PDA

View Full Version : St Lawerence

Bruce Micheal
16-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Due to the wet weather, I took a drive down to St Lawrence yesterday for a bit of a look. Went to both boat ramps and it seems you obviously need a 4x4 to launch your boat due to the high tidal variance and mud:-? Apart from that 'little' problem the area looks very promising.
Due to the weather no locals seemed to venture out, but it appears nearly everyone has a boat of some sort in their yard, some in the 5m+ range, so I think the fishing maybe OK?
Has anyone fished or based themselves from there? Or does anyone on this forum live there and how does the area fish?:)
regards
Bruce

Bull
16-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Bruce,
I grew up in St Lawrence and know the area pretty well. I still have a place 20 mins up the road at Clairview.
The tides are massive there. 4.5m is a small tide. You can only get your boat in at about 1/2 tide and you wanna get it out by 1/2 tide as well. In saying that I enjoy fishing the holes at low tide.
I think the crabbing and fishing is awesome most of the time I love getting up there when ever I can.
Send me a pm if you want any more info I could go on about this place for hours lol.
Cheers Brett

tunaticer
16-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Be careful and mindful of the tidal bore that comes at the start of the run in on some tides, damn near surfable sometimes.
I prefer the area in a good drought.

steve99
17-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

http://i50.tinypic.com/f0aiqb.jpg

Bull
17-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

http://i50.tinypic.com/f0aiqb.jpg

Bring a tear to my eye the old Sportsman s Arms Hotel on the right hand side

Bruce Micheal
18-07-2012, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=steve99;1403228]Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

Yep Steve, you're right, not much happens! that's why I like the place (even signed a contract on a house!).;D Bull1, had a few beers at the Sportsman's Arms...my kind of pub...nice and quite!;)