PDA

View Full Version : I Need to buy a second hand Tandem Boat trailer in Melbourne area.

Vobby78
20-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Hello All,

I live in Melbourne on the peninsula.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I am looking to buy a trailer for my 1990 Pride Sunseeker 22ft. The trailer I have at the moment is totally the wrong set up. I tried taking the family out on the week end but the boat just wouldnt budge off the trailer (nightmare). The boat is sitting way to high off the trailer/ground and their is no room for adjusting down. The edge of the boat sits about 950mm off the ground which makes launching nearly impossible.

I would really appreciate it if anyone knows of someone that is looking to sell a trailer. It would need to be a tandem setup and rated to at least 2 tonnes. Registered or not I dont mind as (i can get it registered) long as it is in good working condition. trailer would be ideal if it fits a 6.7m boat.

Look forward to hearing from anyone!

P.S My budget is tight to say the least!

cormorant
20-09-2012, 11:22 PM
do some closer up photos , front , side and stern and you may get some suggestions on what you can do with the existing trailer and it may be as simple as a drawbar extension. If the existing trailer is solid it may be a lot cheaper to work with it a sit is a known quantity rather than someone elses problem.

You already have small wheels and that boat will need a deep launch on a steeper ramp. .

First thing I'd do is run the boat and trailer over the weighbridge so you know if you are legal weight or need to go for a different braking system.

Jarrah Jack
21-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Where are you on the peninsula? I'm there as well and may be able to have a look at it for you. If the lot is over 2 tonne then your search will be more difficult.