PDA

View Full Version : Listing a boat for sale, what sites?

ozlongboarder
19-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm selling my Bertram 25 runabout. I have listed it on boatpoint, boatsales and boatsonline. I have also put an add up on Ausfish : http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1003

Any other sites I should list it on?

Chamelion
19-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Gumtree - I got most of my hits from there, but be wary of scammers. They're easy to identify though, they'll be SMS messages asking YOU to email THEM.

Facebook - Every town tends to have multiple buy/sell groups operating via facebook. Hervey Bay, a small town, has nearly a dozen with member sizes ranging from a couple of hundred to many thousands.. Mine sold via this method.

Trading post - Less useful than it used to be, but still worth placing an advertisement in there.

Kero
20-09-2012, 07:08 AM
I just sold my Cruise Craft a couple of months ago. I listed it on Boatsales, Trading Post, Gumtree & Ausfish.
Boatsales (Carsales), which is the same company as Boatpoint, was the most expensive at over $100? (can't remember exactly). Trading post was about $40 but they offer your money back if not sold in 4 weeks. Gumtree & Ausfish are free.
If you list on Boatsales, I'm pretty sure they also list it on Boatpoint as part of the deal. All sites (bar Ausfish) attracted both genuine & scam enquiries. I found that Gumtree tended to attract people "on a budget" with stupid offers. I ended up selling it through Boatsales.

Chamelion
20-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I just sold my Cruise Craft a couple of months ago. I listed it on Boatsales, Trading Post, Gumtree & Ausfish.
Boatsales (Carsales), which is the same company as Boatpoint, was the most expensive at over $100? (can't remember exactly). Trading post was about $40 but they offer your money back if not sold in 4 weeks. Gumtree & Ausfish are free.
If you list on Boatsales, I'm pretty sure they also list it on Boatpoint as part of the deal. All sites (bar Ausfish) attracted both genuine & scam enquiries. I found that Gumtree tended to attract people "on a budget" with stupid offers. I ended up selling it through Boatsales.

You sold your cruisecraft?!

Kero
20-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes Matt, my baby is gone... it was a sad day for me, leaving me feeling empty & lost.
Never fear though, because I have a new boat in my sights!

PinHead
20-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Listed a boat a few years back on Boatpoint....sold in under 2 months to a bloke in Victoria

Sold tinny on trading Post..took one week.