PDA

View Full Version : Land based lurefishing spots around Clontarf?

FishHunter
18-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I am spending a some time in Clontarf as my partner is living there due to a work transfer and am looking for nearby spots to do some lure fishing.

Anybody know of a some spots?

fat-buoy
19-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Scotts Point rocks were always good fun... (mind you I have no idea of green zones around the Peninsula these days).. around now you can get some good tailor and bream and flatties off the rocks.. best on a low tide with the westerlies as the water will flatten right out... Other than that at low tide you can wade across to the rocks opposite the Clontarf ramp.. around the outer edge of the outcrop is always good for a fish but is pretty gnarly so you may lose a bit of tackle etc...

split-shot
20-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Try Hay's inlet at low tide. Mainly flathead and a few bream. The fishing platform is an option, but usually crowded, the same goes for the woody point jetty.

brock13
20-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Try around hornybrook bridge on top of the high and bottom of the low

FishHunter
20-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys, I will give it a go Saturday morning

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

kingcray
20-07-2012, 10:04 PM
hey fishhunter. while they are all good suggestions being land based you will find plenty of boat traffic in those areas which makes it difficult. I fish the area every wkend if i can with plastics and always get a feed, if i were you i would try from the banks past the woody pt jetty before u get to the green zone sign. Its a lot quieter there as its dangerous for boats. very rocky but some big bream live around there and flatties too. Fish light as possible. Best fish are in the shallower darker patches of rocks.
A shame but just about all of scotts pt off limits now.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?181362-Woody-Bream&highlight=woody+bream

Hope this helps and u get a few
Dean