PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Will Pay either money or Alcohol

fisho8
01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Well I finally got my ariel for my Hummingbird 785c2 chart plotter today so the question I have does anyone who can fit this unit to my my boat for a reasonable price. If I get it fitted at a dealer I will be paying 100+ an hour. I would have a go at it but me and electricity do not mix and knowing my luck I will either electricute myself or blow something up in my boat I am happy to pay to have it done in either money or Alcohol. Can anyone point me in the right direction.:)

Roughasguts
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm In................................................ What is it. He he.

murf
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
have a go :) what can go wrong?

it is all just plug and play, just have to have a fused power supply to it

cheers Murf

burleygu
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
have a crack at it yourself mate! just remeber use a inline fuse on the positive use tinned wire. and solder every join and heatshrink where need'd also if usuing any crimp on connections always use a proper pair of crimpers.

netmaker
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
hard to eloctrocute yourself with 12 volts mick. worst you could do is get a fright;);D.

tunaticer
01-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Red to a positive power source with a fuse inline and black to negative, not grounded to the boat hull. the rest is drilling holes through your boat, you can have that pleasure.... After you finish you can pay yourself that scottle of botch, not before.

madmackrel
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
If your stuck mate bring it over and ill do it for a six pack, you can watch and next time youll be able to take it on yourself, oh and you can help me drink the six pack.
Cheers

netmaker
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
make it 2 sixpacks and i'll be there as well to make all the necessary smart arse comments;D

lucee81
02-09-2012, 07:53 AM
If its smart ass comments you need im always free.

WalrusLike
02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
I bought my wife a robot vacuume cleaner. It got a thread wrapped around a wheel. I took it apart and busted a connector. I soldered the connector (and my jumper and the tabletop), but broke the other connector. I got it back together and over tightened a screw and pushed it through too far. Reassembled robot no longer worked.

I bought my wife for her birthday a new one with improved thread wrapping avoidance features. I won't try and fix it if it breaks.

Now,..... as a favour to you I wont offer my services. :)

fisho8
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks Guys I will see how I go and may take one of you up on your offer. Cheers fellas.:)

TopBhoy
02-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I bought my wife a robot vacuume cleaner. It got a thread wrapped around a wheel. I took it apart and busted a connector. I soldered the connector (and my jumper and the tabletop), but broke the other connector. I got it back together and over tightened a screw and pushed it through too far. Reassembled robot no longer worked.

I bought my wife for her birthday a new one with improved thread wrapping avoidance features. I won't try and fix it if it breaks.

Now,..... as a favour to you I wont offer my services. :)

Jonah!!!

You did that deliberately....what a way to get out of touching the vacuum cleaner!!!

WalrusLike
03-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Nah mate.... Wish I did it deliberately, then I wouldn't have felt so bad about breaking it further. Point was though, that it already was dead, I was trying to resuscitate it.

And it's not true that I avoid vacuuming.... I am happy to be the one to press the start button. :)

In the context of this thread.... I am happy to have a go at doing my own stuff, (occasionally with a win!) but couldn't offer help, unless you wanted a bigger bill for repairs.