PDA

View Full Version : converting a tinny into a side console

fishclique
29-08-2012, 08:09 PM
hello everyone just wanting to convert a tinnie into a side console . Just wondering if anyone one has done it . And a rough price ? thanks

Seahorse
29-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I am looking at converting my tinnie to cent console.. I don't think cost will be great. Mainly the console and steering cables. Are you staying with same motor. I have always wondered about how much spray u get in side console. What size tinnie u got

Chas & Clarry
29-08-2012, 09:05 PM
We get about 1% of the amount of spray in our side console that we used to get in our CC (jeez that was a wet boat...though I suspect that is more to do with hull shape than position of console

Tim and Trace

Seahorse
29-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks Tim. That's very interesting . What boat u got

doctorbob
29-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Have a look at my post Quintrex reno pictures, may give you some sort of idea how to go about things.
Regards Rob

Chas & Clarry
29-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks Tim. That's very interesting . What boat u got

Our side console is a 4.2 TABS Bullshark. Our previous boat (for 26 years) was a 4.3 Clarke Abolone Centre Console, they are a very safe but notoriously wet boat. We would get wet on even pretty calm days, and saturated in the rough stuff.

The Bullshark has been out in some pretty reasonable chop and it is as dry as. At first Trace and I found ourselves instinctively ducking when we hit chop at an angle that would have sprayed us in the Abolone...it was quite funny. We actually still find our selves doing that sometimes (26 years of conditioned reflexes don't disappear in a few months apparently).

However I'd note that the Bully doesn't go outside so we aren't talking about being dry in a big sea by any means...it is an estuary boat!

Tim and Trace