PDA

View Full Version : LNP and Green Zones

MackerelMan
08-08-2012, 04:09 AM
This a carry over from another thread but thought it needed a new thread.

I heard on the wilus that the LNP is going to "open" up national parks for recreation and tourism. The idea is to encourage people to use parks and stimulate tourism. Cool I thought the Great Barrier Reef is a National Park. If they are serious about this I wonder if they are going to scrap crap green zones. Now that would stimulate things and provide more recreational fishing opportunities which is what the LNP are all about......apparently.

NAGG
08-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Isn't the GBRMP a Federal gig ? -

Chris

NAGG
08-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Would opening up the GBRMP to recreational fishing stimulate tourist based fishing ? - I'm not to sure that it would do anything except please the locals. It seems to me that the charter based fishing is going strong (specially the long range charters) this is despite the formation of green zones

Chris

MackerelMan
08-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Yeah not sure really but same reasons as why it will make such a difference with national parks, what ever they are!

NAGG
08-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah not sure really but same reasons as why it will make such a difference with national parks, what ever they are!

Depends what they mean by opening up (National Parks) . What is the cost involved in repairing the damage caused by 4WDs to fire trails ? ...... As we all know keen 4WD enthusiasts like to rip the shit out of the terrain so they can get the most out of their passtime.

Chris

MackerelMan
08-08-2012, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=NAGG;1409388]Depends what they mean by opening up (National Parks) . What is the cost involved in repairing the damage caused by 4WDs to fire trails ? ...... As we all know keen 4WD enthusiasts like to rip the shit out of the terrain so they can get the most out of their passtime.

Precisely Chris, i am convinced that they are making decisions with no idea about what the implications will be.

Mike Delisser
08-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I read it was only selected National Parks, around 3, and it was only selected activities they were opening the parks up for, being mountain biking and horse riding. I people will worry that opening areas in National Parks to horse riding could cause weeds to spread through their manure.
The rangers that work in National parks are state public servents so i guess the states must run the parks.