PDA

View Full Version : what a crack up!

netmaker
26-08-2012, 06:40 PM
hi all. well, you may have heard something of my whinging about trailer parking at wello pt. one of my best mates had his 40th yesterday and after a good day session on the beers we had a night session on the tequila margarita style;):hammer::dizzy::confused::drunk:. bit of a late night so didn't get up too early today:sick2::snore:. i considered enjoying the hangover on the bay but when i looked out the front window i was greeted with a street full of cars. the local soccer club was having a do and there were cars everywhere. totally impossible to drive out of my driveway with the tinny on back when there are cars on both sides of my driveway and across the road. even more so to reverse back in. for a moment i considered there was a "revenge" protest going on;).
what could i do? absolutely nothing but laugh myself stupid;D;D;D. i did however take the time out to drive down the point and watch council issuing parking tickets - cheered me up a little::)

Dignity
26-08-2012, 07:06 PM
netmaker, I have the same problem when the local AFL club has an open day event or there is an antiques show on in the place next door to the footy club. I have learn't the hard way to pull the boat out real early and park it on the street if the weather looks like it is going to be good, not optimal but works. Usually reversing in isn't a problem because it is usually late in the afternoon or early evening but some of these people can be real pains in the proverbial in how they park.

FordGT
26-08-2012, 08:45 PM
mate its great that the council are doing something about the problem; I've never been to the ramp myself, but I'll give it a try one day instead of where we usually end up at Victoria Point.

Crunchy
26-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Hahaha it's the church across the road for me...very hard to get the boat out after 10 on a Sunday!

OODIES
27-08-2012, 05:53 AM
Glad you could have a laugh at the situation Davo, but are you sure Dobbo didn't organize the park in, you have taken his crown after all.

BINGO😜

Dignity
27-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Hahaha it's the church across the road for me...very hard to get the boat out after 10 on a Sunday!

You should pray for a slow day and that some parking will be left for you as you seem to have the right neighbours for it :)

Crunchy
27-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm not much for praying but sometimes I do pray their singing would stop:( they certianly don't sing like angels that's for sure

mowerman
27-08-2012, 09:36 PM
This may be the day for a full trailer carpark.

http://www.peakstopoints.com.au/wellington-point-wildlife-adventure/

Rod

PADDLES
28-08-2012, 08:06 AM
it's a cruel world hey netmaker