PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 115hp Precision Blend 1994

ozynorts
16-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Any thoughts on the motor in the title? Are they a reliable motor? I am looking at a boat with one on and just want some feedback. The seller says that it has 112psi in all cylinders.
Cheers
Ozy ;)

ozscott
16-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Any thoughts on the motor in the title? Are they a reliable motor? I am looking at a boat with one on and just want some feedback. The seller says that it has 112psi in all cylinders.
Cheers
Ozy ;)

Be very surprised if you get any negative reply save for fuel use - but not too bad in my view and certainly no worse than others of the same size. I had that year (93 anyway-pre salt water series) and it was a gem - only upgraded to a 99/2000 salt water series recently because it was such a cheap upgrade and my trim and tilt was playing up a bit. Every manufacturer has its gem and the V4 115 is Yammy's...the 115 is very understressed and punchy. Get the dealer to clean out the engine and boat oil containers, clean the lines and pump and inline filters and stick in a new fresh batch of Merc oil fit for the Opti - there low ash one and at 200:1 at idle you will be surprised how little smoke there is warm...

Cheers

ozynorts
16-08-2012, 05:36 PM
cheers for that.