PDA

View Full Version : The building of "Alexander" version 3

dayoo
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Performance Plate Boats have the new 7.6 metre by 2.6 metre "Alexander" mark 3 starting to look like a boat with a few bits and pieces still to be welded.
It will have a 600 litre fuel tank, 200 litre kill tank, 100 litre water, 2 live bait tanks with view windows and a 300hp new Yamaha on the back. The Furuno 295 sounder has been purchased and will be installed along with a 1kw through hull transducer.

Performance Plate boats are also building a custom aluminium trailer.

The owners Pepi and Sasho cant wait to hit their marks at the Hards and off Fraser Island. My bean bag won't be required as a fold down seat with handles will be installed at the back;D

Pics attached

Cheers
Barry

trueblue
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
what was wrong with the big Alexander II?

wags on the water
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Looks good Barry - just like the other one but smaller....

dayoo
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
what was wrong with the big Alexander II?

They were offered a very good price for "Alexander" version 2 by cashed up friends which was hard to refuse. There will be a final post on the big girl as soon as the twin 350's are fitted.

Cheers
Barry

Alchemy
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Nice looking boat Barry! I've been thinking that if I built again I'd go over the 2.5m mark but was thinking I'd go as wide as practical up to and including 2.9m, hence remaining within the confines of the over-width towing permit issue. My reasoning is that if I need the permit I may as well get as much room in the boat as possible for the same permit. Therefore I'm curious about the 2.6m beam; why it isn't wider?

Regards,
Dave.

dayoo
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice looking boat Barry! I've been thinking that if I built again I'd go over the 2.5m mark but was thinking I'd go as wide as practical up to and including 2.9m, hence remaining within the confines of the over-width towing permit issue. My reasoning is that if I need the permit I may as well get as much room in the boat as possible for the same permit. Therefore I'm curious about the 2.6m beam; why it isn't wider?

Regards,
Dave.

The boys would have preferred a wider beam but they were anxious to get on the water and purchased the already completed lower part of the hull from the owner of PPB at a reasonable price. After running large twin motors on the original "Alexander" they opted for one larger motor (300hp) instead of twin 150's which are thirsty and double servicing costs.

Cheers
Barry

popgun19
13-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Looking good Bazza, can't wait to see the finished atricle.

dayoo
06-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Updated pics of Boat on borrowed trailer on way to paint shop and at paint shop with all metal sanding finished.
Bog is being applied and I will update when paint work is finished.

Cheers
Barry

Si
06-09-2012, 07:57 PM
its going to be another weapon Barry. nice hull.