PDA

View Full Version : Woooohoooooo

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok so I am excited. After a marathon trip down to Brisbane yesterday I have the boat home.
6.30am left Agnes, down to Brisbane northside, traded in the old Kia Rio, took a curtesy car down to Burleigh and picked up the boat. Back to Strathpine and changed cars and up to Sunny Coast for the night. Left Sunny coast this morning and got home at 2.30pm this afternoon. The boat towed beautifully and the 1994 Pajero I picked up did very well getting me home..
A big thank you to Tim at Coastal Power boats for everything. Also to Honda900 and The Lump for all their help and advice.
A big thank you to everyone of you that ever answered a question I asked whilst going through the selection and elimination process.

My wife has asked if we can go out tomorrow. You better believe we can.:D:D:D:D:D

hilta1
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Photos please!!! Well done and congrats, how spoilt are you? New boat, live in Agnes and a wife that lets you spend money on a boat and still remains happy!!!!!

WalrusLike
07-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Ripper ozy. I am sure you will have a ball. It's a great feeling eh.... and the weather looks good. :)

I can't recall.... is this your first boat or had em before?

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
First boat this size. My dad had a 23ft boat when we were growing up.

Prowl n Wolf
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
awesome oz! well done mate.

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Photo's

Prowl n Wolf
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
nice look'n rig oz. look forward to seeing it next week.

fishfeeder
07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Congrads Ozy, nice looking rig..

Cheers
Brett

Goodoo haven
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Congrats Ozy. I hope that you will be very happy with it. I'm sure you will be happy with it because it looks to be a very nice rig mate

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Photos please!!! Well done and congrats, how spoilt are you? New boat, live in Agnes and a wife that lets you spend money on a boat and still remains happy!!!!!

Hey hilta, it gets better. I am a stay at home dad. She even paid for it!!!!!

Crunchy
07-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Now your just taking the piss!

OODIES
07-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Awesome stuff Ozy, I would have to sleep in it 1st night...LOL
Nice looking Rig Mate....Enjoy

BINGO

Tickleish
07-09-2012, 04:55 PM

Your living the dream brother!!

The whole rig looks great and you've shopped well, its all worth the wait when it all comes together like you've done it.

You'll have to ditch the kids and we'll do a few week day sessions, I'm comming up early october for a weekday assualt.

SunnyCoastMark
07-09-2012, 04:56 PM

We bow down to your greatness oh enlightened one - please teach us how we can ascend to such a place.................:P

Mark

Gon Fishun
07-09-2012, 04:58 PM
HA ha, stay at home Dad. You have been sucked in , she bought the boat for herself. ;D
Nice boat. Bit envious. :P

fishfeeder
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Ozynorts, Muddy toes is up there this week if your want to follow someone around for your first few outings.

Cheers
Brett

hilta1
07-09-2012, 05:03 PM
And they reckon ive got it good!!!! will be back up 1770 in October, just had 2 weeks there and now back in Tassie, roll on the next few weeks!!

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Your living the dream brother!!

The whole rig looks great and you've shopped well, its all worth the wait when it all comes together like you've done it.

You'll have to ditch the kids and we'll do a few week day sessions, I'm comming up early october for a weekday assualt.
Let me know the dates. sounds good

barra71
07-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Good on ya ozynorts, congratz on the whole setup looks sweet, enjoy..

thelump
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Unreal Hadyn. I am stoked for you mate. It is one of the best feelings in the world getting a toy like that. Cant wait to see it at the M&G mate. It looks awesome!

WalrusLike
07-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Mate you are probably the most envied bloke on here at the moment.

If its your first boat this size may I suggest reading the 'Mistakes I have made' thread? You will learn from mine and others mistakes and so avoid a few yourself.

Not saying you need it... But a refresher is always a good idea. :)

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?183907-Mistakes-I-have-made

I hope you and the missus and the new mistress are all very happy and have lots of fun together.

fisho8
07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Well done OZY good to see you got it mate now enjoy it mate your in one of the best places to enjoy it mate get out there and get into it.:)

Boat Hog
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice one Ozy. Congrats mate - enjoy!!

ozynorts
07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey Walrus, that was a good read. Thanks mate.

WalrusLike
07-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Your welcome.... It's so good that others shared.... Even tonight to see that new one... don't leave the muffs on! :)

Smithy
07-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Congratulations! The first thing I can see that you need to do is rig up a chain/turnbuckle setup back to your safety chain and D shackle so that in an accident it helps you boat sliding forward and knocking over the winch post. Do a loop over that cross member which is 90 degrees to the drawbar. At the moment you are relying on keeping it all together with your winch antireverse and a pretty skinny looking winch post. Get the chains all setup right and you can even take a bit of weight off the winch. Get yourself some Spectra rope for the cable too and replace the wire.

Scalem
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Congrats! You will enjoy your boat I can guarantee it, same as mine, even the colour!! :o There will be a few photos of you and the finance director sporting some nice fish soon, looking forward to seeing them.

Good choice!

Scalem

MyWay
07-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Congratulations and happy boating
very nice looking rig

WalrusLike
08-09-2012, 07:29 AM
......so that in an accident it helps you boat sliding forward and knocking over the winch post. .....

You mean like this? :)

Boat Hog
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Just bumped into Ozy back from his trip out! Sweet boat. (Small place Agnes Water)

I left him washing it down, but I won't steal his thunder - I'll let him tell all about the first trip out!

ozynorts
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey gang. Yep just saw Jim and had a chat.
We had a great day today. First launch went well. Had a guy offer to help release the boat which was appreciated. We headed over to Bustard Head and had a picnic in Pancake creek on the boat. I wasn't brave enough to try and get into the shore. We then headed out into Bustard Bay and headed for middle creek to have a look as we haven't been there yet. As we were heading away we decided to troll a couple of lines and what do you know I hooked up. After some initial frenzy we got the second line in without tangles and I attempted to land a .............. Marlin. Yeah baby......... I lost him on one of his many jumps. The family and myself were blown away by even hooking one. We tried again but no luck. We then saw a pod of dolphins smashing a school of bait. The kids loved it. We then headed around the front of 1770 and found a school of bait getting hit and tried again but other than a couple of hits we had no hookups.
The boat was brilliant and I am going to have some fun learning how to trim properly. My wife can be prone to sea sickness but I mentioned to her about the ear plug in one ear and she never felt crook once. Big bonus.
Overall it was a great first day and we even got my wife on and off the boat on the pontoon without any bumps or scrapes. The retrieve was a little anxious but we just took our time and I nudged it onto the trailer and my wife hooked it up and started winding it on as I gave a little hp help. Once it was about half on I killed the motor and wound it on the rest of the way.
We are looking like going out again tomorrow.

Goodoo haven
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Good on ya Haydn. I am happy for you.

I am glad that you got the boat you wanted after all the looking you did.

Enjoy your boating/fishing in it.

doctorbob
08-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Nice work Ozzy I will give you a buzz next time I'm in Rosedale
Rob

hooknpull
08-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Marlin on the 1st outing? That doubles what your boat is worth.. The boat catches fish! Thanks for the read and hope you enjoy your new rig! Cheers
Aaron

WalrusLike
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
That sure is sounding like a lucky, happy vessel. Great result, glad to hear it.

It's pure gold isn't it.... Gotta love messing around in beautiful waters in your own boat. :)