PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a crane truck

No Fear
06-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Gday all,

I am giving my engine the full once over and am looking at removing the engine. It is an inboard diesel and the boat is on an unregistered trailer, so towing it somewhere is not an option (well legally anyway).
I have tried a few crane truck places who are all too busy and dont return calls or email ( what GFC??)

Anyway, if someone has access to a crane truck (or a forklift somewhere close and I will sneak the boat down the road :-X) it would be appreciated. I will have everything disconnected so it will simply require lifting it out and swinging it onto the back of my ute.

Planning on doing it in the next couple of weeks, on the weekend preferrably but weekday is fine. Hopefully someone can borrow the work truck for some $$$$$$. Boat is located at Sandgate

Worst case I will drive it up to Redcliffe and sort it up there ( and empty my bank as well).
Any help would be sweet!!

barra71
06-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey old mate get a Excavator in to lift it out. so easy if the operator is any good and fast too..
about a 5-8 ton digger will do it with no probs at all, and should cost under $ 200.00. there would be someone local that can do it for ya.
if all setup should only take 30 mins at the most, thats unload the digger lift the motor out and load back up again.

pescados
06-09-2012, 02:45 PM
if you are hard up, there is always the block and tackle.
Just another option.

The-easyrider
07-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Would be cheap with a frana as well

No Fear
07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks all, got it sorted - Mr Excavator man is all over it!! Done and dusted. Thanks