PDA

View Full Version : Tilt noise

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Any thoughts? The noise is coming from the tilt cylinder and is not from dry tilt rod ends etc.

If its just a matter of lubrication of the tilt shaft what is the recommended lubricant?

Thanks

Can't get the video to load up...I give up>:(

xUtlcpfj_Oc

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 03:23 PM

fisho8
14-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Mine does the same thing sometimes under load what it is I have been told Crunchy is air pockets trapped in the tilt shaft. Not a hell of alot you can do about it really other the replace it. I am not sure if they do a seal kit or they come as a full unit.

tenzing
14-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Mine too,
Brand new out of the box

finga
14-09-2012, 05:03 PM
What sort of noise?
Like a sprit, sprit, sprit like using a spray bottle?

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 07:30 PM
What sort of noise?
Like a sprit, sprit, sprit like using a spray bottle?

Yeh well if I could get friggin YouTube videos to load up you could hear it for yourself...it's a dry graunching noise...I'm happy to try lubricating the shaft if I know what to use but given I've never had to lube it before I don't think that is the issue. The sound is coming from the cylinder

Cheers
Crunchy

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 07:36 PM
If anyone can be bothered the you tube video can be found by searching "noisy tilt" By "bre dug"

Ta

WalrusLike
14-09-2012, 07:47 PM
The link works now. Mine sometimes makes a similar noise.

fisho8
14-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Crunchy I would get that look at mate that does not sound too good at all I have never heard that sort of noise before or seen it mate. If you find out let us know what the issue is.

Dicktracey
14-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Suzuki dealer told me that was a built in optional option that wasn't optional :(
I have tried everything mate my Df140 does it as well

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Suzuki dealer told me that was a built in optional option that wasn't optional :(
I have tried everything mate my Df140 does it as well

Eh? I mean it hasn't done this until recently, tell the zuk dealer to get a realty check...

Crunchy
14-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Crunchy I would get that look at mate that does not sound too good at all I have never heard that sort of noise before or seen it mate. If you find out let us know what the issue is.

Yeh for sure, I'm not too perturbed about it though, been out a few times and it all works good as gold, just sounds a bit focked up...

Spaniard_King
14-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Put the engine up on the support lock.. remove the top pin and grease the nylon bushes... sounds like they are dry,, then email me I will send u my adress for the 6 pack delivery :)

fisho8
14-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Spaniard to the rescue thanks Garry what would this place be without you mate.:)

Dicktracey
15-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Thanks Gary if we can organise a service mate I would be glad to shout you a six pack that noise drives me mad ;)

johncar
15-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Yeah I had a similar sound on my 150 Yammie not long out of the box and after a bit of process of elimination including the ram bushes which were all good but in my case it turned out to be the engines main horizontal pivot tube or whatever its called. Has a big nyloc nut either side of the engine where the steering mounts etc. It was overly tight causing the binding and creaking sound when tilting. I just backed off the nut a quarter of a turn and fixed it instantly.
Good luck with yours..

Crunchy
15-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Put the engine up on the support lock.. remove the top pin and grease the nylon bushes... sounds like they are dry,, then email me I will send u my adress for the 6 pack delivery :)

Yeh thanks Garry, you did my last service and more than likely be doing the next so rather than send a six pack I'll sit down and join ya!

Couldn't get the circlip off (bloody strong) need the right tool, tried a big flat bladed screw driver but that was just going to result in paint damage....will see if maintenance bloke at work has one. Just rotating the pin seemed to help it, not doing the noise right now.

Cheers
Crunchy

Lancair
15-09-2012, 10:11 AM
The noise is fairly common with ETEC too. AFAIK and from reading on the Etec forums, its do mainly to do with the correct torqueing of the the tilt tube and of course correct lubrication of same. Over tight or dry and its noisy.