PDA

View Full Version : 5.2 Kevlacat with 90 4 strokes

kaypee
04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I've read all the threads and post regarding repowering a 5.2 KC with heavier 4s and I know there has been a lot of talk about what you need to do etc

I think that if i was to go to the effort of repowering one i'd probably go the 90 Suzuki.
But has anyone actually gone to the trouble of getting the 1900 pods from Kevlacat and getting them fitted prior to fitting the new motors??
And if so, was the effort worth it and who helped?

From what i can see Kitty Kat has 90s on his but didn't fit the newer pods... are they not even necessary??

Just weighing up whether its a viable option and getting a 5.2 rather than just getting the 1900..

Thanks

Smithy
05-09-2012, 09:58 PM
You'd just have to weigh up that the 5.2s are getting long in the tooth now with regard trim, fittings, etc., etc. Not sure what fuel tanks are in the 1900s compared to the 5.2s but most 5.2s are only 120 litres a side which isn't much for a lot of trips meaning jerry cans on the deck. That could be a consideration for you. Sounds like all the light weight 4 bangers are fine and also the Ebombs on these boats.

kitty_cat
06-09-2012, 08:05 AM
hey mate happy to help with any questions you have on the 90 hp suzukis , my boat originally had the 75 hp honda carby motors which were in fact 18kg hevier per motor than the 90 hp suzukis so my boat allready had the larger pods on it from factory fit as new .

wont be disapointed if you go this way awsome package .