PDA

View Full Version : Parkit360 owners

skifalls
24-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Fellow member's,

A quick call out to any owners or people experienced with the parkit360 Electric Dolly. I'm looking for any feedback and/or opinions the following.

I have purchased a new 5.0 Mtr Fibreglass boat due mid september, as part of the process for ensuring it fit's in our carport last weekend we borrowed a boat from the manufacturer to ensure entry and exit from our house was ok.

We struck a minor issue where due to the 90 degree turn into the carport we found it impossible to reverse the boat into the carport there isn't quite enough room to perform a full lock on the car (Toyota Prado).

Now before you ask what idiot put's a deposit down on a boat and doesn't check this, I did plan for a B and C option, that being at the in-laws house or in storage closely located the Port Phillip Bay (VIC).

The benefit's and convenience of option A being our carport have driven me to finding a solution, to which, I believe I now have one. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with the parkit360 electric dolly, the videos I've seen on the internet show it can on the surface meet my requirement's to reverse the boat into the carport.

I have read some reviews that suggest the dolly does not work correctly with boat where there is mechanical brake on the trailer, which is a requirement for boat/trailer's over 700kg approx. I've heard with mechanical brake there is a manual override that can disable the brakes, does anyone know if this is the case and a standard feature or do I need to check with the manufacturer.

The manufacturer trailer supplied is a Dunbeir, I don't know the model but it is a full roll on/off setup with the boat being a Evolution 500 cuddy. The driveway itself is about 2mtr on 40mm blue metal (almost dead flat) then slightly uphill (less than the 6 degree quoted max) on concrete.

Thanks in advance,
Mathew.

Still_Dreamin
24-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I have no experience with them but did something that sounds similar in the Brisbane jayco dealers sales catalogue online. It was over $2500. I have a dunbier trailer for my tournament 1750. On the mechanical brake there is a collar to flip over to prevent the brake from functioning. At one of the boat shows there was a jockey wheel that had lever that you used to manouver the boat/van around. Might be a cheaper option. The blue metal may make things difficult if the jockey wheel digs in.

Still_Dreamin
24-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Quick Google search and found Manutec easy mover for $250-300. My shed was 100mm short to fit bmt so ordered my dunbier trailer with s swing away draw bar which saves me just under two feet.

cormorant
24-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Put a towball on the front of the prado - much more control and makes tight turns easy

Some others but watch slippery or sloping sites with them all.

ezi move - ark, Tow dog , Aussie wheel , Power hitch , Power wheel