PDA

View Full Version : Duralac !

truth stretcher
07-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Just fitted a couple of stainless eye bolts to hold my esky down and used duralac.
That stuff would wanna be good.

Its all over my clothes , my boat floor , my hands, my cars seat covers , its steering wheel, on my shoes , in the house !

I reckon its closely related to never seize , its another product which I seem to get all over everything without trying!

tunaticer
07-08-2012, 10:18 PM
How do you go with superglue??

74fpv01
07-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Also very similar to 'leaping grease', it to ends up in all those places.

haha

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

truth stretcher
08-08-2012, 07:12 AM
How do you go with superglue??

I'm not allowed to play with superglue . How come supaglue doesn't stick to the inside of the tube?

netmaker
08-08-2012, 07:17 AM
i reckon its great stuff and now you should have no corrosion issues with your clothes , your boat floor , your hands, your cars seat covers , its steering wheel, your shoes , your house !
lol

cormorant
08-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I thought it was a pretty nasty chemical but just pulled up the msds and it isn't as bad as I remember reading years ago in the aircraft industry. Wonder if they changed the formula or if the one I am thinking in the aircraft were zinc chromate primers which are only used commercially now.

The way in which duralac has the ability to sneak out of the tube and get to places you never knew it must be a kissing cousin of sikaflex. If there was a world record for making a mess with Sika I would be a in with a chance for 2nd place behind my nephew. Never and I mean never let a kid near the stuff .

Dignity
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
And here it was that I thought I was Robinson Crusoe, Paint, Glue, Sika, Caulking compound, Grease, you name it it ends up where I least expect it, I am still trying to figure out how the roof silicone I used ended up in the bootom of my esky ?????. I wathced a guy come and silicone some new tiling around the edges and after learning their secrets what they did in 20 mins took me 2 hours to do a similar job plus the extra 2 hours to get it off everything else. I think I wiil just pay somebody in the future as that will allow me to sit back and have a beer, far more entertaining.

Mrs Ronnie H
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not allowed to play with superglue . How come supaglue doesn't stick to the inside of the tube?

LMAO
Did you know you can now buy Superglue in a pack which comes with a tube of Superglue remover.

Ronnie

theoldlegend
09-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Dunno what this Duralac stuff is, but I can relate to it.

Put up another 3 x 3 garden shed last week and thought I'd seal around the inside first with silicone, which I hadn't used before. Got this stuff called "Woodland Grey" because I thought it'd be a rough match to the concrete and the new shed's zinczlume.

Well, when I opened the tube, they should have called it "Charcoal Black". Too late by then. Started off all right, and then I thought I'd use my finger to smooth it out a bit, especially where the concrete base dipped a bit. Bad move!! Wrong, wrong, wrong! This black shit went everywhere.

It was all around the inside of the shed, all over me, everything I touched! Wiped my hands on an old singlet, covered the singlet in black sh*t, then put the singlet down on something and of course all the black sh*t on the singlet then got transferred to something else. Anyway, finished the job, if you could call it a "job" and read the instructions. I could have used painter's masking tape! Pooftas. They could have told me that first.

My greatest fear is that when Finga calls round next, he'll want to see inside, and hang even more sh*t on me. Maybe I could lose the key before he comes round.

So whatever this Duralac stuff is, I can relate to it.

TOL

Tangles
09-08-2012, 07:29 AM
new shed for TOL, is that the fit all the new gear TOL?

theoldlegend
09-08-2012, 08:13 AM
No Mike, just garden stuff.

You know, mower, whipper snipper, wheel barrow, hand tools, all that stuff.

The old garden shed had seen better days. It was time for another one.

TOL

pescados
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
How come supaglue doesn't stick to the inside of the tube?

Very good question ? Would not mind an answer to that myself as it sticks like you know what to everything else.

tunaticer
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Superglue requires moisture to cure, hence it will not set in a sealed tube. Silicone is similar.

WalrusLike
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I had never used Sikaflex until last week.... I thought silicon was bad.... sika is a whole nuther level!

I must have had some sort of technical problem at one point.... I assume that's why I scratched my head... and also why it ended up on the box I was using as a pillow while I laid down looking under stuff.

I suspect it is alive and can move around. :)