PDA

View Full Version : first run with new suzuki 175

hoga
27-08-2012, 07:45 PM
glad i brought it went realy well it was using 0.6 lts per k yet to see how it goes in the rough stuff when it has to work hard it should get better when its run in

indy
27-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey mate can u give me a figure of the dollars pm me if u like

thanks pete

peterbo3
27-08-2012, 08:38 PM
G'Day hoga,
You made a good choice. I have had zero problems with my 175. Remember the 20 hour service. Go one minute over & the engine drops down into "safe" mode which cuts the revs right back. Not good if you are going over a bar. You can reset it easily as per the manual by using the key & the safety lanyard button.
Do not ask how I know about this little feature.

Greg P
27-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Hoga - did you get the Garmin 750/interface combo offer with the 175?

tenzing
27-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Congrats on the new donk Hoga
( clear some of your pms )
Cheers
Brendan

thylacene
27-08-2012, 11:39 PM
glad i brought it went realy well it was using 0.6 lts per k yet to see how it goes in the rough stuff when it has to work hard it should get better when its run in

Worst consumption we have seen on ours was 1.3l/km at about thirteen knots, not quite on the plane. Backed off to eight knots and consumption reduced to 0.7, quarter on in a solid 2m sea. The midrange torque is good, the engine maintains fairly constant rpm as the load varies.

Our outfit is almost 2000kg plus gear and passengers. Usually runs 0.6 - 0.7 l/ km trolling at 7 knots or cruising at 25.

We ended up with a four blade Solas prop, right on the borderline of being under propped, it is worth experimenting, the four blade seems to provide more "lift" and a better "bite" in a following sea. It is not quite as fast as the original prop fitted, but we still manage almost 37 knots at WOT and around 21-22 at 3900 rpm and sounding sweet.

Congrats and enjoy your new toy, you should be rapt

tenzing
28-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Worst consumption we have seen on ours was 1.3l/km at about thirteen knots, not quite on the plane. Backed off to eight knots and consumption reduced to 0.7, quarter on in a solid 2m sea. The midrange torque is good, the engine maintains fairly constant rpm as the load varies.

Our outfit is almost 2000kg plus gear and passengers. Usually runs 0.6 - 0.7 l/ km trolling at 7 knots or cruising at 25.

We ended up with a four blade Solas prop, right on the borderline of being under propped, it is worth experimenting, the four blade seems to provide more "lift" and a better "bite" in a following sea. It is not quite as fast as the original prop fitted, but we still manage almost 37 knots at WOT and around 21-22 at 3900 rpm and sounding sweet.

Congrats and enjoy your new toy, you should be rapt

May I ask what the original prop was?
Brendan

PS Hoga, What prop have you ended up with on yours?

TREVELLY
28-08-2012, 06:20 AM
Original blade on Suzuki 175 is a three blade.

I don't know the diameter or pitch.

But when at the boat show I asked at the Solas stand about getting perhaps a better 4 blade prop from them and they explained for my hull 6.25 centre cab the best prop is the one it came with.

Solas make the blades for Suzuki for these motors.

Warrior620
28-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey hoga,

Will be good to see what speeds you get when run in.