PDA

View Full Version : unfriggin believable

netmaker
29-07-2012, 02:33 PM
8287882877828768287582874wello pt at 12.30 today. every trailer bay taken, one boatie parked on the median strip. 82873last pic is 6 cars parked in the rigging bay, not one spot left for a bloke to rig up. passed two boaties heading down the point on my way back. b82872uggered if i know where they will park, let alone rig up. canned my arvo fishing plans - rude, ignorant, selfish pricks - nicest thing i can say.

OODIES
29-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Great shots Davo, Absolutly shows the bloody ignorance of these people and I don't believe anyone on this or any other forum can defend the actions of these people, this is a great example Davo.

BINGO

TopBhoy
29-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Are these reserved bays for trailers and clearly sign posted as such? If so complain to the car park operators about the breaches of car/trailer park T&Cs . If not, 'first in, best dressed' and they have as much right to be there as the next person; though it would still be worth a letter to the operators noting your complaint.

bf90
29-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I just wish I had an old car and a trailer, i would park across the back of these pricks, what would that take up..4 parking bays??? Then it would be nice to see the reaction of the boot on the other foot. I herd of a bloke down the coast a few years back that would run his key down the side of cars parked in a trailer zone with out a trailer attached. Word soon got around only park if you had a trailer attached. It sure is a sad world when the average person from the public does not give a hoot about anyone except themselves. The trouble is it is not going to get better, only worse. This is one of the reasons why I try only to fish upon week days and weekends if the weather is not to good. Cheers guys.
Brad.

netmaker
29-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Are these reserved bays for trailers and clearly sign posted as such? If so complain to the car park operators about the breaches of car/trailer park T&Cs . If not, 'first in, best dressed' and they have as much right to be there as the next person; though it would still be worth a letter to the operators noting your complaint.

yes mate. they are reserved. and no, council is not fining them. that is what the stink is about.

TopBhoy
29-07-2012, 06:11 PM
yes mate. they are reserved. and no, council is not fining them. that is what the stink is about.
I sympathise completely bud. This council is missing a trick here by not fining cars parked 'illegally'; I thought they would have been rubbing their hands at making additional revenue. What are they playing at?

The only problem that the guy scratching and damaging cars as described in sunchaserbf90 post is that this can spiral out of control. How do fishos get home if every time they leave their car/trailer in the park, someone unknown who had their car scratched previously, punctures the car/boat tyres and spare? On a Sunday after 5pm, its not a good time to discover that you need to get punctures fixed.

Muddy Toes
29-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Let's roll!!!

Todddo
29-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm keen to have a meet and greet at that carpark!
We will all just park behind all the oldies parked in our spots.
Few cans while watching the entertainment when they try to crack the shits at 15 + blokes!

netmaker
29-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Let's roll!!!

patience mate. wait for council to release plan in august. remember the 5 p's;).

netmaker
29-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm keen to have a meet and greet at that carpark!
We will all just park behind all the oldies parked in our spots.
Few cans while watching the entertainment when they try to crack the shits at 15 + blokes!

well, pm me your mobile number so i can add to the list. been slow this week. only at 26 rigs so far. hoping to get some more results from fliers at the boaties market today and those i have been leaving under wipers at the ramp.

EMURUNNER
29-07-2012, 06:39 PM
mate i would just hook a snatch strap on and pull em out, and move the car a block or 2 away haha

Humdinger
29-07-2012, 06:41 PM
patience mate. wait for council to release plan in august. remember the 5 p's;).

whats the other 2 ps (pricks parking)

netmaker
29-07-2012, 06:45 PM
mate i would just hook a snatch strap on and pull em out, and move the car a block or 2 away haha

that would be a tough manouevre with a trailer on surrounded by cars. i would pay to see it tho...

Linedropper
29-07-2012, 07:09 PM
This pisses me off no end when I see it. Print a flyer to stick under their wipers

G'Day

Was it hard to find a park today? Did you notice that you parked in a spot reserved for cars with trailers only? Probably not because you are ignorant. If you think it was hard trying to find a park today, spare a thought for us boat owners who have to try and find a park for a 10 metre plus rig because you took my parking spot.

Parking illegally is an offence and you may have been lucky this time to escape without a ticket but next time you wont be so lucky. Expect to receive a ticket, towed away or parked in by an angry boatie who has gone fishing for a day.

Have a nice day you muppet.

Kiwifisho
29-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Line dropper your idea is great am going to print off a hundred or so leaflets and going to use them as I was blocked in by an inconsiderate motorist who went and bought a coffee and a muffin and quite casually said to me sorry mate thought you would be out a lot longer than that made my blood boil just a little bit grrrrrrrrrr.

netmaker
29-07-2012, 07:53 PM
yep. reckon i'll print off 2 different flyers this week. one for boaties and one for rude, ignorant pricks.

Linedropper
29-07-2012, 08:01 PM
No worries. Feel free to modify and add whatever words you like. I had to keep it clean for here.

fandtm666
29-07-2012, 08:02 PM
should get some of those "you are parked illegally " stickers
and put them on the drivers side screen.

They are a real bitch to try and remove and people always resort
to using their keys to help take it off , only problem is that when it
rains they soon realise that they scratched the screen

Dicktracey
29-07-2012, 08:05 PM
David have you thought about a crystal pyramid and take up meditation my friend ;)
You need to let go son& be one with the council :)

netmaker
29-07-2012, 08:27 PM
David have you thought about a crystal pyramid and take up meditation my friend ;)
You need to let go son& be one with the council :)

thank you richard. i have been meditating all afternoon under my asbestos pyramid. unfortunately it seems to be raising my blood pressure. meditating at sea is so much more comforting.

chris69
29-07-2012, 08:53 PM
hi there Netmaker you problby heard this saying before......you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink and you cant drink for them..... all the education in the world wont fix the ignorance of those parking where they should not ,i think the only way to drive home this problem is for the council or police to get out there pens and fine books and make some revenue out of a few and the word will get around, your end of town is not the only place with the problem but more so than other ramps as the population increases so do the rec boaties but the infrastructure doesnt,boat ramp parking just isnt on the town planers agender it was all good 10to15 year ago but not now up my way on a good weather day the spare paddock near the boat ramp is used and some of the park the other side of the ramp, thats at spinnaker boat ramp you get on big boat turn up and 3or 4 car park and take up trailer spots and they jump into the one boat i can understand your frustration i hope it turns out well for you on your cruisade to right the wrong.cheers chris.

lucee81
29-07-2012, 10:18 PM
8287882877828768287582874wello pt at 12.30 today. every trailer bay taken, one boatie parked on the median strip. 82873last pic is 6 cars parked in the rigging bay, not one spot left for a bloke to rig up. passed two boaties heading down the point on my way back. b82872uggered if i know where they will park, let alone rig up. canned my arvo fishing plans - rude, ignorant, selfish pricks - nicest thing i can say.

Hey the ute in the first photo is mine why didn't you stop and say hi. :). :)

Mrs Ronnie H
29-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi
that is really absurd to see so many cars parked in boaties bays. Seems each ramp has their own problems. yours is parking-- ours is the fishos and eskies on the pontoon.

I would join you guys if I lived closer with the boat and trailer and park along the back of them so they can't get out. See who likes to drive thier car up the concrete and over the lawn to get out cause I wouldn't move. maybe grab myself a deck chair and sit back under the shade of a tree and laugh at them trying to get out. Make up a flyer or two as suggested and make sure its really sticky-- place it on the drivers side windscreen. Set up a stall- scraper blades for hire and you could make a buck. Oh and if you see them parked in Wheely chair parks with no disabled stickers put a sticker on the window as well for me. That peaves me off to no end to see someone in a disabled zone with no sticker-- just as bad as what you have to put up with. Good luck is all i can say.
Ronnie

Muddy Toes
30-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Geez Mrs H.....I sure am glad I haven't done any bad to you.......:o

frankgrimes
30-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Same thing at the spit ramp on Goldie yesterday.....f-wits everywhere.

matt fraser
30-07-2012, 08:35 AM
That is shocking! I can't believe they are all in the rigging bays! and so many trailer bays!! Well done on getting the photos, and informing the authorities - for what its worth.

I'm on board for the protest rally/blockade.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?186072-wello-pt-boat-blockade

Cheers,

Matt

bennykenny
30-07-2012, 08:48 AM
you should make up a fake parking ticket with a $5000 fine for parking illegally, and have the video camera ready to see their reaction when they read it.

fandtm666
30-07-2012, 09:30 AM
have you guys contacted the local papers and local
opposition MP .

When we had some hassles down here (not about parking )
we went to the local rag - cops - and opposition Mp
and ended up getting a result

fishfeeder
30-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Netmaker, Just shows why we need to organize that boat blockade !!

Stuart
30-07-2012, 10:35 AM
opposition MP .

Whats that going to do?? The paper are to bussy making crap up and trying to get MP's sacked. If you want to make a point just park behind the clowns, Worked for me at Kawana boat ramp.

OODIES
30-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Matt thanks for getting involved mate, those pictures Dave took are pretty damning and bloody shocking mate aren't they, as you mentioned, for these clowns to be using the rigging bay is just downright stupidity.
What we do need though, is to stay level headed and to think our actions through, so we can achieve the best possible outcome, without looking like a bunch of Rednecks.

Cheers
BINGO

Peter4
30-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Thankfully no-one was in the rigging area when I pulled out my boat at 12.00pm yesterday.

But I did see some wombat going the wrong way around the one way circuit and another parked in the boat wash bay while he waited for his wife who was taking piccies from the jetty. Bloody idiots!

Oh - and my vacated car & trailer spot was quickly filled by two cars...:-?

Giveitacrack
30-07-2012, 01:08 PM
If only the Redlands council was like the Gold coast council and nailed cars parked in the wrong spot at the grand hotel ramp.I love watching the action there...

Mrs Ronnie H
30-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Geez Mrs H.....I sure am glad I haven't done any bad to you.......:o

I am really nice when you get to know me-- but cross me and you will find out the difference between naughty and nice real quick.

Only joking--

I just get frustrated at the fact that I obey the law so why shouldn't others -- whether it be parking at a boat ramp, shopping centre, fishing in a green zone--whatever-- Laws are there for a reason so why should people blatantly defy them. GRRRRRR

It just frustrates the hell out me when I take my mum shopping and some d** head has parked in the wheely chair park. Mum has heart failure so makes it hard if I can't park close to where we need to go.

Doesn't matter to some people where they park apparently-- In a trailer park, in a disabled park-- they don't care as long as they can do their thing-- No regard for anyone but themselves which seems to be the Norm these days.

xxxx Muddy toes.

Ronnie

netmaker
31-07-2012, 07:18 AM
opposition MP .

haven't contacted opposition mp, have contacted the local paper and sent pics to the police. i am hoping that pic of the rigging bay will get some sort of result - i seriously could not believe my eyes. so goddamn rude.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 08:13 AM
This pisses me off no end when I see it. Print a flyer to stick under their wipers

G'Day

Was it hard to find a park today? Did you notice that you parked in a spot reserved for cars with trailers only? Probably not because you are ignorant. If you think it was hard trying to find a park today, spare a thought for us boat owners who have to try and find a park for a 10 metre plus rig because you took my parking spot.

Parking illegally is an offence and you may have been lucky this time to escape without a ticket but next time you wont be so lucky. Expect to receive a ticket, towed away or parked in by an angry boatie who has gone fishing for a day.

Have a nice day you muppet.

love your letter mate. i have copied it verbatim and now have copies in the glove box ready to distribute. cheers.

OODIES
31-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Would love to see the reaction/look on their face...lol
However it realy shouldn't be a surprise.

BINGO

lucee81
31-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Scrunch it up and throw it away people don't care.

WalrusLike
31-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Your probably right, but I hope none of us Ausfishers would ever rubbish Australia like that... we don't litter the countryside do we? :)

Apart from penalty enforcement it's hard to see any strategy that will cure the problem without creating others.

Because we are clearly gone for a good while in our boat, our vehicles and trailers are easy meat for vandalism if we piss people off and create antagonism.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 08:43 PM
very true walruslike. if it comes down to it, my car probably spends more time than anyone elses (bar the pros) parked at the point. it's a risk i am prepared to take tho and i will install security devices (including cameras) if i feel it is warranted.
on a brighter note, collected another 3 protesters at work today which takes current total to 34 (including 2 box trailers) with another 5 "possibles". filling that rigging bay sunday may yet prove to be the undoing of these rude people and see penalties re-instated. here's hoping.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 08:47 PM

dont expect them to take it home and frame it mate:P. BUT i'll feel better knowing they probably read it first;). and paper wont hurt the sea either - something will eat it.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 09:10 PM
also emailed pics to my local member and bayside bulletin manager tonight.

OODIES
31-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Retribution from dickheads at the ramp does bother me and probably most people, I keep hearing that any action we take, probably wont achieve any outcome or change in the situation, however there is one thing for sure, "INACTION" will "DEFINITELY' not achieve any outcome or change.
We all agree that the situation at Wellington Point is unacceptable and I believe that the very people that are parking in the Trailer Bays would more than likely agree as well, so the point is, for council to firstly enforce the rules/law and then try to come up with a solution to the problem and for us to maybe help with constructive ideas.
i.e. As suggested by Netmaker: extend the carpark to the south east corner were the playground is and move the playground further south.
I have said in the past that we don't need more people on the point as I believe this would only exacerbate the problem, however I guess there has to be a compromise somewhere along the line.

Cheers BINGO (Dave)

Mick77
31-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Im happy to volunteer my car and trailer for a little 'park in' when required.

Out of curiousity why do the poilice hand out bucket loads of fines to people parked at the Reddy Bay ramp but not here? I always say Gday to them and congragulate them on keeping onto those bloody islanders.

wayno60
31-07-2012, 11:28 PM
That sort of shit used to happen down the grand hotel ramp but after word got out that if you park ya car in the trailer parking bay expect to come back to a spray can attacked car....one lady rang up work complaining that the council parking guys had done it....silly bitch..

I dont know about redlands council but i know the gold coast has parking guy working all weekend. Over a normal weekend we can get up to 20 calls about illegally parked cars. We pass on the info to the guys out on the road and theyll cruze round give out tickets.
Just by the amount of cars in your pics theres two guys wages for the week sitting there.

Muddy Toes
31-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Im happy to volunteer my car and trailer for a little 'park in' when required.

Out of curiousity why do the poilice hand out bucket loads of fines to people parked at the Reddy Bay ramp but not here? I always say Gday to them and congragulate them on keeping onto those bloody islanders.

I think Reddy Bay is so well policed firstly because of it's proximity to the station, the fact the police are regularly down at the ramp playing with the big rib and the barge and thirdly the council parking inspectors are always down there trying to enforce the commuter parking.
That's probably why they don't need to go to Wello......they make enough money from handing tickets out down at Wienam Creek to have to go to Wello.

choppa
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Regulated Parking Officer (http://www.seek.com.au/Job/regulated-parking-officer/in/brisbane-brisbane/22835971) Logan City Council

Be part of one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland
Progressive team culture
Make a difference in your local community

Thrive in an organisation that values your professional contribution as well as your personal well being.
Government & Defence > Government - Local

(http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=1&Page=6&Refinement=Date+Listed&Keywords=&location=1004&SearchType=Paging#)
Add to shortlist (http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=1&Page=6&Refinement=Date+Listed&Keywords=&location=1004&SearchType=Paging#)

1:13 PM Starting salary $55,793 + super + 9 day fortnight Brisbane

Wellington is under Redland Shire isn't it,,,,,,, this is on today's SEEK Employment Site

choppa

lucee81
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I just quit a job 4 weeks ago from Logan city council.
Not a nice place to show up everyday. I would say work but very little goes on.

wayno60
01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
82984get some of these printed......

wirlybird
02-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Regulated Parking Officer (http://www.seek.com.au/Job/regulated-parking-officer/in/brisbane-brisbane/22835971) Logan City Council

Be part of one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland
Progressive team culture
Make a difference in your local community

Thrive in an organisation that values your professional contribution as well as your personal well being.
Government & Defence > Government - Local

(http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=1&Page=6&Refinement=Date+Listed&Keywords=&location=1004&SearchType=Paging#)
Add to shortlist (http://www.seek.com.au/JobSearch?DateRange=1&Page=6&Refinement=Date+Listed&Keywords=&location=1004&SearchType=Paging#)

1:13 PM Starting salary $55,793 + super + 9 day fortnight Brisbane

Wellington is under Redland Shire isn't it,,,,,,, this is on today's SEEK Employment Site

choppa

That job would want to come with a bullet proof vest and a gun

Stuart
02-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I think I will get some of those cards printed as well. I might have two types printed. The first one cars that park in boat ramps with no trailers and the second for those who dont know how to park straight in car parks. Both are dickheads.

WalrusLike
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Straight in car parks..... Don't you hate it when the dill beside you has parked way over so you need to also. Then they go and you look like the goose.

Doesn't happen often but has happened to me. Mostly I try and be centred even if others aren't but sometimes it just isn't possible.

netmaker
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
there is a woman who parks every day at my shopping centre and has no idea how to park her flash car or doesn't care. i take great delight in parking within my lines so close that sometimes she has to get in the passenger side;D

lucee81
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
What kind of man goes to the shop every day???
New dresses or heels?

netmaker
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
one that works at a shopping centre.

Stuart
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Classic. I take the shit box to the shops incase I have to pay revenge to some half wit that likesto park at a 45 degree angle to everyone else. Im much the same, I park the shit box so close to there car door they have to climb through the passanger side. Even saw one idiot climbing through the boot because the other side was to close to open as well. I have never laughed so hard. The shit you see when you dont have a video.

Jarrah Jack
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
there is a woman who parks every day at my shopping centre and has no idea how to park her flash car or doesn't care. i take great delight in parking within my lines so close that sometimes she has to get in the passenger side;D

You and TOL must have a lot of fun working together..

Camhawk88
02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
A hand writen note on the windscreen such as this can be good:

Im sorry I have accidentally hit your car with mine. The dent was very small but so I dont think I need to leave my details. SorryX

Feel smug in the knowledge that the moron will spend months looking for a mystery dent.

Obviously use this sparingly as if the bloke sees a heap of cars with similar notes he will twig.

netmaker
02-08-2012, 08:12 PM
when i heard that one last the note said: i am writing this because the people who saw me damage your car think i am leaving my details - but i'm not.

netmaker
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
good news fellas. received an email from karen williams advising that officers are working on a report to be presented at the September City Services Committee meeting. i will be sent an email of the reports findings as will others who were present at the community meeting. i was also informed that parking officers will be at the point this weekend enforcing the law! a small win but i dont want to get too excited until i see the report. and also signed up rig numbers 38, 39 and 40 today. my wife is hoping the report is favourable as the barby bill is growing...

netmaker
03-08-2012, 12:18 PM
keep an ear out for me on dave downies fishing show 6.30pm sunday (apparently).

matt fraser
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
good news fellas. received an email from karen williams advising that officers are working on a report to be presented at the September City Services Committee meeting. i will be sent an email of the reports findings as will others who were present at the community meeting. i was also informed that parking officers will be at the point this weekend enforcing the law! a small win but i dont want to get too excited until i see the report. and also signed up rig numbers 38, 39 and 40 today. my wife is hoping the report is favourable as the barby bill is growing...

Congratulations on the news, well done! The parking officers should start making a difference. Keep us in the loop on the report.

Again, well done!

Matt

netmaker
03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
thanks matt. as i am intending to get out to mud tomorrow after work i will be down there just after lunch. hopefully there will be somewhere to park and hopefully i will see parking officers doing their job. and yes, i will definately be keeping everyone in the loop (just try and shut me up lol).
cheers

Eug
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
some constructive criticism netmaker, if you don't mind. while i totally agree with what you're doing i'd hate to see this bite us (fishos) in the arse. last thing we want is for the officers to start booking cars with trailers parked incorrectly because they couldn't find a spot due to these rude twits.

i certainly do not doubt the inspectors will discriminate nor do i think they will understand that the trailer may have parked that way because a single car has taken up a designated trailer spot. it works both ways and fishos should be equally reminded that if they can't find a spot to either wait or head to another ramp.

some food for thought
cheers
eug

Mick77
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
i am writing this because the people who saw me damage your car think i am leaving my details - but i'm not.

Thats gold, but would be a dog act for someone to actually do it lol

netmaker
03-08-2012, 08:21 PM
eug. i have considered your point and dont object to any criticism. i am trying to look forward. the conditions at the ramp now are unacceptable. i dont think there would be a boatie amongst us who would begrudge the walk up and down the hill if every trailer bay were filled with trailers. did you not see the pics? these cars are parking in our RIGGING BAYS! if a few boaties get fined for incorrect parking it would have to be considered collateral damage. you cant make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. they can do the walk until the message gets through that cars dont belong in trailer bays or risk the fines. if we do nothing, just think about the conditions our kids and grandkids will face just to enjoy a day on the water.

Muddy Toes
03-08-2012, 08:39 PM
For me it's quite simple.
Cars parked in designated trailer parks = illegal and should be fined.
Boaties parked in gardens and on walkways= illegal and should be fined.

If we both play by the rules then it's all good, the problem arises when these rules are not enforced and one side suffers.
At the moment the side that is suffering is us boaties hence we're a bit peeved off just the same as pedestrians would be if we parked our rigs up on the footpath.

netmaker
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
too right anthony. if the trailer bays are freed of cars then there shouldn't be boaties parking illegally either, and if they do, then they also deserve to be fined.

Eug
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
spot on muddy.

i do understand that there will be collateral damage. i was also just saying that whilst you're on nuggets radio to remind the fishos that we must also equally adhere to the rules, particularly so when the officers are out in force. i saw the photos and i have been in similar situations before (jacobs well), i was just stating the obvious in case any of us fishos were under the impression that the officers would only be booking vehicles in trailer/rigging bays.

once again kudos to you for bringing attention to it, i'd just hate to see a fisho unknowing of the whole situation get pinged due to inconsiderate drivers. not everyone reads these forums and nuggets broadcast will certainly help spread the word.

cheers
eug

netmaker
04-08-2012, 06:10 AM
cheers eug. duly noted.

madmackrel
04-08-2012, 08:06 AM
keep an ear out for me on dave downies fishing show 6.30pm sunday (apparently).
Always said you had a head for radio mate, on a serious note Dave thanks for the effort your making.
Cheers Perry

backhoe
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Just been done there for a ride on the bike and first thing I noticed was the amount of empty trailer spaces. Then I noticed the amount of cars driving around looking for a parking spot.
Then I saw the reason. A parking officer complete with security guard and big dog. Few cars with freshly placed tickets and peeved off drivers. Great to see
Gave a bit of verbal encouragement as I went past.;D;D
From my past dealings with the local member over this issue I highly doubt she would have anything to do with the enforcement. Maybe the new mayor is fisho friendly?
Hope it continues and maybe the non-boating public might get the hint and learn how to read signs.

OODIES
04-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey Backhoe mate I was down there as well and saw what you saw, but prior to the inspector getting there I approached a bloke parked in a trailer bay, check out how the conversation went in my post:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?186272-Is-wello-point-adequately-sign-posted

BINGO

netmaker
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
one of the nicest views at the point;)

OODIES
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
That's only one of the 3 P's Davo..:o
Sure was a nice way to spend lunch time mate.

Cheers again
BINGO

netmaker
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
much better than staying at home feeling sick (and sorry for yourself:P). the prawns were alright too;D

OODIES
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Free prawns are My favorite Davo ;D
You've mentioned the 2nd P.. I suggest we leave the 3rd one alone..

netmaker
06-08-2012, 10:35 AM
wisely suggested

netmaker
13-08-2012, 05:28 PM
story should be in bayside bulletin this week with pics of rigging bays. also protestor number 44 signed up.

netmaker
17-08-2012, 01:00 PM
council officers were down the point issuing fines again last weekend. only 1 boat trailer using the bays due to the wind. still good to see that council is working to change the parking "culture" at the point. rig number 45 signed up now too. story didn't make the local rag this week but should be in next weeks.
cheers

Peter4
17-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Wish they were there on Wednesday arvo, Dave. Nearly every car & boat trailer space had either one or two cars in it. I was lucky and snuck into a space when two mates left at the same time. I actually pushed in front of a car full of family that were planning to park there.

Coming out was OK except for the DH that thought the top of the ramp was the best place to tie down his boat after pulling it from the water. Bloody idiots everywhere...

Muddy Toes
17-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Did anyone read the opinions section in the Redland Times?::)

Gon Fishun
17-08-2012, 10:14 PM

Yep. Another tree hugger that has no idea.:-?

netmaker
20-08-2012, 02:55 PM

sent a reply back to the times this morn. thanks peter4. i was at work wednesday. handy knowing it was usual 5hit fight 2 days after the redlands public holiday. and good to see council issuing fines on windy days too. the people who park in these bays on windy days will do the same on calm days without a second thought.

netmaker
24-08-2012, 07:38 PM
does my neck look red in this?;D
http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/story/241677/boaties-complain-about-lack-of-parking/?cs=212

cobiaman
24-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Good onya dave, hopefully something positive will happen cause of it...

OODIES
24-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Nice write up there Davo,hhhmmm, we'll see how long they keep up the enforcement.

BINGO