PDA

View Full Version : Rust Bullet

copie
18-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi all just wondering if anyone has used a product called Rust Bullet on their traileror knows much about the product.

Mark

cormorant
19-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Haven't heard of it before. Had a quick look at the website but didn't have time to see how it works. A lot of rust coatings don't like salt water, don't like gal metal , some aren't UV protected, need perfect preparation etc etc. Couldn't see straight up if it is a poly, epoxy or what? Maybe I need to have a read of teh MSDS and teh patents. . Be interested if anyone knows of it and how much it costs locally.

kind_cir
19-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Seen it and thought it may be worth a try. Apparantly as long as all the flaky rust is removed, it does it's job. Works by penatrating the metal, and locking out the moisture.

The-easyrider
19-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I am going to treat my trailer with it when I get back from airlie beach ;D which will drag out to November because I will find better things to do than paint trailers.::) I figure that if I can get a few more years out of my trailer for a couple of hundred bucks I will have a go8-)

TheRealAndy
20-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Anything that stops oxygen getting to the metal will work. I guess they are claiming their paint does a better job of it. Briefly reading over the stuff on their website, it looks like it might be a urethane based paint, which is typically what is used in industrial coating you will find on bridges, ships, oil rigs and the like.

In comparison to using nothing, I reckon you will find this stuff pretty good. I do question the claims that you dont need to remove the rust first, however I guess that as long as it adheres and does not crack or deform then it should be fine. I would still attempt to remove as much rust as possible.