PDA

View Full Version : hains 680 encore/24ft pro line info please

rosco1974
25-08-2012, 09:31 PM
well i have decided to look for another boat,i know deep down i would love another cat but am looking outside the box and looking at mono's as well,i see there are a few of these 680 encores for sale around the place and look like a good solid platform to fish from..so are these any good...being a hains i recon they would be a pretty comfy ride...i have also been told about a 24 ft pro line what is coming up for sale in the next week or so as well,any info on those would be welcome as well..this will be a strickly fishin rig only as its a centre console;D....
cheers rosco

shy guys
25-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Coming to the dark side mate

rosco1974
25-08-2012, 09:55 PM
not sure yet maybe..the 24ft proline might be the boat but also want to look at a 2300 noosacat and the encore..i think the haines might be too heavy for me to tow but not sure yet

thelump
25-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Why the hunt for a similar size boat to what you have? Especially after putting new motors on and a new trailer? I would have thought you would be in boating heaven at the moment mate?

hilta1
26-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Hey Rosco, would you consider the cruise craft 685? there was a new one for sale in Gladstone at a pretty good price if it is still available or a couple of other boats considering are the Edencraft or cootacraft made down Victoria, the 6 mtr Edencraft in centre console is a machine and a half, or there is my Seafarer Victory sitting in the shed not being used!!! Be interesed to know how much interest you have had in your cat? and where you found was the best place to advertise to sell her? also what is the reasons for selling the 2400? i am still contemplating selling mine but not sure yet, would like to sell one of them though either the seafarer or kevlacat, to much hassle haveing both to maintain!!! Regards Mark

Muddy Toes
26-08-2012, 10:06 AM
The Pro line cc will be a big volume cc and just a pure fishing machine but that's about it mate.
If your buying it from Aust. then in my opinion it would have to be priced right considering how much they are over in the states and how many are on offer over there.It's a piece of piss to bring one over on your own and if you do you've got the option of buying the one you want given the absolutely huge market over there of big volume cc's.
What motors are on each boat?

rosco1974
26-08-2012, 04:20 PM
the encore has a 225 yammie 4 stroke and i believe the other has a verado,dont know for sure on the proline as there isnt much info on it yet but bring on the hard core fishin boat.lol...the reason on sellin the kc is the missus wants a bigger/better cab to sleep in and looking to put some money back into the house/new kitchen...the minister of finance has spoken.this fellas been told.lol

johncar
27-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Such choices!! But if you want a better Cabin the Encore may make the Mrs happier and the big CC will be a good fishing boat. There are times when either one will be painful including what you have now so it's always a compromise.
As far as performance goes I owned a HH 680SF for about 4 years and 400 hours. I think the hull is similar if not the same and although it would eat some sea conditions up it was painful in others. It liked to go fast but not so good at low speeds and it would slide around a bit going downhill. Found myself sideways in the HH a few times but always at night when I couldn't see as well.
Was travelling offshore yesterday beside a big cabin Proline, looked around the 26', pushing into about .7M chop on 1.5M swell. It seemed to be throwing a lot of water and not travelling wonderfully. Thought I was doing better in my tinnie, I left him behind anyway and not doing it that hard. Pretty sure that HH would travel better out of those two.

Smithy
27-08-2012, 09:41 PM
The 680s are still big suckers to tow. They do have big cabins with macerating toilets and all that though. Once you go cat you can't go back. You'd regret it. A smaller cat is your only option I reckon.

rosco1974
02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
i think you are right smithy have heard the same from nearly every1 i have spoken too..once you have been in a cat a mono doesn't even compair.it feels strange to see a pointy bow from the helm ..once the cat is sold i will look at my options then.might be able to snag a cat again at the right price

hilta1
02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Have you had much interest in the cat Rosco? seems that they dont last long, even in this market that is supposedly depressed.

rosco1974
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM
a little bit mate