PDA

View Full Version : very bad start turns around in the end

ifishcq1
27-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I was going to put this in Dignity's stuff lost overboard thread but it had a different twist and besides it was dry land
Yesterday we were heading to Curtis for a fish
I got to Thommo's at 5.45 loaded the boat and put my short spin stick outfit in the rod holder for the run to Port Alma
after stopping to fuel up we got to the ramp and when I set up my side of the boat my spin stick was gone...
I was poxed all day, well in between fish anyway
we scored some very nice sweeties, spanish, cod, squid and parrot but didn't have to think much about the lost rod and reel till the trip home where we watched every metre of roadside just in case while plotting which filthy grub pinched the rod while we paid for fuel and maybe the servo camera had the mongrel in action
we had finished washing the boat and cleaned the fish when one of Thommo's neighbours came over and asked did we lose anything so I told him the rod story
he smiled and handed me my outfit and told me how he came by it
he went to move the car onto the street when he nearly run into something hanging from the tree in front of his house it was my rod when I drove out of Thommo's driveway the rod caught in a low branch and lifted out without a scratch or even any sound
after a bourbon and a laugh I left happy, good mate, great day and a $400 rig was safe 'n' snug in the car
luckily I didn't stop at the servo and vent my anger on the way home from Port Alma because the homeless buggers in the park over the road might have copped an unwarranted spray

cheers

indy
27-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Ha ha good result in the end, there has been many a time when i have accused people of flogging my stuff but i have just misplaced it

Gon Fishun
27-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Good that you got your gear back.:D There is a message there.
NEVER ASSUME.
Tell myself everyday and it still hasn't sunk in.:(
Cheers.