PDA

View Full Version : Choose Colour of Ausfish Flag...Poll

gruntahunta
21-09-2012, 11:40 AM
This is only to seek popular opinion...Obviously the final say remains with Steve the Owner.

OZ 640
21-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Would be great to see a pic of each to help decide??
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers

Horse
21-09-2012, 12:57 PM
You need something that stands out against the sky no matter what conditions. White on a red background is probably the most visible to the human eye. Red flags are often used at sea such as the Australian Red Ensign flown by registered australian vessels.
White on black or Navy would be pretty visible as well

The-easyrider
21-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I went with Maroon on White but would like to have seen white on Maroon being a QLDer, we could have black on blue one for the cockies. anything except white on black, wont get a flag that makes me look like an all black supporter on my boat as all the nz boys will want to come fushin with me lol

barra71
21-09-2012, 03:17 PM
i am easy with most that are up there. but at the end of it all it has to look good and look the part of Ausfish as well.

Mrs Ronnie H
21-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi

Glad you took my idea and put it to a POLL. Looks like anything Black and white is winning at present. Will look like one of those Kiwi things but we will have a fish instead of a fern:)

Ronnie

wags on the water
22-09-2012, 06:21 AM
too many bloody kiwis

wayno60
22-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Maroon back ground, white fish.

That was my first thought but as pointed out this is AUSfish, not QLDfish so im puting my weight behind green and gold,
this is one i prepared earlies

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84257&d=1347792393&thumb=1
I actually like this one better, might stand out better.

the first one is Ausfish gold with a different blue, this one is the new member blue on a brighter yellow

Keeping with the AUS theme change the blue fish to green?????

barra71
22-09-2012, 07:41 AM
The yellow and blue look good wayno, and would stand out well.

kind_cir
22-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Once apon a time all I wanted was an elephant stamp.

Now all I want is a Ausfish flag...

Make mine blue with a big yellow fish.

Mrs Ronnie H
22-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Its still anything black and white by a mile I reckon.

Count me out- Pirate flag, kiwi flag, Collingwood. :(

Start thinking outside the square and get creative-- How ordinary is black and white. :-?

I'll go with whatever Steve decides on as long as it isn't black and white or vice versa.

Ronnie

rosco1974
22-09-2012, 01:06 PM
wayno flag above looks great ..would deffinatly stand out

wayno60
22-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I think it was in the other thread about flags that the idea of a triangle flag was raised.

thelump
22-09-2012, 04:32 PM
What about Orange , White and Blue. The same colours as the pages of Ausfish?

fishfeeder
22-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Black with white logo, or Blue with a white logo or Maroon with a white logo... this will keep the production cost down.
Same as the Ausfish stickers you can get then in different colours to suit your boat ???

This is great that Mr Ausfish is allowing the flags idea to go ahead...

Cheers
Brett

barra71
22-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I think it was in the other thread about flags that the idea of a triangle flag was raised.

I do like the look of that flag Wayno looks good

wayno60
22-09-2012, 05:27 PM
on page 4 or 5 on the other flag thread ive put up a few other colour, annd theres one with the ausfish orange and a blue fish.

MudRiverDan
22-09-2012, 05:58 PM
LOL at white on black from all the "would be" pirates..

Dan

tunaticer
23-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Triangular flags look better I think.
Sun fade will be an issue with most colours except black and white.
Yellows, oranges, reds will all fade badly from what I have noticed.
Are these flags attached to boat aerials and if so what method?

gruntahunta
23-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Maroon back ground, white fish.

That was my first thought but as pointed out this is AUSfish, not QLDfish so im puting my weight behind green and gold,
this is one i prepared earlies

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84257&d=1347792393&thumb=1
I actually like this one better, might stand out better.

the first one is Ausfish gold with a different blue, this one is the new member blue on a brighter yellow

Keeping with the AUS theme change the blue fish to green?????

Blue on yellow has only 5.48% of vote so far...doesnt look good for it.

The leader white on black is looking to be the most popular....

gruntahunta
23-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Its still anything black and white by a mile I reckon.

Count me out- Pirate flag, kiwi flag, Collingwood. :(

Start thinking outside the square and get creative-- How ordinary is black and white. :-?

I'll go with whatever Steve decides on as long as it isn't black and white or vice versa.

Ronnie

Obviously you really don't want an Ausfish Flag then if you won't accept the majority result.... It is not about the colour (Kwis, Collingwood etc), it IS about having an AUSFISH LOGO and Flag to identify our selves. Really, and please do not take this the wrong way but I am going to say it. Your comment about not having one if you cant have your preferred colours is like getting out in backyard cricket and taking your bat and ball and going home. Seems very immature to me.

If the ausfish stickers were all one colour then I would suggest that should be the flag colours but they arent so a popular vote seems the fairest way.

gruntahunta
23-09-2012, 11:37 AM

I really like the triangular shape as well....(not the Parramatta colours though LOL)... I guess you will have to have the Ausfish Logo smaller in the triangle than the rectangle though so may not stand out as much.

wayno60
23-09-2012, 12:55 PM
It wont be in parra colours, read the post swap the blue for green so it has that AUS feel.....

gruntahunta
24-09-2012, 10:24 AM
BUMP....any more voters...we have 78 so far... certainly enough to warrant havimg flags made...even though some have said they won't get one if it is a certain colour but I am sure they were only joking.

The top 4 so far contribute to 65% of the vote and top 3 - 58%

Mrs Ronnie H
24-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Obviously you really don't want an Ausfish Flag then if you won't accept the majority result.... It is not about the colour (Kwis, Collingwood etc), it IS about having an AUSFISH LOGO and Flag to identify our selves. Really, and please do not take this the wrong way but I am going to say it. Your comment about not having one if you cant have your preferred colours is like getting out in backyard cricket and taking your bat and ball and going home. Seems very immature to me.

If the ausfish stickers were all one colour then I would suggest that should be the flag colours but they arent so a popular vote seems the fairest way.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on here and their own choices. Nothing to do with accepting majorities or wanting a flag. My choice would be to not have a black and white flag-- nothing to do with maturity -just my personal choice which i am entitled to.
Now I'm taking my bat and ball and going shopping. :) enjoy your day.

Ronnie

wayno60
24-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Talking to one of the guys here at work and he said why not a different colour for each state....??????

gruntahunta
24-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Sorry if I offended Ronnie...not intentional. I think your reason & it is your choice, I do understand that.... "Count me out- Pirate flag, kiwi flag, Collingwood. :(" was what I was making comment about. It is not about footy teams or national colours. I love the broncos but didnt put up a yellow & maroon option.

If the cost is good then perhaps we will be able to have different colours, we will just have to wait & see. So far we have over 80 people voting so I would assume around 80 people would be interested in getting a flag. Personally I think the same colour flag would make it more noticable for ausfishers to see each other quickly.

Gazza
24-09-2012, 02:26 PM
I think Phill voted Pink with Pink background :o ...soo Mod wins :P

wayno60
24-09-2012, 03:34 PM
who voted silver on white??? yer that'll stand out..........not!

The-easyrider
24-09-2012, 06:50 PM

18 votes out 78 is not a majority to my best reckoning 86% of ausfish voters don't want a all black flag

gruntahunta
24-09-2012, 08:19 PM
18 votes out 78 is not a majority to my best reckoning 86% of ausfish voters don't want a all black flag

Yep I agree easy rider...That is the difference between preferential voting and first past the post... Whats with the All black flag though, it has an AUSFISH LOGO, not a Fern...nothing like it.
If we could do a preferential poll system then I would go for that...but then Labor supporters would disagree with that too LOLLOL.

Just forget it....let Steve sort it.... was just trying to get it happening as there were a shit load of people wanting it... too hard to please all the people all of the time.

Maybe I should have started with a poll...DO WE WANT AN AUSFISH FLAG?

(Now I know I am going to get shit about spitting the dummy but seriously people, there have been so many whingers)

Tangles
24-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I personally dont really mind what colours are chosen, more about it being a reasonable size and quality so it will last

the following images though make it extremely clear which option should be a clear winner unless your colour blind;D they may however help,,

barra71
24-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks Tangles, you can see what stands out alot more, good post mate..

i like em all so any would suite me

gruntahunta
24-09-2012, 08:42 PM
I personally dont really mind what colours are chosen, more about it being a reasonable size and quality so it will last

the following images though make it extremely clear which option should be a clear winner unless your colour blind;D they may however help,,

Ok Tangles...I'll bite...which one do you think is the CLEAR winner from your options..... I think they all stand out personally.

Tangles
24-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Grunta shouldnt ask me mate, im colour blind! reds/greens/oranges... greys/pinks.... blue/purple so cant see myself having a valid input other than a clear colour against a white background which is clearer to me, but ill happily go with whatever.

Just put these up so others could see the various combos of marine flags which may help them

The-easyrider
26-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I think a Combo that was not included in the poll being the ausfish colors orange back ground with blue logo would be the go that way no team colors are favored and it will be easly recognized.

wayno60
26-09-2012, 11:33 PM
this is the first one i made, ausfish orange on a blue back ground
Couldnt get the right orange but something like this?

barra71
27-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Has Steve got back to anyone with a YES or no. A YES would be great.

The-easyrider
27-09-2012, 10:32 AM
this is the first one i made, ausfish orange on a blue back ground
Couldnt get the right orange but something like this?
Either one Looks great

OZ 640
27-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Make the white flag with Black logo..... you can then dye your own friggin colours into the flag!!!!
All us pirates will also be happy. :)
By the way, hate collingwood, hate All blacks, but this has nothing to do with that, this is about the Ausfish Flag!!!
Dale

gruntahunta
28-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Has Steve got back to anyone with a YES or no. A YES would be great.

Hey Barra...I have not heard anything from Ausfish or Daki....they must be busy. maybe if a few send Ausfish a PM to let him know we want this to happen sooner better than later, we might get his attention.

barra71
28-09-2012, 04:53 PM
will do mate..

barra71
30-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Bump..............

gruntahunta
01-10-2012, 06:44 AM
bump............ waiting waiting

barra71
01-10-2012, 08:05 AM
well the grass is still growing sort of

ozynorts
01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Steve has responded in the other thread about the colour. Check it out

LittleSkipper
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
When is the Poll going to end?

gruntahunta
03-10-2012, 04:55 PM
When is the Poll going to end?

Hi Littleskipper...not sure how to end it...any ideas?...I think we have enough votes in now for Steve to decide what colours to make them.... I believe he will put them up for sale in the prducts section but I am sure he will let everyone know how to get one.

I have sent a PM to Steve AUSFISH asking if the poll has had long enough for him to decide & to end it if he thinks that is the case.

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 05:03 PM
What I would like to know is 107 votes enough to decide the outcome. There are currently 193 members online. How many members are there on this forum? If there are only 107 people interested enough to vote and 22 votes is the leading colour combo so far then it isn't very comprehensive. I have voted and I will buy one but will the other 106 people who voted buy one if it doesn't come in the combo they voted for? :)

gruntahunta
03-10-2012, 05:28 PM
What I would like to know is 107 votes enough to decide the outcome. There are currently 193 members online. How many members are there on this forum? If there are only 107 people interested enough to vote and 22 votes is the leading colour combo so far then it isn't very comprehensive. I have voted and I will buy one but will the other 106 people who voted buy one if it doesn't come in the combo they voted for? :)

Ozynorts...What is your solution?

ozynorts
03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I was one of those who suggested a poll and was hoping it would be more comprehensive than it has been. Are there really only 107 people wanting flags? cmon people vote!!!!

Tangles
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
i reckon Grunta make an executive decision otherwise it will drag on forever,

its either right or wrong so you have 50% chance of making the right one, main thing is people will get a flag if they so choose,

its a bit like the choice of whether you put Ausfish stickers on your boat, i havent yet on 2 boats as never got around to it. i wonder how long those stickers last for? i have a few pairs lying around over the years and may get motivated

Boat Hog
04-10-2012, 05:12 AM
A straight forward poll where you pick your one favourite is unaustralian.

Maybe if the poll allowed us a first choice and a second preference then Green would have a chance of succeeding! ;)

gruntahunta
04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
A straight forward poll where you pick your one favourite is unaustralian.

Maybe if the poll allowed us a first choice and a second preference then Green would have a chance of succeeding! ;)

Boat Hog...The poll is a muli choice Poll...You could have chosen more than one flag.....

Muddy Toes
04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Wasn't wasted on me Jim.

gruntahunta
04-10-2012, 08:19 AM
I have sent a PM to MOD5 to end the poll...We are now waiting for Steve Ausfish to let us know what colour he will have made & to get it up on the products page and start taking preorders.

Boat Hog
04-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Boat Hog...The poll is a muli choice Poll...You could have chosen more than one flag.....

Thanks - Will check the details next time!

Glad someone got it Anthony!!

gruntahunta
12-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Just thought I would resurface this one....just for Boat Hog..... clearly he loves scrolling through old polls.....

LittleSkipper
12-05-2013, 07:03 AM
This one died and went to flag heaven!

Boat Hog
12-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Maybe we need some way of flagging tired old flogged to death polls?!!! ;D :o :D

thelump
12-05-2013, 09:01 PM
How good are Yamahas!

rosco1974
12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
yamaha's are shit and this thread is dead