PDA

View Full Version : A night at Mud then first trip to Moreton Island with family

Still_Dreamin
30-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Gday everyone
Went out to Mud on Saturday evening to fish the high tide at sunset with my deckie. The bite was on the moment we set anchor. Nothing record breaking but a couple of keepers and first snapper on plastic. The bite went off after dark and the wind picked up. Went home at 2300. Wife woke me early and said lets go fishing with the kids. Looked at seabreeze and thought it was marginal but what the hell the boat was still connected to the car and dirty from the night before so off we went. Pulled up at Cabbage Tree Creek and the Bay was looking good. I suggested Moreton to the bride and she bit harder than the snapper the night before! Nice run across to the wrecks anchored up and the kids rods were in. They then ate all the food in the boat while I tended the rods. Picked up a 30cm bream and small flounder that went back. Put the bream in the live bait tank so the kids could see how they swim and "breath" which totally fascinated them. Then the biggest surprise of the weekend. The boat 25m away brings in what looked like a 50cm ish snapper. Middle of the day inside the wrecks with half the boats in Brisbane there, that fish must have been hungry. Son then decided he wanted to release the bream so he could catch him when he is bigger. LOL.
For those that are interested the 90 hp etec on the 1750 tournament only used 56litres for the whole weekend (140k's). Again achieving 0.4litre/kilometre. It is amazing how fast the kilometers rack up when you are out on the water zipping around here and there.

Crunchy
30-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds like a good day out....might see you over there one day, I take the kids over now and again and they love it, expecially snorkling when its a bit warmer. Good economy...I would use about 80L for the same trip with my 2stk 90 HP yammy!

bf90
30-07-2012, 04:31 PM
thats good fuel s-d,My 90 honda did 3.5 k per litre on a 17ft half cab glass, I now get 2.2 k per litre on a 17 3/4 ft half cab tinnie. So you are doing really good out of a 2 banger. By the way s-d where the hell did you find a bride that will ask to go out in the boat????? I am on my second one and neither liked boating full bloody stop!!

WalrusLike
30-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice report SD. I am blown away by your economy, I think mine is only half of yours.

Glad you are getting such joy from your boat. I had a ripper with the family on Sunday at the Pin then up to Peel. It's the best thing we ever did.... buying that boat.

Still_Dreamin
31-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks Walruslike that is pretty much what the missus and I were saying on the way home. I was beginning to wonder when it was blowing 30knots every weekend. I was tossing up taking a few "mental health" days when the weather was fine during the week.

MEG-A-BITE
31-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Great report, always good to get out on the water with the family.Got to love the economy of that E-Tec.

johncar
31-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah that's what it's all about, good to get out on your own with a mate and great family days. They build a good hull at Tournament, mine too had amazing fuel figures. Just hope this darn weather moderates out a bit more so I can get some nice offshore days in.