PDA

View Full Version : Large Boat Shade Canopy..... Project Complete!!!

J2DAG83
30-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Morning Gents

Doubt anyone will remember but some time ago i put a post up in regards to getting some thoughts for having a rear shade canopy built on my 6.4m sportsfish... i wanted something that could fold down for storage, didn't have me losing any fishing room and left some space at the rear of the cock pit for throwing slugs etc... recieved a few suggestions from blokes on here but they didn't quite get me to where i wanted to be... anyway turns out right from the beginning i should of just taken it to Tony at Moreton Bay Boat Trimmers.....
This bloke is a legend, i only went to get the shade canopy but once there he said "when ya ready bring her back in and i'll put in a new front canopy with clears above the windscreen" i had no idea he could do that... i had another project in mind which involved getting some sort of hard top instsalled in order to achieve the clears above the windscreen.... needless to say i told him to do that for me now as well.

i could not possibly be any happier with this.

Cheers

Jared

captain rednut
30-07-2012, 10:17 PM
great job there. looks a treat.
cheers cr

stevemid
31-07-2012, 07:13 AM
J2... Looks great! Looks like there's an arch that the new shade canopy attaches to?? How is that attachment done? I'm building a 7m cat with a fixed top that I'm thinking of shortening so I have room to cast off the back. Yours looks like a good solution for me. Could you also tell me, does it fold up toward the bows or fold down towards the stern?
Steve

J2DAG83
31-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey Steve

Are you talking about the targa bar??? if so from what i can work out it and the cabin are one piece, and are welded to the hull....

Folds towards the bow mate, if i unscrew the deck mounts the whole top will pivot down.

Not sure if your in the brissy area or not but if you are just go into Tony and he'll fix you up.... wish i had just gone in there originally... he gets exactly what is your chasing (functionality) and replicates it...

I guess a good example would be he puts rods in all the deck mounted rod holders whilst building the canopy to make sure everything still has good access.

He's a fisherman so he gets it.. if that makes sense.

Cheers

Jared

stevemid
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Jared, Unfortunately I'm in Central Coast NSW, but I'll be saving a picture of this for sure for the future.
Steve

J2DAG83
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh ok.... well let me know if at any point you'd like some more specific photos on any part of it.

Cheers

Jared

wayno60
02-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I think it finishes it off nicely and the above windscreen clears will be a god send next time it rains.

pilchardjones
02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
looks good jared.
i wanted something similar, but without the rear support poles. I had this made in the US utilising anodised alloy clamp on fittings. Its very solid.
steve

pilchardjones
02-08-2012, 01:45 PM