PDA

View Full Version : large trawler seen going home

Andy56
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Ok guys, i have been reading on another forum about labor scum for allowing this large vessel in the southern parts of australia, now that TA wont support the proposed ban ( by dissagreeing with the proposed ban) , is he going to get his head kicked too?
my point is, dont get too hung up on one side of politics or the other, they are equally inept. But be very carefull who you see as a saviour because it can so easily turn to bite!
To get the best outcomes we need to be "inside the nest" so to speak. So , in future , can we have less heat and more civilised discussions? Turning it into a labor/liberals no good for fishing is very short term considering that they come and go at regular intervals
Did anyone north of the vic/nsw border even care? As for marine parks, us people south of the border probably felt the same about you guys. is there a disconnect? I certainly got turned off by the very biased and heated headlines. Whats the middle point, whats the reality? Does anyone have a full grasp of the situation or are we all stuck in a corner sulking?

ShaneC
12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Um..... What????

finga
13-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Basically he wants talk of one particular party or another to stop as they're both as bad each other (inept) and we should simply concern ourselves with what is best for the great past-time of fishing.
He's also asked if we (people north of the Victorian border) knew, or cared, about this boat before it came to the sunshine state.

I think.

Axl
13-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok guys, i have been reading on another forum about labor scum for allowing this large vessel in the southern parts of australia, now that TA wont support the proposed ban ( by dissagreeing with the proposed ban) , is he going to get his head kicked too?
my point is, dont get too hung up on one side of politics or the other, they are equally inept. But be very carefull who you see as a saviour because it can so easily turn to bite!
To get the best outcomes we need to be "inside the nest" so to speak. So , in future , can we have less heat and more civilised discussions? Turning it into a labor/liberals no good for fishing is very short term considering that they come and go at regular intervals
Did anyone north of the vic/nsw border even care? As for marine parks, us people south of the border probably felt the same about you guys. is there a disconnect? I certainly got turned off by the very biased and heated headlines. Whats the middle point, whats the reality? Does anyone have a full grasp of the situation or are we all stuck in a corner sulking?

I am not to sure anyone has had a full grasp of this old mate whether they be labour/liberal and or you:-? or me:P for that fact. But at the end of the day that fish kiling machine is going away;D, which I personaly believe is a good thing;).

johncar
13-09-2012, 08:07 PM
yes send it packing and any other mass wild fish killing or trawling device. I am up North and protested every opportunity I could to anyone who would listen and to both sides of government, hard to believe that any government on this planet would be so irresponsible as to consider ocean vandalism on such a scale. I hope to see the day when they are all gone, big or small.

randell
13-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Just listening to question time today on radio on the subject..........................
What a f*$k up ...
Seems like the gave that big trawler a ban for 2 years........................what can they come back after that...
But apparently they were invited, and now we have to pay compensation for time and fuel. For there involvement..

I'm just listening to radio question time in parliament ...........
randell

SunnyCoastMark
14-09-2012, 01:13 PM
They were invited??!! :o:o>:(- what idiot did that? and why.........>:(

Too many Morons - not enough bullets.....................

Someone definitely needs a snapper up backside of head...............

Mark

Lancair
15-09-2012, 03:41 PM
As it appears to have turned out, as I see it. AFMA stuffed up, by allowing one of the owners of Seafish Tas, to sit in on discussions about quotas for fishing when he had delcared a conflict of interest. Seems to be a legal wrangling over a technical point. Dont hold your breath thinking this is the last we'll hear about this.