PDA

View Full Version : what's my boat worth? opions please.

FisHard
21-07-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm umming and ahhing about selling my boat and either just doing (fishing) charters, or getting a smaller rig and doing a few charters to satisfy my outwide needs. Happy to hear from all the learned folk what do you think it would go for.
1997 Seafarer Venom Centre Console
1997 Tinka trailer with Hydrastar brakes, 3 year old tyres and new rollers. Overall, fair to good condition.
2010 Suzuki 200 approx 40 hrs (grey import) stainless prop and stainless spare. 1st service done. Fitted in Dec 11. Was brand new unused prior to being fitted.
Lenco trim tabs with led switch. Twin batteries new 3 months ago. 240l underfloor tank. Lowrance hds 8 gps/sounder. Custom stainless bimini and full clears. Bunk infill to create bed in front of console. Overall condition of boat is good. Radios are old and just croaked it on last trip.
Btw, if you are interested in buying it, please let me know :)

LittleSkipper
21-07-2012, 12:06 PM
The decision is all yours as to whether you wish to sell your boat or not? If your unsure how much to sell it for go to boatpoint.com.au for comparisons on your Seafarer. Good Luck! Nice rig by the way!!

FisHard
21-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks LS. A big player in the decision process, is what the boat will bring in todays market. There's no need to give it away, but curious to get a range of views of its value.

ozynorts
21-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Found this one for reference
http://townsvillemarine.com.au/seafarer-venom-6-2/
and this one
http://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/trailer-boats/seafarer-venom-6-2-luxury-fishing-diving-and-cruising/114933

FisHard
22-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks Ozynorts. The 1 in Perth is well equipped, but has the v6 ficht time bomb on it! Anone care to put a number on mine? :)

Spaniard_King
22-07-2012, 02:28 PM
45 if you want to shift it... 60 if you want to collect some dust

johncar
22-07-2012, 02:53 PM
It always makes it more difficult with a near new motor on a boat that is getting a few years in it. Have a soft spot for those SF's built around that time, some of the best built I think.
So I will have a go without knowing the boat so don't shoot me and depending on the condition, how well it has been maintained, whether it's been stored inside or outside all the wiring, trailer condition, brakes etc and can't make those judgements from photos. from what I can see I would put it in a range from $35K to $45K assuming no warranty on the engine although they are generally a good engine I know of one recently that needed a new powerhead at 50 hours so it can happen to the best of them.
Of course it could be worth more but would have to see it to know.
Lots of other factors involved and the market dictates the value and being a buyers market ATM doesn't help and you can't even really go by what other have their boats listed for as the actual selling price can be considerably lower, but it would give you a guide as a starting point just to be competitive.

FisHard
22-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks Garry. I'd be happy around $45k. As the owner of multiple vehices (trucks and utes etc) I'm always amazed at how boat owners seem to think depreciation don't apply to their rigs.
Anyone agree with this figure?

FisHard
22-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks Johncar, all thoughts are appreciated. She's solid alright, plenty of glass wherever you go. I liked Garrys estimate better ;)

outta line
22-07-2012, 05:26 PM
have to go closer to the 50k + i would think....yes the market is low but these cc dont come on the 2nd hand market often....just got to wait for the rite buyer to come along ...same with everything.....deprecation is always a factor but you would only get half the boat these days....dont think they make the vouge or venom anymore....i used to have a 5.5 vouge and loved every hour in it ....

FisHard
22-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks Outta Line. For those interested in fuel figures, last weekend, we did about 150nm for 250l. This was a combo of cruising in very good conditions, a fair bit of trolling at 6kts and finally, getting smashed into the teeth of 25-30SE'r for the last hour or so. We were loaded up with 6 jerrys of fuel and our big icebox chockers. Not a bad result I reckon.

FisHard
19-01-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1181

Finally made a decision on this!

wayno60
19-01-2013, 10:26 PM
yep at that price i dont think you will have much of a problem in shifting it...you know someone will offer you 40 for it...and if they do, take it.

FisHard
20-01-2013, 08:14 AM
yep at that price i dont think you will have much of a problem in shifting it...you know someone will offer you 40 for it...and if they do, take it.
That's the reality isn't it? All good :)