PDA

View Full Version : Seaquest Marine

fisho8
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Dropped my boat off to Troy yesterday to have my engine serviced and sounder fitted. All I have to say and this is not a plug it is the the truth first impressions were great from the start the shop layout is very well set up with various marine products and troy has just put Hummingbird sounders in the shop to sell. Warren came out to say hi and had a look at my boat and we started to have a chat about things I showed him what I wanted done and where I wanted the sounder set up and it was not a drama at all. We then started to chat about my outboard and Warren asked when I last had it serviced. I had said I had own the boat for over a year and I was waitng for the 100 hrs to come up but he recommended me to get it done while I was there. I asked him what it would cost and he went and saw Troy came back out and told me. Now the price I got quoted by another Merc dealer to do this service was $480 plus parts. Troys Labour price was over $100 cheaper to do plus parts which I was very happy with. Warren offered to take on a tour of the place and it is an awsome set up the shop has 3 seperate areas one for performance installs which includes and engine building room the second part is set up for paint and boat repairs and the thrid is Warrens workshop which is totally dedicated to the mum and dad boat servicing and installs. The place is spotless and very well kept and presented all the guys down there are friendly and some of the boats he has in there are mind blowing I tried not to droool on them too much. I am very impressed with this place and if more marine outlets were as friendly and well price like this place is the marine industry would be in very good shape. It is great to be dealing with such a professional outfit and with people who are straight shooters and no bullshit. I am very fussy about where I leave my boat and who touches it but I had no issue whatsoever in leaving it there with the good feeling I had about the place. As far as I see it they have a customer for life and I have not even got my boat back yet. Thanks in advance Troy and I will be looking forward to getting my boat back mate.:)

Cheers Mick.

kingcray
04-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Mick thanks heaps for that mate, im taking my tinny there for first service in 12 months either tomorrow or the next day before i head to Iluka on friday arvo. Might even get them to do one or 2 wiring jobs if they can get it done quick enough. The girl i spoke to on the phone sounded switched on and gave me a really good price also.
Cheers

fisho8
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
well you will see what I mean Deano you will see my rig down there then mate it is clearwater walk around with the black sides. Get warren to show you around the place.:)

kingcray
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
will do and ill take a sticky beak at ur rig too make sure theyre looking after it ;D

LittleSkipper
04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks like someone forgot to do a thread search before starting a new one? (See below link)...But hey! The more plug SeaQuest gets? The better I guess! Good job SeaQuest.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?186511-SeaQuest-Performance&p=1410213

fisho8
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry LS didn't see that mate and yeah the more support they get the better. Very good operation mate.

Troy Wood
06-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Mick and LittleSkipper, Thank you very much for the kind words. Really appreciate that customers can see the effort and quality we work very very hard to produce.
Greatly appreciated and glad we are able to leave a positive impression. Troy Wood.

fisho8
06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Credit where credit is due Troy see you this afternoon mate.

kingcray
06-09-2012, 01:58 PM
im not going to be able to make it (busy at work right now would you believe) lol, will have to be after the holiday.

fisho8
06-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Got the boat back today with the new chart plotter fitted everything was fitted very neatly and the boat was cleaned and detailed for me so it was spotless when I picked it up engine services are up to date which I am happy with as I bought the boat SHso it was good to know. I had a drama with one of my trailer wheels a piece of wire was lodged one of the rear tyres and the tyre was deflating I must have picked it up dropping the boat down there Troy got one of the boys to take it off and took it up the road and fixed it for me free of charge just made a great experiance even better well done the guys at Seaquest and thankyou for a job well done. I forgot to mention in my first post troy is putting in MinKota electric motors in his shop aswell.

Cheers Mick.

Jakers 69
06-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Good to read positive feedback, all locals need to support them.

fisho8
13-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Dropping the boat back down to Troy tomorrow to get a keel guard put on Troy was kind enough to let me try an Enertia Prop on my engine as I was wanting something a bit differant to the Vengance one that was on there made a good lot of differance so I am keeping it got over $100 discount off the prop which was good and have got a good price on the Keel guard to Warren even threw in a a little extra he had at home to make the shift on the gears a little bit less harsh to. I am not over exagerating here but the service down there is second to none.:)

kind_cir
13-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey Fisho8, is he doing you good deals, and looking after you on the proviso, you give him a good wrap on here ?

fisho8
13-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Kind_cir I can understand why you have asked the question but I will say this any business who looks after me I will give a good wrap weather it be troy or anyother marine business I have given a wrap to more than 1 business on here. Troy is a local operator who does things for the love of the industry and not his back pocket good thing about him from what I have gathered is he is not greedy like most people are. He runs a small operation and can afford to pass savings on to poeple. He is not a dealer in boats to a certain extent. Troy has maily focussed on the performance side of things but now has a dediacted service centre that does have a small chanderly. I can see how it may come across this way mate but I have no dramas in helping local business get there name out there if they are genuine in what they tell me and how they treat their customers and all the dealings I have had with them have been positive. I will pay my way like the next bloke and if someone looks after me sure I will give them a good wrap becuase they deserve the credit when it is due. I got given a good deal on the prop which was good but was quoted the same at another Merc dealer and I am paying full price for the Keel guard. How many marine dealer have you delt with that have let you try a $700+ prop before you buy it to make sure you are happy with it before you buy it. If a mod thought I was advertising a business they would have deleted this thread but why would you not give praise to a business who will go out of threr way to look after people especially in todays climate. Credit where credit is due mate. go see it for yourself.:)

Dicktracey
13-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Mick and LittleSkipper, Thank you very much for the kind words. Really appreciate that customers can see the effort and quality we work very very hard to produce.
Greatly appreciated and glad we are able to leave a positive impression. Troy Wood.
Troy are you guys Suzuki service agents as well ?
Need a 100hr on a DF140 next couple of weeks.
Cheers
Dick

kind_cir
14-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Kind_cir I can understand why you have asked the question but I will say this any business who looks after me I will give a good wrap weather it be troy or anyother marine business I have given a wrap to more than 1 business on here. Troy is a local operator who does things for the love of the industry and not his back pocket good thing about him from what I have gathered is he is not greedy like most people are. He runs a small operation and can afford to pass savings on to poeple. He is not a dealer in boats to a certain extent. Troy has maily focussed on the performance side of things but now has a dediacted service centre that does have a small chanderly. I can see how it may come across this way mate but I have no dramas in helping local business get there name out there if they are genuine in what they tell me and how they treat their customers and all the dealings I have had with them have been positive. I will pay my way like the next bloke and if someone looks after me sure I will give them a good wrap becuase they deserve the credit when it is due. I got given a good deal on the prop which was good but was quoted the same at another Merc dealer and I am paying full price for the Keel guard. How many marine dealer have you delt with that have let you try a $700+ prop before you buy it to make sure you are happy with it before you buy it. If a mod thought I was advertising a business they would have deleted this thread but why would you not give praise to a business who will go out of threr way to look after people especially in todays climate. Credit where credit is due mate. go see it for yourself.:)

That's great news to hear, thank you, glad he's doing good for all and not just those who will score him points.

Little skipper, I noticed you disliked my question, so here is some corrispondance from Troy which makes my question a valid one.

Kind cir, I deal in Clark Aluminiumn Boats and the V nose is very popular.
If you are interested I am selling the Clark line at the most competitive prices. Have a look at www.clarkboats.com.au. If there is one on there you
Are interested in I will price it for you at cost. We are just getting rolling in boat sales. Always done service and I believe a great deal with good honest customer service is the best kind of advertising. The only catch is if you are happy is to give us a good wrap. Good recommendations and positive word of mouth is the best kind of advertising. We are located at 306 Duffield rd Clontarf 4019. Seaquest Performance 07 3889 3033. Look forward to your reply. Troy.

I realy hope Troy does well in the biz.

fisho8
14-09-2012, 07:24 AM
So Kind_cir a bloke has approached you to offer the services of his business and has offered you a good deal....you take him up on his offer and go down there get a good deal so why would you not give a good wrap to someone who has stayed true to his word. Looking after people is a good way to advertise your business and get your name out there why wouldn't you. How many threads have you seen on here where people have posted up bad experiances with marine service centres and dealers. Sure I have been looked after..... we all should be looked after if we give someone our business no matter what industry they are in. If more boat dealers and service centres had the same attitude as troy and his business then you would see alot more positive feedback all I have seen latley on here is negative feedback on some marine businesses why not hear some positive stuff for a change.:)

kind_cir
14-09-2012, 04:37 PM
So Kind_cir a bloke has approached you to offer the services of his business and has offered you a good deal....you take him up on his offer and go down there get a good deal so why would you not give a good wrap to someone who has stayed true to his word. Looking after people is a good way to advertise your business and get your name out there why wouldn't you. How many threads have you seen on here where people have posted up bad experiances with marine service centres and dealers. Sure I have been looked after..... we all should be looked after if we give someone our business no matter what industry they are in. If more boat dealers and service centres had the same attitude as troy and his business then you would see alot more positive feedback all I have seen latley on here is negative feedback on some marine businesses why not hear some positive stuff for a change.:)

I'm realy glad there are those in the industy that look after their customers, and are happy Troy at Seaquest is one of them. You are right, in saying there are way too many that deserve the negitive feedback.

When someone gives me a good deal or good service, I am happy to tell all. But the question had to be asked by me as he had offered a good deal, but with a catch, and that was I give them a good wrap. I was just wondering if you were talking him up, because he had asked you to, or you were realy that happy, that you took it apon youreself to broadcast good words.

It appears in your case, you have realy found a genuniely good business to deal with, and I aplude seaquest marine for treating you well.

fisho8
14-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks mate I would not keep harping on the place if I did not mean it haha I am big on looking after local business to. Cheers mate.

Troy Wood
17-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Kind Cir, The Offer Still Applies! Majority of the people we have been dealing with are cautious about dealings with boat dealer/ service centres cause of being burned and ask whats the catch? If you read between the lines there are two catches in your message, first one being you get a better than good deal and the second one being we get a happy long term customer who tells his mates and comes back for repeated honest service! Hope to hear from you soon? Just got some super priced deals in on Clark Boat Packages.

kind_cir
17-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Kind Cir, The Offer Still Applies! Majority of the people we have been dealing with are cautious about dealings with boat dealer/ service centres cause of being burned and ask whats the catch? If you read between the lines there are two catches in your message, first one being you get a better than good deal and the second one being we get a happy long term customer who tells his mates and comes back for repeated honest service! Hope to hear from you soon? Just got some super priced deals in on Clark Boat Packages.

No worries Troy, but I have just purchased a used rig. It's got what I think is a 2010 suzuki dt30 on it. It's the same look as the current one on their web site.
Should I get it serviced and checked over first up,... What do you recomend, and how would I tell the year model of the outboard ?

LittleSkipper
18-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Just to put my 5 cents worth in I'm having the guys at SeaQuest fit my antenna base & unit to my boat this week...need I say anymore about the quality service received from these guys?

buggerit
26-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Seaquest has my boat at the moment . While talking to Troy on the phone and telling him I live in Warwick , he had me tow the boat to Moogerah Dam instead of all the way to Clontarf . He is going to take it back to Moogerah this weekend for me to collect . Now this is one very unexpected and very appreciated service . Many Thanks Troy.

fisho8
26-09-2012, 08:03 AM
That is what I mean Kev I was there when he was speaking to about your boat how many service centres do that I only know of 1 on the southside that does it. Hope the issues get fixed uop mate and you get back out on the water soon

Cheers Mick.

buggerit
26-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks Mick I really think it is the right hands this time .
Kev

LittleSkipper
26-09-2012, 07:12 PM
"OUTSTANDING" Service! Picked up my boat Friday last week after dropping it off to SeaQuest on Thursday for the VHF fitment and words cannot describe how extremely happy I am with the quality of service received...."IMPECCABLE"

kingcray
20-03-2013, 05:23 PM
would just like to add to the raps on these guys. Took my boat at long last down there this afternoon and met Warren had a good chat he showed me right around the premises, very clean organised operation and extremely helpful.
Motor is gettin a service, fitting new nav lights , anchor light and hooking sounder up along with a few other minor touch ups on the boat here and there. Must say i left feeling i was in good hands great to have a good crew locally

Dean

LittleSkipper
20-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes! These guys are second to none when it comes to keeping there customers happy. Late last year I required a hole cut into the top of the dash so I could fit a flush mount compass I'd bought.

This small task was done by Troy (in the stifling heat) whilst I was under the cuddy holding a plastic container underneath to catch all the plastic shavings

The cost? = $0.00 What else can I say?

I've also decided to upgrade my steering from mechanical to hydraulic so I don't need to say where I'll be taking my boat & the kit too?

eyeskeenas
20-03-2013, 08:25 PM
another Plug for Troy and his men, they service both my boats and i have been very happy with the service they have given me. Warren even dropped my boat off at my house when i was unable to get in to pick it up. there service work is awesome, warranty work was done with no hassles, aluminium work has been great. I must add that i am probably one of the worste customers you could have. the kind of bloke that picks things to bits and asks loads of stupid questions.
cheers Nathan.

fisho8
21-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Good to hear the positive experiances guys they are on the ball down there great to have an operation like this in the local area got my tinny serviced about 2 weeks ago and the engine runs great my other boat will be going back down soon to have another battery put in and a deckwash. Very good operation.:thumbsup:

kingcray
22-03-2013, 04:50 PM
just picked up the tinny. very happy as expected and a big thanks to warren and the team for looking after me.
Even got a discount cause im an ausfish member
Dean