PDA

View Full Version : Transom seating

leonp88
31-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a second hand 5.2m Formosa centre console which has limited seating options (esky aft of console only). Was looking at retro-fitting a fold down transom bench seat as per the attached photo and was wondering if anyone else has done this, knows where to buy one or can even sell me a second hand one? I'm happy to put something together even if the transom coaming and bench seat panels are available separately.

http://yachthub.com/ad_img/1/1/4/1/7/0/5_3.jpg

Cheers

Leon

leonp88
31-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Before anyone suggests it I have already sent an email to Formosa Marine to see if they are able to supply the seats but if they are able to supply them I anticipate these being expensive.

Mrs Ronnie H
01-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi
Just give Duncan a call at Formosa. Sure he can do a deal and shouldn't be expensive as you think. We priced directly from him instead of going through dealer and he was much better.

Ronnie

leonp88
07-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Duncan was helpful but it was as expensive as I thought (perhaps more) ~ $550 for the rear 'lounge'. Given that's a bit out of my boat budget I'd prefer to attempt to piece something together myself.

Is anyone with a Formosa or similar rear seat setup prepared to take some detailed photos for me so I can figure out how they've done all the mounts etc?

Will also keep an eye out for second hands items if anyone hears of some.

Cheers

Mrs Ronnie H
07-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi
Will take a pic of the mounts for you that are on the sides of our boat. We don't have the seat mounted but the supports are there if we want to put it in. Very simple-- the back board is actually drilled to the rear of the boat and unscrewed if you want to take it off. The seat just slots into the side mounts.

Ronnie