PDA

View Full Version : plenty of crabs about but...

Swanie1975
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
hi all, the neighbour and i threw out our pots sat arvo at diff spots around paradise point, coomera and across to south straddie in the broadwater for a soak. thought if leave them out in the open this time they might not get played with by others:-?.

picked them up again today and this plan seemed to work well with crabs in all bar one that was opened up before we got there>:( so out of 7 unmolested pots we got 28 crabs;D the only prob being that all the buggers were big jennies or just undersize bucks. all were muddies except for one blue swimmer in the last and that was a good size but female as well doh!

are female swimmers very drab compared to the male -is this normal?

hope others have better luck with the sizes anyway but at least there are plenty out there on the move. will give it another crack during the week.

cheers ryan

rosco1974
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
pitty bout the crabs mate..keep at it and am sure you ill be rewarded soon.there deffinatly showing up

i put 12 pots out yesterday with my youngfella and mick we pulled them today for 3 keeper sandies and 5 good keeper muddies biggest went 7 and 1/2 inches across the shell where you measure them next went 7 couple at 6 3/4 inches and 1 just legal all good full crabs ..
cheers rosco

Captain Seaweed
09-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Rosco whats that in cm's?....I know what 8 inches looks :)

dnej
09-09-2012, 11:14 PM
skite, captain seaweed.

Scimitar raider
10-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Dare you to use that as a measure!

netmaker
10-09-2012, 07:50 AM
i thought he was taller than that...