PDA

View Full Version : wello pt boat blockade

netmaker
19-07-2012, 09:13 PM
ok ausfishos. i have decided i am on a crusade. i'm looking for a show of hands. if you haven't read wellington point parking issue threads, please do. if you have, please show some support to your fellow ausfishos and fishos in general. i want to get mobile numbers of those prepared to bring their trailers - boat, box, caravan whatever and come join with some mates for a sunday morning extended barby at the point. date to be weather dependent so it would be good to start putting some names and numbers down so i can send a bulk text when the weather is looking good. i have been giving out fliers to my tax clients referring to the thread and am collecting new numbers daily. i did 40 returns today. most everyone if they dont fish have family and friends who do. those of you who are members on other fishing forums, please post a referral or cut and paste. I am rather certain that the boys in blue are on our side as i was informed by a client today (quite high up the police ladder)that they were very unhappy with councils stance. i told him i was very happy that he was very unhappy;). btw, brekky will be on me.
cheers

Muddy Toes
19-07-2012, 09:16 PM
If I'm home when it's on mate count me in.

Still_Dreamin
19-07-2012, 09:50 PM
How about this Sunday? Blowing 25knots but sunny.

Humdinger
19-07-2012, 09:59 PM
i'll be there mate

netmaker
19-07-2012, 09:59 PM
m&g this weekend. but good to see your keen. still happy to wait and see councils plan released in august but just want to be as ready as possible.

shy guys
19-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm there Bret will be there I'm thinking with boat in tow and shy guy 2 will be comeing with boat in tow let's stick it to them I can bring down a BBQ if need be dave more than happy to help

OODIES
19-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Don't think I need to reply Davo, not hard to guess where I stand on this matter.
You bet I'm in, as long as the timing doesn't clash with other commitments.

Bingo. ( Dave)

netmaker
19-07-2012, 10:07 PM
plenty of barbies at the point already harry - if a man's early enough;);D

Humdinger
19-07-2012, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=shy guys;1403959] Bret will be there I'm thinking with boat in tow

was that a dig ;D;D;D:stupid: ha ha

ready when you are dave

shy guys
19-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Might need to start digging to bury that motor bret

lucee81
20-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Date dependant but I can drag the boat down nd if I get it close enough we can even have tunes to listen to instead of the whinging latte sippers.

lucee81
20-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Make it next Saturday mrs going to rocky so I can drag the boy and boat down for a few hours then on Sunday is the boaties market. What a weekend as Monday is a lunch at tangalooma with the family.
What m&g is this weekend.

netmaker
20-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Make it next Saturday mrs going to rocky so I can drag the boy and boat down for a few hours then on Sunday is the boaties market. What a weekend as Monday is a lunch at tangalooma with the family.
What m&g is this weekend.

breamin the pin. lucas i dont want trouble if it can be avoided. much like everyone else i would prefer to be fishing. as mentioned above, wait for council response but try to be ready before it's released.

lucee81
20-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Wait for council response. I used to work in council and let me tell you their response.
No comment.
Just a couple f mates having a BBQ before a night fish no trouble.

TimD
20-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Might be able to make it, just drop me a text when it's on Dave :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

netmaker
20-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Wait for council response. I used to work in council and let me tell you their response.
No comment.
Just a couple f mates having a BBQ before a night fish no trouble.

lucas. council said at the meeting that they would have some sort of plan to release in august. atm we have nothing to protest against except the non-issuing of fines. the law currently stands in our favour (along with police opinion). i am hoping that a good number of emails on the topic will give council reason to pause before amending laws. if they decide to change the laws that is when i think more drastic action will be required.

honda900
20-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Date dependant I am in as well. boat in tow.

Regards
HOnda.

lucee81
20-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Well arent we just a bunch of pitch fork toting red necks I thought we were just taking the boats for a drive and having a BBQ to admire each others rides.

Muddy Toes
20-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Well arent we just a bunch of pitch fork toting red necks I thought we were just taking the boats for a drive and having a BBQ to admire each others rides.

So we have to bring our partners then?

fishfeeder
20-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I am in, if I am around when its on... nothing like a good BBQ breakfast that lasts all day !!
Might have a boat safety check day, were we all check out each boat for safety issues...

How about a casting comp... that should scare away any others in a 300m radius

netmaker I will bring a few bags of cut up onions for the BBQ.

OODIES
20-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Lucce

I love the way your mind works mate, your innocent suggestions have an evil side to them, you crack me up mate.

Muddy
LOL......

Fishfeeder
A casting comp sounds like the go and maybe a throw the old bait at the illegally park car comp as well..(tongue in cheek)...

CHEERS
BINGO ( Dave)

netmaker
20-07-2012, 11:05 PM
So we have to bring our partners then?

lol. you must have giant kahunas. if i said that about my missus on the www i wouldn't be able to have my second family....

Muddy Toes
20-07-2012, 11:17 PM
lol. you must have giant kahunas. if i said that about my missus on the www i wouldn't be able to have my second family....

Jokes on you blokes.......I'm single!!!!!

Looks like I'll be the judge.

BayDog
21-07-2012, 07:52 AM
im there mate with my boat and so will the old man with his. we can't accept any loss of parking spaces in my opinion.

wave dancer
22-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Count me in netmaker, i will bring the boat along. Will have to bring the missus so she can tow the boat home after i have a few coldies.

Cheers Mick.

rosco1974
22-07-2012, 10:46 AM
date dependant i will be there as well..will have to get there early to geta park for the little pussy in tow.just remeber fellas all welcome on board for a drool of the cat but gps will be disconnected so none of u blokes can get my no drag pullin squire mark.lol
cheers rosco

fisho8
22-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Date dependant I will be there 2 now I have the brake system hooked up to my Cruiser might even get the missus to pull the tinny down on the back of the commodore to.

Lucky_Phill
22-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Weather and work dependant........ I'm in. !

lucee81
22-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm only work dependant as the boat was staying in the trailer and im not concerned with it getting wet of it rains, like some seem to be :) :) :)

2IC
22-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Davo I'm in weather dependent that is if its not blowing 25 ks & 4m seas I might be out fishing:-? Might even get bruce to unwrap his boat & bring it down:):) I think it needs the cobwebs blown off it:o

Bull
22-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Davo I don't go that far on my holidays but I will be there. I will bring 4 sets of wheel bearings and do some trailer maintenance;)

Cheers Brett

rosco1974
22-07-2012, 05:09 PM
hey bull,you coming all that way for a feed and to look at my pussy,lol

Bull
22-07-2012, 05:16 PM
hey bull,you coming all that way for a feed and to look at my pussy,lol

Rosco I would drive a long way to get a free snag or 2 lol.

I would love to have a look at your Pussy but can you wash it first it smelt a little fishy last time I saw it ;D;D

rosco1974
22-07-2012, 05:25 PM
yeah i know its well used

netmaker
22-07-2012, 06:40 PM
hi all. 25 so far including some large rigs. i'm putting fliers under wipers at wello every morning this week before work, taking some pics of the parks and doing some sums. also been thinking that a fine weather weekend would be a good thing as boaties going out that day will still take up trailer bays - we may even be able to bail them up and see if they will park where it will help us and send them on their way with a hot brekky.

Peter4
22-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Dave, how many car & trailer parks are there at Wello?

While I may not be at the blockade I do intend to go fishing on the weekend so my rig will be taking up one space for half the day! Don't think I'll be alone on this so you guys need to be aware enough to allow guys not participating to use up some spaces and to fill the empty ones when people are returning from a mornings fishing...

Cheers

Pete

netmaker
22-07-2012, 08:05 PM
pete. 150 car bays and 75 trailer bays. we will be taking the car bays and parking across them. the western beach car bays first and then work our way round towards the eastern side. trailer bays will be last. maybe you could walk a little further for us and take some car bays too?

Peter4
22-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry mate but I will only be using the correctly designated trailer bays. While I agree with the reasons for your blockade I will not do to others that which I do not want done to me. Your cause would be better served by getting some publicity and simply blocking all 75 trailer bays from incorrect use.

Happy to 'park in' anyone incorrectly using trailer bays but that is unlikely at 5.00am...

OODIES
22-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Peter

I understand your thoughts on this mater, however only filling the trailer bays won't make any point at all, I took and posted the pic of the VW GOLF parked illegally during the week, now whilst this is not a problem and doesn't concern me or many others, the concern for me is that these same people then come down on the weekends believing that this behavior is ok and because it is not being policed, (from what Dave (Netmaker) has been told by the police and council) then it is Absolutly ok to park in the trailer bays.

Peter, there in lays the problem, and this is what we need to change, FIsho's and boaties are not unreasonable people and we are Coping restrictions all over the place. Let's not forget the reason for this action.. That there is another call for there to be trailer bays taken from us at Wellington Point, if you have launched there on a good weekend, then you will know just how many trailer bays there isn't .

Thanks BINGO (Dave)

netmaker
23-07-2012, 06:45 AM
exactly. and the important thing to remember is parking across car bays is entirely legal by both council by-laws and police laws. blocking cars in could attract a $40 double parking fine from police AND invite vandalism. also, as stated earlier i too would rather be fishing than dealing with this shite but left unchecked we may well be fighting each other for limited parks in the future. remember that evil flourishes whilst good men do nothing and whilst i would not consider council "evil" the premise is the same.

fishfeeder
23-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Better idea would be to block the road into wello point and only let boaties through !!
Bulls tub takes up most of the road and with him doing wheel bearings in the middle of the road at the bottom of the hill, could cause a bit of a bottle neck..

Only one way in one way out of there..

OODIES
23-07-2012, 12:34 PM
There would be fines involved in doing that.

BINGO

netmaker
23-07-2012, 02:02 PM
that would be great brett except bull's wheel bearings have probably only done a couple hundred of k's now;). had considered such a thing but as stated earlier i dont want to see any of us fined (or charged with obstruction).

Muddy Toes
23-07-2012, 02:45 PM
So is Karen Williams getting an invite to the BBQ?

cobiaman
23-07-2012, 02:54 PM
that would be great brett except bull's wheel bearings have probably only done a couple hundred of k's now;).

Does that mean they are due again?

netmaker
23-07-2012, 05:17 PM
So is Karen Williams getting an invite to the BBQ?

anthony. i emailed karen this morning suggesting removal of the playground equipment on the south eastern side of the point and building parks for cars there. i also let her know of our plans but if push comes to shove the media will know about it but i will not be informing council in advance for fear of them finding some way to thwart our plans. hence the reason for requesting mobile numbers instead of posting openly on the forum. you haven't sent me yours yet?

matt fraser
24-07-2012, 10:10 AM
G'day Dave,

I use Wello regularly both for boating and family gatherings. Its a popular spot, and it can be just as difficult getting a car park or a trailer park at times. I've been frustrated by having to park on the road in, and other times I've seen the trailer parking bare, due to rough conditions, where it doesn't really matter who parks in trailer spaces.

On busy summer days it can be a nightmare. Wello needs more parks for both cars and trailers. I agree with your suggestion of extending the parking to the South East, if you look at the photo below, there is heaps of room here, and the playground could be relocated further south.

I reckon if you block cars out you are just going to piss people off. If a family is coming down to the point to celebrate a special occasion and that is ruined by a bunch of redneck boaties, they are going to be very peeved and remember it for a long time. We need to get the public on board, not offside. You may get some publicity, but is it the kind you want. Do we have to worry about our cars getting keyed while we are out fishing. We will gain no support and empathy from the public.

If we have a well organised rally, where we fill the trailer spots first, have a BBQ breaky and rally, before departing in convoy around 10am to take the protest through the streets of the Redlands, with banners and signs on boats. We could spread the message further, get more support and reach more people. Also it will clear the point for families to have their lunchtime gatherings.

No need to make it a private undercover operation, us against them. Make the date public, get it written up in the paper and let people know, I reckon you will get more support, and more empathy, heck you might even get the public involved protesting for the same thing. More parking spaces at Wellington Point!

Just my opinion, take it or leave it, well done for getting something started.

Cheers,

Matt

fishfeeder
24-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Matt what your saying makes sense but there is something else to consider...

150 car spaces is enough for that small area, given an average of 3 per car that's 450 people all wanting there own area on the grass....
There are many parks within 15min drive with swings and grass for picnics. They don't have boat ramps which we need to be able to enjoy our chosen activity.
Or have a council bus run from the train station to the point..

Making more parking spots to me sounds crazy, all that is going to do is heighten the problem by bringing more people into a small area ...
All the council needs to do is make parking in the Boat & Trailer parks a fine able offense if you don't have a trailer on and be down there on weekends and public holidays to write the tickets, this process should happen at all boat ramps. It won't take long for then to stop with an $80 fine each trip.

We all pay Boat and Trailer rego's so we should have designated parking areas at boat ramps for us to use and they should be accessible to us...

Of course this is just my thoughts over the problem and how I see a simple fix.

Cheers
Brett

OODIES
24-07-2012, 01:08 PM
This issue was always going to get a divided opinion and rightfully so, we all see things differently.

Matt.
You put up a very intelligent and thought out opinion and I agree with a lot of what you had to say, you made a lot of sense and I don't really want to piss a heap of innocent families off, however I also have to agree with Fishfeeder in that we don't need more people on the point on the good days as this I believe will only exacerbate the problem. The crutch of the issue is that it needs to be policed again so that people get the message.

BINGO

matt fraser
24-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Fair enough, it'd be good to see parking fines introduced, well signed and policed.

The times I've had to park back up on the main road, I didn't notice cars in trailer parks, they were all full with boat trailers. There aren't enough parks in the joint to cope with busy weekends for both boaties and cars.

Cheers,

Matt

netmaker
24-07-2012, 08:11 PM
hi matt. i agree, a very well thought out post. i too, dont really wish to upset innocent day trippers. this is really to make council consider their options before releasing any kind of proposal that will be detrimental to us boaties, to let them know that we may actually be cohesive enough to upset the apple cart. i have no problems amending original proposals and welcome all input. thanks for yours. i'm all up for voting on a course of action before any is taken.
cheers

OODIES
24-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Agreed Davo

honda900
25-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I think Matts Idea is a good one, we get in, make our point, leave them to it, as we want the public onside. One other thing I might add, "you are welcome to bring your kids over for a look at the boats" (not on the water but in the car park) encourage a bit of support. Definately ring a few radio and Tv stations, you never know it might be a slow day..

"please respect our right to park our boat trailers as we have limited facilities"

Regards
HOnda.

OODIES
25-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Nice touch Honda, great idea.

Cheers
BINGO

netmaker
29-07-2012, 02:22 PM

wello pt at 12.30 today. every trailer bay taken, one boatie parked on the median strip. last pic is 6 cars parked in the rigging bay, not one spot left for a bloke to rig up. passed two boaties heading down the point on my way back. buggered if i know where they will park, let alone rig up. canned my arvo fishing plans - rude, ignorant, selfish pricks - nicest thing i can say.

OODIES
29-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Great shots Davo, Absolutly shows the bloody ignorance of these people and I don't believe anyone on this or any other forum can defend the actions of these people, this is a great example Davo.

BINGO

netmaker
29-07-2012, 03:19 PM
emailed the pics to cleveland police and to the mayor. surely they cant see this as acceptable?

netmaker
29-07-2012, 03:22 PM
also rang the police and complained and was told a car would be sent down. hopefully they upset a few of those muppets.

Axl
30-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Well done netmaker stick it to them mate, if the cops sent a car down there they would have there xmas party paid for in no time.

I dont use the Wello point ramp (or should I say I havent I may one day) however if I am not at work on the day of the blockade I'll certainly bring the boat down to help out.

Redspeckle
30-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I live in the redlands but unfortunately work away as a. FIFO worker so not home all the time am currently away but E mail my my local councillor over 2 weeks ago about this reply got back from councillor said there was "No petition for more car parks there & they actually have put more boat trailer parks in over the years "
"YEAH RIGHT NOT " >:(
Mitch

OODIES
30-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Mitch

From what I understand we lost trailer bays in the last redesign on the point , Netmaker could probably confirm if this is correct.

BINGO

netmaker
30-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Mitch

From what I understand we lost trailer bays in the last redesign on the point , Netmaker could probably confirm if this is correct.

BINGO

Nope. cant confirm. only what i heard last time. issues raised at meeting were about "shared parking" where the only shared parks were trailer parks, and "time slots" and even "wind conditions". either way, none of it sounded good. i have also "heard" that a new bus terminal at vicky pt will cost parks as will a new ferry terminal at reddy bay. dont know the accuracy of this - it may even just be car bays? but less car bays still means more cars in trailer bays. guaranteed to be a continuing problem.

netmaker
30-07-2012, 09:34 PM
there was another fellow there from bfo who seemed quite knowledgable in the law who pointed out that there were fewer trailer parks there than was supposed to be by law for the number of ramps.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 07:48 AM
I live in the redlands but unfortunately work away as a. FIFO worker so not home all the time am currently away but E mail my my local councillor over 2 weeks ago about this reply got back from councillor said there was "No petition for more car parks there & they actually have put more boat trailer parks in over the years "
"YEAH RIGHT NOT " >:(
Mitch

mitch, that is quite possible. BUT even if there are more bays there it is meaningless if they are filled with cars and not being policed.

netmaker
31-07-2012, 07:49 AM
and yes, i have no reason to believe that trailer bay numbers are to be reduced. what is being considered is "shared" bays which is reducing the "availability" of bays, not necessarily the number of bays.

Redspeckle
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
So what about the supposedly petition going around for more car parks. at the boat ramp
Just got remember goverments give it the mirror treatment and treat the public like idiots which we are not they only do something about it if going help & better them and its the councillor in Division 1 behind it

Mitch

Tangles
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
netmaker,

pm me when your doing this,

netmaker
04-08-2012, 06:13 AM
hopefully a non-event mike. now waiting for september report result.