PDA

View Full Version : what to do with 900 hp on a windy day

Swanie1975
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
i took my folks out for a river cruise seeing as the wind was blowing too much to get them outside (they are getting on a bit with bad joints etc;)). cruised up the nerang river past budds beach around past the titanium bar and came across this anchored in the channel.
a 37 foot sucker with 3 x 300 hp mercs sitting on the back;D.

went on a fair bit further and came across a dredge in one of the back channels and the fishfinder went beserk all around his outflow tube area and heres me without a rod on board to try my luck:(.i didnt get pics of the couple of topless sunbakers on their pontoon but the old man and i copped an eyeful lol;D

on the way back out downriver heading to loders creek the guy driving the 900 hp beast pulled anchor and moved off in front. when he was putting power on all you could see from behind was the cabin of the boat - the motors all but disappeared behind a wall of water as it dug its bum in before getting up and going. i guess he hit the 40 knot mark pretty quick:P the guy drove responsibly and even waited for big gaps in between boats
till he could give it a squirt - i would of struggled with the temptation myself lol.

came across him later on in the broady as well must of been out and had a little play - half his luck. my oldies had a great day out and i was just happy to be on the water midweek with so little traffic and not a muppet in sight;)

cheers ryan

wayno60
06-09-2012, 01:23 AM
mate, up some of those back canals theres some boys with big toys...thru the week would be the only time to bring them out safely.....sounds like you had a good day and NO Rods?????? i alway take at least one...

Swanie1975
06-09-2012, 09:50 AM
ive learnt the hard way not to have anything sharp around my old man - one of the funniest things ive ever seen happen on a boat was him reeling in a silver slug a bit quick and wearing the treble on the end of his nose;D, and its not a small snozz either lol.

wayno youre right about some of the toys tucked away in the back canals off main river, interesting to see how some live. very seldom seems to be people out enjoying what theyve got in their backyards tho:-?. im up in the middle of the night with a newborn - whats your excuse?

cheers ryan

wayno60
06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
finished work at 10pm so now is catch up time with everything www.

Spaniard_King
06-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Swanie, was that not a 32ft Boston whaler "outrage"

The owner a short Blond haired guy. next time wave... his name is Anthony :)

He took ownership of it 2 weeks back, will be going for a run shortly.. will get a few picks for ya :)

Hossfish
08-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm just glad I'm not paying the fuel bill for the beast;

Safe boating to all.

Regards Greg

Swanie1975
08-09-2012, 09:40 AM
hi Garry, i thought it was 37 on the side but it wouldnt be the first time ive been wrong (dont tell my wife lol), pretty sure youre right it was called outrage. maybe im getting old, could be time for glasses.:o
id love to see any pics or video of that beast in action would be awesome. he was driving considerately to others - not like loads of the other big boys toys you come across

what would the fuel burn be on those? bugger it who cares ha ha;D

cheers ryan