought that a person who had the capability to use a computer, would lack the inteligence to understand what they were reading on said computer.

I do however, feel for the dyslexic types on here and hope they can conquer thier issues before too much more embarassment occurs.

LP

finga
19-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm cooking corned meat for tea

Mike Delisser
19-10-2012, 04:20 PM

I can be in Warwick with a nice white by 6.45, maybe Phill could bring the pie ;)

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Even I got that Mike.... 8-)

If I remember correctly, last time I made it out to War-Wick the tea came with Almond Biscuits... What happened to the Iced Vo Vo's, I'll never know. :-?

I have a sneaky feeling Scotty has been feeding them to Pongo.... :o

LP

Horse
19-10-2012, 06:28 PM

Finga, you are getting off topic there. Have you tried cooking it in Ginger Beer or just the normal Onion, cloves, vinegar version. A bit of white sauce and horseradish and you are all set

Tangles
19-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I am waiting for the new Macquarie definition of liar after all this is settled:D

PinHead
19-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I am waiting for the new Macquarie definition of liar after all this is settled:D

will liar be defined something like misogy..miso..miswhatever..

Reality is..trust any politicans at your own peril. They have absolutely no interests other than their own egos.

Gon Fishun
19-10-2012, 09:14 PM
will liar be defined something like misogy..miso..miswhatever..

Reality is..trust any politicans at your own peril. They have absolutely no interests other than their own egos.

"Never a truer word has been spoken"

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Yhtbsmwsanmvoapaim.

Lp

charleville
20-10-2012, 11:54 AM
OK, charlie, I asked simple question that a simpleton could understand, and all I got from you ( not inferring anything here ) is BS and nothing even remotely resembling an answer to a SIMPLE question. If you have nothing to contribute towards the answer, do not reply to me or it. That is SIMPLE.
I direct no abuse or inference at using the word Simple and it is not directed at anyone in particular, just using a verb & noun to describe the veracity of the emotion to which I direct obvious and common-sense understanding of sentences, paragraphs and

Goodness, goodness me! Could it be that the sauce bottle was well and truly out yesterday as it so often is with the struggling LNP proletariat on Friday afternoons, resulting in some very ill-advised postings. Goodness, goodness me!

Perhaps you misunderstand the lexicon, LP. Perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of repartee and somehow confuse it with re-party.

I can now see why the LNP scrapped the Premier’s Literary Awards in their first act of intellectual and cultural vandalism. The subtleties of the English language are lost on the Philistine elements of the LNP. I am starting to wonder if that is not most of them.

The only politics that I have ever been involved in was university student union politics. The entertainment value of the subtlety and quality of the content of the debate in some of those fiery encounters, albeit laced as it was with generous, usually very loud, ‘fruity’ invective, was well worth the effort involved in getting elected in the first place.

Not so, the stumbling, bumbling, mumbling, crumbling, fumbling, tumbling, grumbling shamble of rebuke that we often get from the deniers of the LNP mess that has cast its dark, destructive cloud over Queensland in 2012.

I now understand that I was wrong, LP, to invite the struggling LNP proletariat class to forgo their usual use of school yard invective in these pages and to use civilised language instead. Clearly, they are not up to the task.

Like, how good is this example?

I do however, feel for the dyslexic types on here and hope they can conquer thier issues before too much more embarassment occurs.

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha! Too good! Here’s another one for you to use, LP.... Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who does not believe that there is a Dog? Hahahahahahahaha!

Alas, we may have some mis-communications happening here. I had thought that even the LNP would understand that before trotting out a shopping list of promised initiatives, some broad statement of principle is necessary to guide the development of such shopping list.

In this regard, LP, the struggling LNP proletariat only seem to be capable of focusing on the shopping list. Very transactional thinking. Certainly not strategic. It explains a lot.

What I gave you, LP, was the broad statement of principle uttered by the grand pooh-bah himself after stealing seminar time at this year’s Tackle and Tinnie show. The words cited in that thread to which I have previously referred you in this thread were that an LNP Government would be “fishing friendly.”

Is that not a statement of principle which, in the normal hierarchical order of principles-strategies-tactics, is at the most fundamental, bedrock level of the promise made by the LNP?

That the attributed statement made at the Tackle and Tinnie show was a lie has been overwhelmingly endorsed by the list of anti-fishing “initiatives” cited in your very own opening post to this thread. None of these are consistent with the principle that the LNP is “fishing friendly.” Nothing could be further from the truth.

After that sort of statement of principle everything else is subservient.

Indeed, I had thought that you had accepted that, indeed, I had answered, fully, your request when you posted this...

re-read it Charlie........ thanks for answering my question in response to the rec fishing " lies " issue.

....yet, on arriving home in great spirits from a splendid wedding reception in a splendid locale high up above Currumbin Creek yesterday, overlooking views along the coast up to the northern GC skyscrapers and with a stunning sky high view of the kite surfers enjoying some pretty vigorous action in the creek below, I find that you have reneged on your appreciation of my efforts to answer your question, fully.

How deeply hurt, I am, by your change of mind. I guess that we just have to accept that changes of mind are consistent with LNP behavioural norms.

Sigh! “ Another struggling, card carrying LNP proletariat member falling too easily to the temptations of the sauce on a Friday afternoon again?”, I privately ponder to myself.

Gee whizz, LP, how can you want to go one-on-one in political slanging matches whilst still holding on to the high office of Ausfish moderator? Cannot you see the glaring conflict of interest?

For example, at what stage should we suspect that posts or entire threads get deleted improperly because of political motives or the fact that the moderator is getting done over in silly political slanging matters with Ausfish members, trying to defend the indefensible and is embarrassed by that all too frequent occurrence?

If you want to be a participant in these matches, LP, you ought to do the decent thing and resign as moderator.

Shawn 66
20-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Just a question if I may ? Is this thread going to anchieve anything other than , one if not more, members being banned .
Shawn
PS Scott ,
Did you also have caulie with cheesey white sauce ?

Horse
20-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I think we will get more value from this thread if we concentrate on Scotts Corned Beef. I hope he had enough left over to cut a few slabs to have with fresh bread and pickles. I'm off to the butchers now to grab a piece

charleville
20-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Sorry Charlie, had to dislike mate just to see if my balls shrivel up and drop off.

So far I remain intact!

It usually takes about a fortnight. I recommend that you get your wife to check them for you every morning. I am told that soft massaging slows the process quite a lot, especially as it makes you less likely to start the day in a grumpy mood and takes your mind off wanting to click on the "dislike" button anyway.

;D

Shawn 66
20-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I think we will get more value from this thread if we concentrate on Scotts Corned Beef. I hope he had enough left over to cut a few slabs to have with fresh bread and pickles. I'm off to the butchers now to grab a piece
Pussy,
HP Sauce is the only way to go .
Shawn

nigelr
20-10-2012, 06:13 PM
It usually takes about a fortnight. I recommend that you get your wife to check them for you every morning. I am told that soft massaging slows the process quite a lot, especially as it makes you less likely to start the day in a grumpy mood and takes your mind off wanting to click on the "dislike" button anyway.

;D

Umm, yeah definitely one of your best Charlie IMHO, ROFL!

finga
21-10-2012, 05:05 AM
I can be in Warwick with a nice white by 6.45, maybe Phill could bring the pie ;)
Yep....2 hours for the drive should see it right.
Corned meat and eggs on the BBQ for breako. Sounds good.
Egg and bacon pie is it Phill??

Even I got that Mike.... 8-)

If I remember correctly, last time I made it out to War-Wick the tea came with Almond Biscuits... What happened to the Iced Vo Vo's, I'll never know. :-?

I have a sneaky feeling Scotty has been feeding them to Pongo.... :o

LP
Bloody hell......here I was trying that multiculturalism out and I get hammered for it.
Where did the Iced Vo-Vo's go to?? Well I had to go up a size in shorts when I brought some yesterday. Dunno why.

As for the rest of you fella's.....what's with all this fancy stuff with Corned beef??
It was Corned beef, spuds, onions, carrots and some cabbage. Some tomato sauce on the spuds.....and that's that....down the hatch.

As for the lies...well it seems it's socially acceptable for all politicians to lie to us now-a-days.
Even if a policy was released would it have been a core policy or just one that was said to make us feel all warm and fuzzy??
And then we get the case where policies are so vague in what they say they could mean absolutely anything. I remember getting grilled for asking for clarifications to very generalised statements. But I need exact statements. I don't trust any of the buggers.
To me the real questions are why do we accept this lying and misleading from our politicians or why/how do they get away with lying and misleading us? If it was your 4 year old kid that lied to you they'd have to go without 'The Wiggles' for a month or have a sore bot-bot wouldn't they?
Maybe the solution is every elected member has to be placed in a medieval stocks in the local shopping centre for 6 hours every coupla months with a big case of rotten tomatoes next to them. That way they'll know exactly how their electorate feels about what's happening.
If the people are happy the polly will go home clean. If they're not they may have to go to hospital. Either way they might get the idea what the people want and the fact that they should be doing what the people want and not what they want to do to get another term of power.
If our local member had to do that I'm afraid Lawrence (our minister for health) would find out exactly how I feel about no doctor been in the hospital when I took The Cook up there a couple of weeks ago. That's no doctor in a hospital that's less then 3 kilometers away from one of the Minister for Health's offices in a place he's supposed to represent and look after

As for Fisheries....they may save a few dollars with the decimation of Fisheries but I'm always thinking about the cost it'll take to rebuild it.
To me it's a bit like saving some money on new tyres and insurance. Yeah you might be better off in the immediate instance but are you better off long term after you've run into the the back of the Rolls Royce on that wet Tuesday??
Can-Do should be considering this when he's getting rid of all those jobs and services I feel.

As a side note I hear can-Do is travelling west out Gundi way on Monday. I wonder if the bomb squad has been axed or are they going out beforehand to make sure all is AOK for him?

And when the other mob is back in power I can start on them then. I hate them all with equal passion.

Jarrah Jack
21-10-2012, 08:01 AM

So far I remain intact!

At least by hitting the dislike on Ol Charlie you've proved that they are fairly big.

Yee who take on Charlie do so at considerable risk as he has been proven by these considerably amusing posts of his.

I see Newby has made a reappearance too.:o

Camhawk88
21-10-2012, 08:17 AM

;D

Disliked again.

I quite enjoy the treatment so am ensuring it's ongoing practice.

finga
21-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Finga, you are getting off topic there. Have you tried cooking it in Ginger Beer or just the normal Onion, cloves, vinegar version. A bit of white sauce and horseradish and you are all set
I did the normal 'mum' version but threw in a few dried chillies.
The ginger beer sounds like the go though
How do you reckon it'll go with Green Ginger Wine??

If you want a beeeewdiful condiment to go with any meat try Gwenda's chilly paste. It's simply the bee's knees.

charleville
21-10-2012, 09:28 AM
disliked again.

lol!!!

;D;D;D

Jarrah Jack
21-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Disliked again.

Now see what you've done Charlie.

Wonder if it would work for me or Finga?

Jarrah Jack
21-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Oi Gazza, what did I do to deserve that dislike?

You're a silly old galoot who's equipment has shrivelled in pace with your brain.

Only kidding now, I think.;D;D

finga
21-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Now see what you've done Charlie.

Wonder if it would work for me or Finga?
Oi...leave me out of this.
I've got 64 dislikes already ;D

Well I'm still waiting for Mike and Phill to turn up for some corned meat.
I even saved them some from my lunch. If they're not here tomorrow it'll be all down my guts but I have a bit of a dilemma. Curry or fritters for lunch?? http://www.smileyhut.com/eat_drink/essen.gif

Tangles
21-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Jack if it makes you feel better, most of my dislikes have been from TOL

Jarrah Jack
21-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Jack if it makes you feel better, most of my dislikes have been from TOL

Thanks Tangler, that makes me feel much better..

WalrusLike
22-10-2012, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't be upset if this forum banned political and religion discussions.

I know at my parents place Dads great mates could occasionally get a bit heated on those two topics. Be a shame to have good blokes argue when they have so much in common otherwise.

charleville
22-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I wouldn't be upset if this forum banned political and religion discussions.

I totally agree with this perspective.

The problem is that the politics will be introduced subversively such as by using the excuse of furthering the interest of rec fishers by exploring what this political party or that political party will do for fishers after the next election. If a moderator is the guilty troll in doing this, it looks as if it is approved and endorsed by the forum management.

When I go fishing, it is to get away from the noise of society, not to look for opportunities to become an activist on behalf of the hobby.

Ausfish would benefit from a total blanket ban on any discussion of politics and religion, imho.

finga
22-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Sad truth of the matter is that politics will affect our past-time (as well as any other outdoor activity) more then any other influence including the weather, environmental and work factors.
It should be discussed but to what extent.

There are a hell of a lot of people who are doing a hell of a lot of work to try and improve our fisheries as well as improving our fishing experience.
It's such a shame politicians don't listen.

charleville
22-10-2012, 09:47 AM
BTW, did any of these shopping list promises that are documented on the LNP website make their way into this year's state budget? When I look at the Courier-Mail's summary of the budget, I see nothing mentioned but that may not be the full story.

"LNP Policy Commitments:

$120 million Marine Infrastructure Fund over four years
$50 million for small marine infrastructure such as boat ramps, artificial reefs and pontoons
$30 millon to improve access to Gold Coast Waterways
$40 millon to improve access to Cairns' Trinity Inlet"

Source: http://lnp.org.au/policies/better-infrastructure-and-better-planning/investing-in-our-waterways-for-the-future

Tangles
22-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Its a free world fellas, you dont have to read threads which has politics or religion if you dont want to,

WalrusLike
22-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Its a free world fellas, you dont have to read threads which has politics or religion if you dont want to,

Yeah I agree with that... I can happily ignore stuff as well as anyone. (Like mowing the yard). The reason I think it might be a good idea ti avoid politics is because it is so divisive. Blokes who otherwise would get on well start throwing insults around and the spirit of community is damaged.

I am not fussed either way, but if Steve decided the site was to become politics free then I reckon all would be better off long term. It's just my opinion and I could easily be wrong.

With regard to politics affecting boating and fishing.... yeah but hoping one side or the other are going to be better is often a waste of time.

In any case we all have a lot in common... even if not our politics.

netmaker
22-10-2012, 02:23 PM
at my own peril, i am adding my 2 bits. i am non-political. i hate them all. they all lie, be it outright or subversive. i have a gst from a government that would never implement a gst and i now have a carbon tax from a government that would never implement a carbon tax>:(.
views on politics are like bums. everyone has one, but they're all different. everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
i see no point in sledging here. phill should not be exempt from having a political viewpoint. we are all adults and vote as we see fit. phill plays a big part in making ausfish what it is and works tirelessly on behalf of rec fishos. his m&g organising is second to none and he is a great bloke to have a beer with (or even something pink;)).
any suggestion that he may "moderate" political threads to push his own barrow, i think, is nothing shy of insulting.

Gazza
22-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Just Ban the "Ausfish Addicts" ;D :guitarist::guitarist:
or press the "dislike button" :-* every 9th or 10th time they post , it's good for your libido ;) :P

.....apparently..... :beer:

finga
22-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Gazza...matey, pal, old digger. One day I'm going to understand you.

Camhawk88
22-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I'll have a lazy reddie on that day not coming Finga

Horse
22-10-2012, 07:05 PM
at my own peril, i am adding my 2 bits. i am non-political. i hate them all. they all lie, be it outright or subversive. i have a gst from a government that would never implement a gst and i now have a carbon tax from a government that would never implement a carbon tax>:(.
views on politics are like bums. everyone has one, but they're all different. everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.
i see no point in sledging here. phill should not be exempt from having a political viewpoint. we are all adults and vote as we see fit. phill plays a big part in making ausfish what it is and works tirelessly on behalf of rec fishos. his m&g organising is second to none and he is a great bloke to have a beer with (or even something pink;)).
any suggestion that he may "moderate" political threads to push his own barrow, i think, is nothing shy of insulting.

Well said Dave:2thumbsup:

I think Phill has outlined some of his concerns with the way Can't do is managing our Fishery management at the moment. As I said previously (when Captain Bligh was in command), the only way foreward is to work with the political party who is in power. Hopefully Phill and others can have a bit of influence on future decisions.

Mike Delisser
22-10-2012, 08:32 PM

I recon I would stick it to Phill more than anyone here and I have no issue whatsoever with how he moderates, sh#t I wouldn't want his job, but you'd be naive if thought at least one of the moderators wasn't looking after MP Mark. Posts and whole threads that were totally within Ausfish's rules have dissapeared off the site as soon as things have started going south for our favourite MP. I know one of mine (totally within the rules) that questioned a line MP Mark had posted only lasted a few mins. And when I asked why, that also dissappeared. I wasn't banned or warned, just the posts were removed and no explanation given. I have no problem with that, but you can't say it doesn't happen because it does. It's no different to the way most other forums are run.

We all have our views on many subjects and we should (including Phill or any mod) be allowed to express them on this site, esp in the "Bilge", if they go too far a spray is often delivered. We're all big boys I recon, Phill and Timmi can apologise and buy me a beer anytime they like.

Lovey80
22-10-2012, 09:37 PM
everyone is entitled to their views and on a forum like ausfish, should be able to express them without fear of ridicule or abuse.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it certainly doesn't prevent anyone for being ridiculed for it, if they chose to express it. Just because you have the right to say rediculous things doesn't also give you the right to say them free from criticism.

Mike Delisser
22-10-2012, 11:40 PM
We're all big boys I recon, Phill and Timmi can apologise and buy me a beer any time they like.

I'd drink your beer too Lovely. ;)

netmaker
23-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it certainly doesn't prevent anyone for being ridiculed for it, if they chose to express it. Just because you have the right to say rediculous things doesn't also give you the right to say them free from criticism.

criticism and ridicule are 2 very different animals. ridicule should be limited to childrens websites while criticism belongs in mature, adult debate.

mike. despite your posts "adhering" to the rules, sometimes common decency requires posts be removed. perhaps what you thought innocuous was considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...
if someone was "looking after" mp mark, they did a crap job. i think the worst i have read on this site was directed at mark which i personally thought distasteful.

finga
23-10-2012, 06:36 AM
So back to the thread. It's about Fisheries remember.

I saw a Fisheries patrol boat last Thursday.
I was shocked by firstly seeing a patrol boat cruising about but I was more shocked seeing it where I saw it.
http://goo.gl/maps/x3Jz1

Well done in getting out and about boys. Hit them where they least expect to be hit ;D
(And I say that without a hint of sarcasm. I just wished there were more front line fisheries inspectors about).

rayken1938
23-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Didnt think much to check on there but dont know area that well. maybe paying someone a visit on way from Leslie but good to see nthe flag waving wherever it is.
Cheers
Ray

Mike Delisser
23-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Sorry Finga

mike. despite your posts "adhering" to the rules, sometimes common decency requires posts be removed. perhaps what you thought innocuous was considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...

It was a while ago but believe it was "Oh dear, I know that's not true Mark". As a guide the post by Timmi (one of MP Mark's Ausfish spokesmen) where he calls Qld public servents "a whole bunch of regulation happy, non value adding nobodies, who had a dream of doing Sweet Felicity Arkwright for the rest of their miserable urban latte sucking lives" is still there. I ask you which could meet your criteria of being considered potentially offensive or lacking common decency by someone else...

netmaker
23-10-2012, 10:34 AM
yes, i would also consider that totally uncalled for and inappropriate. it is unfortunate that mods even be required but that is the nature of the forum beast...

finga
23-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Actually I like posts like that one Mike.
They tell me exactly what sort of a person the person who posted it is.

Lovey80
23-10-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd drink your beer too Lovely. ;)

I'd be happy to buy you a beer Michael. Not sure what I have to apologise for though.

theoldlegend
25-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I reckon we should all be given a fortnight as "Moderator in Charge".

TOL

charleville
25-10-2012, 07:52 PM

...but if you went first, based on seniority, TOL, who would be still left after that two weeks????

:whip:

Jarrah Jack
25-10-2012, 08:35 PM
...but if you went first, based on seniority, TOL, who would be still left after that two weeks????

:whip:

TOL the Terminator

finga
26-10-2012, 07:39 AM
TOL
You can have that job on your own. I'll give you my fortnight when it comes around old mate (if I'm not banned beforehand)
Too many people will scrutinise your every word and pick you to pieces. Your not allowed an opinion as a mod. Your supposed to be a robot.
I think it's best to fly under the radar (so to speak)

So back to the thread.......so from what I read QLD Fisheries are going to be simply an enforcement agency with not many other goals or responsibilities.
Is this true or false?
If false then what are their other goals and responsibilities?

charleville
26-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Your not allowed an opinion as a mod.

Not true. It is the style of expressing that opinion that matters. Viz, if it is expressed with the sort of vitriol and ill manners that incites other members to the point where we have a cat fight in a thread then the mod is guilty of inciting something tantamount to a riot and thus becomes part of a problem that he should really be trying to hose down.

WalrusLike
26-10-2012, 09:23 AM
......guilty of inciting something tantamount to a riot.....

Um, er, with respect Charlie it's a bit more like two fruit flies buzzing in a teacup..... :)

A riot is a whole lot more real and scary than a forum dustup.

Lets not get carried away with our hyperbole. Just sayin..... :)

charleville
26-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Um, er, with respect Charlie it's a bit more like two fruit flies buzzing in a teacup..... :)

A riot is a whole lot more real and scary than a forum dustup.

Lets not get carried away with our hyperbole. Just sayin..... :)

Yeah - perhaps you are right, WL. :dankk2:

It is just that saying "guilty of inciting something tantamount to two fruit flies buzzing in a teacup" does not have the right emotional punch for the perspective being enunciated. :smash:

netmaker
26-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah - perhaps you are right, WL. :dankk2:

It is just that saying "guilty of inciting something tantamount to two fruit flies buzzing in a teacup" does not have the right emotional punch for the perspective being enunciated. :smash:

lol. regardless of whether i agree with your views or not, i do love the way you express them;D

Heath
26-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Heard on the grape vine that the boys in blue are about to pickup some (a lot) of fisheries responsibilities while out on and off the water......

Jarrah Jack
26-10-2012, 02:09 PM
lol. regardless of whether i agree with your views or not, i do love the way you express them;D

There's only one Charlie and juxtaposed to that, there is only one Gazza. ;D

finga
26-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Heard on the grape vine that the boys in blue are about to pickup some (a lot) of fisheries responsibilities while out on and off the water......
Thanks matey.
It's definitely interesting times ahead of us I reckon.

Boat Hog
26-10-2012, 06:08 PM

TOL

That 'we' is an interesting word;

Is that we - ausfish addicts (so not me :();
we - all who have contibuted to this thread (including me now!:D) or;
we - everyone on Ausfish? .... you might have to weed a few out! ::)

Also, I will require advanced notice when it is my turn as I will need to take two weeks off from work to keep up with all the bull crap.

Maybe, instead we should to have a "moderator fortnight off' where the nominated mod can just be a normal poster and go for it! ;D ;D

Cheers,

nigelr
26-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Nah, surely there must be a 'moderator' app out there.....lol, just program the sucker and off it goes into perpetuity!

Gazza
26-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Couldn't we just pay LP $10K/wk to sit on the sidelines :huh2:

Tangles
26-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I think people forget that moderators have been key to allowing this forum to flourish over the years,

Gazza
27-10-2012, 02:29 PM
When do we get a chance to bury one of the mods in a 44gal drum in the backyard , under a blazing fire :speechless: :oops::LOL:

Boat Hog
27-10-2012, 03:08 PM
When do we get a chance to bury one of the mods in a 44gal drum in the backyard , under a blazing fire :speechless: :oops::LOL:

There you go getting your Forums mixed up again Gazza. The Redneck Fishing Forum is the next one down on your favourites!

Gazza
27-10-2012, 03:57 PM
by your location (S.O.O. losers) :P , that'd be "Sportsfish" ...Australias premier fishing portal :lost:
i'm member #66 ;) :guitarist::guitarist:

Gazza
27-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I saw a Fisheries patrol boat last Thursday.
I was shocked by firstly seeing a patrol boat cruising about but I was more shocked seeing it where I saw it.
http://goo.gl/maps/x3Jz1
I know you don't comprehend my posts Finger ;D , but here goes anyways m8...

By your link ,they're taking the backroads from Mog to Les , or vice versa,
but bugger me dead , carrying a 250mtr? high ballon marked "A" is gonna give the badguys heaps of time to pack up and move from Les to Mog , or vice versa :D

Undercustumble my wormeating friend :-?
[may the force be with you] :laola:
p.s. recommend the ginger ale for corned beef

WalrusLike
27-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Geez I dunno.... Should I be pleased or worried that I get your drift Gazza?

:)

Gazza
27-10-2012, 04:52 PM
your choice mate ,just never be "very,very,afraid" LOL
Gaz

Shawn 66
27-10-2012, 04:58 PM
your choice mate ,just never be "very,very,afraid" LOL
Gaz
Dunno about everyone else , but I think Gazza makes this forum.
P.S Even if I cannot understand the bugger most of the time.
Shawn

finga
27-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Geez I dunno.... Should I be pleased or worried that I get your drift Gazza?

:)
I was thinking the same. What's happening Gazza? Have you been a bit crook or something??
You have been making perfect sense over the last few days.

Back roads?? That's a bloody highway Gazza (well it is for us)
Shawn may well know exactly where that is and why anybody would be there.

And no gazza. I was talking to a bloke on the side of the road when they went past.
And that's a hell of a back road from Moggera to Leslie....or vise versa.
And the balloon is only about 3mm high matey. I think you need to visit OPSM.

And I reckon Green Ginger Wine instead of the Ginger beer for the corned meat.

Gazza
27-10-2012, 05:05 PM
ginger ALE ,not beer!! .... sheesh "like trying to put brains into a monument" ,"stone the crows" *rolleyes*

rando
11-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I could not wade through all the posts in this thread, got to about page 6 and lost interest in the meanderings.
But I think I absorbed the trend of the debate.
FWIW my feelings are these.
The national party through it's spokesperson MP Mark Robinson used this forum to assure the members of the forum that only under an L N P government would recreational fishers be better off than they were under the sitting government.
And that the L N P had strategies & policies that would effect the improvement of conditions & management of the fisheries in favour of Recreational fishers.
This is the clear impression I took from the various posts made by Mark Robinson.I do not have the time or inclination to search for the exact words or statements. But I do know that i had the clear impression, that an LNP government would set about improving recreational fisheries.I believe many of you had the same impression.

Has that happened??
Is it likely to happen??

rando